Using this for wrist exercises

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by 10TRAHun, Jan 20, 2013.

1. 10TRAHun

10TRAHun New Member

[​IMG]

I found this in my storage and I brought it out to try. I honestly have no idea what it's called but here's what I do with it.

I tied the two handles together many times to make it harder to pull. I place my foot on the base and stretch my leg out. I grab one of the handles and pull it towards me. By the time I can't stretch it any further, the elastic rope is really tense and I do something similar to wrist curls with it.

Do you guys think this is a good way to do wrist exercises?

2. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    This one is still being used by international players and sport schools. ;)

[video=youtube;W7jlk_gVhQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jlk_gVhQA&list=PLwLTaGbH1KCGUJyelnZN4vWJ V9gKqg-Bn[/video]

4. 10TRAHun

10TRAHun New Member

I'm aware of methods like these, but what I'm asking is, is the way I suggested a good way?

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Don't hit the ceiling. If it works for you and easier to make it, why not? ;)

6. ronaldindin

ronaldindin Regular Member

there's one product called powerball which used to increase strength or wrist too. anyone of you tried before?

7. uglydewey

uglydewey Regular Member

Student
    I've tried it before, it will strengthen your wrist, but the problem is people try to go as fast as they can, and that does not help your wrist. You want to go for a long time at a moderate speed. I got it for like 18$ from NCIX.

8. phili

phili Regular Member

From the looks of it I don't think it is meant to strengthen your wrist. I think it is for your upper back and arm.

9. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    When I was a junior, my father bought the powerball. When you get the hang of it, the powerball turns into some kind of 'kinetic' mode (don't really know how to explain it, but the powerball is spinning like madness). When you reach that stage, try to maintain that speed. As a junior, it definitely helped me to improve my wrist/underarm power. I'm going to use that training method with the stick and weight attached to it with a rope.

On topic: I guess you can try to stand on the base, handle in each hand. Move your arms up next to your body, horizontally with the floor. Try to maintain this position, while moving your hands up and down (without moving your arms).
    Variant on first exercise: your arms in front of your body (horizontally with the floor), instead of next to your body.
    Other: stand on base, handle in the same hand you normally hold your racket in. Rope behind your back. Point elbow to the ceiling, hand with handle is behind your head/back. Try to lift the handle above your head, without moving your upper arm/elbow. This may be usefull for your overhead action (I did the same exercise with a lightweight dumbbell). I wonder how long that elastic rope is though! Good luck

10. ronaldindin

ronaldindin Regular Member

so it's advisable to doing it in constant speed? Because the manual of the powerball itself didn't teach the correct way. Thanks