User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limited328 View Post
    @Kwun - That's really cheap. That's still $7.7 if you at least visit this place once a week.
    $400/52weeks = $7.7~
    Too bad GTA doesn't have that deal. How's the court availability.
    yes. to breakeven, play at least once a week, and for people who plays more than that, it starts to become pretty good deal.

availability is actually very good. facilities here starts at 8 courts and the largest ones are 26 courts. the ones i regularly go to are 22 and 18 courts. while not always have vacancies, they do implement a queuing system which allows us to play every other game in the worst case, and in many evenings (esp after 9pm), we can pretty much play non-stop. the peak times are weekday early evening and weekend afternoons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frequent between Toronto and Vancouver often. Does anyone else here find it bothering that the club is named "C2". I don't know if Darryl from ClearOne Badminton Centre ever trademarked "C2", but I recall when the ClearOne Browngate location first opened up, it was known as ClearTwo or "C2". I'm under the assumption that these two clubs have no affiliation whatsoever. I hope the individuals that opened this club in Toronto did not try to mislead people into thinking that there is some sort of affiliation.

Darryl and ClearOne is quite reputable as a badminton training centre and have produced quite a few top Canadians and has been a big part in growing the game in Canada (i.e bringing in top international players for exhibitions and coaching - Taufik Hidayat and soon Peter Gade).

I'm not suggesting that this club is bad or anything (I hope it turns out to be good - we want to grow the game in Canada). It just bothers me that the club is awfully similar in name only to the ClearOne clubs (Richmond, Poco, Calgary, Orlando).

Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by DarthHowie; 01-25-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: wanted to clarify my point. not trying to flame on this new club

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't bother me, but tbh when I first read about this place I thought there was affiliation with the BC club too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    It doesn't bother me, but tbh when I first read about this place I thought there was affiliation with the BC club too.
    That was the point that i was trying to make. Most people will initially make that association with ClearOne. I was thinking of posting onto their facebook page to confirm that they have no affiliation whatsoever with ClearOne. Would I be going too far? I'm just a badminton enthusiast.

5. Likes Cookz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how many ppl here in Toronto who are just casual players even know what clearone is. Those who do know will probably know the two have no affiliation. Those who dont, dont even know c-one exists and what they are about. Let me put it this way. At the toronto open, some of the audience dont even know where Toby Ng is from . You think they know the existence of clearone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    I wonder how many ppl here in Toronto who are just casual players even know what clearone is. Those who do know will probably know the two have no affiliation. Those who dont, dont even know c-one exists and what they are about. Let me put it this way. At the toronto open, some of the audience dont even know where Toby Ng is from . You think they know the existence of clearone?
    That's a shame. People should at least know who Toby Ng is since he did represent Canada at the London 2012 Olympics..... But i guess the majority of people don't know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clear one? Who are they? and Toby Ng who's that?

I've never heard of the place or person. There are lots of people who love Badminton and are very good at it. They don't need to know to enjoy the sport. I don't mean it in a bad way, but why should anyone concern themselves if it not important to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donttrainme View Post

I've never heard of the place or person. There are lots of people who love Badminton and are very good at it. They don't need to know to enjoy the sport. I don't mean it in a bad way, but why should anyone concern themselves if it not important to them.
    Tis always better to keep your mouth shut and be presumed an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am assuming you like badminton because you did join this Forum. Good or bad in badminton is not the focus. Respecting the sport is. Who care about if you know who Toby Ng is. If you don't know or don't care, just keep the opinion to yourself. Be civilized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    I am assuming you like badminton because you did join this Forum. Good or bad in badminton is not the focus. Respecting the sport is. Who care about if you know who Toby Ng is. If you don't know or don't care, just keep the opinion to yourself. Be civilized.
    Darthhowie
    "That's a shame. People should at least know who Toby is since he did represent Canada at the London 2012 Olympics.

Is an “opinion” or maybe a belief

Quoted from Borbor:

that looks like rubber on concrete; and judging from the last pic, it hardly looks like they have a "court shoe only" policy

Borbor right back at you!

BTW Latecomer.....Quote "If you don't know or don't care, just keep the opinion to yourself." is also an opinion. But, don't worry I won't tell you to keep it to yourself.

"Everyone loves the good and everyone is scared of the bad, but everyone has both inside.

Hey Borbor, That's an original quote not plagiarized. Is that civilized enough for everyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! we should all get together and beat the !#?& out of each other!......In badminton ofcourse.

13. Likes kwun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many court C2 has?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've got 9 courts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! we should all get together and beat the !#?& out of each other!......In badminton ofcourse.
    I was just thinking of that! Or maybe like a little tournament. But then again....it may be pretty costly. Good idea tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you mean by pretty costly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you still interested to play? I am very close to this facility:
    http://www.c2badminton.com/
    C2 Badminton Club Inc.
    1300 Rodick Rd UnitD
    10:00-18:00 $5
    I work from home and can take a "work break" from either 10:00-11:30 or 12:00-15:00 as they have free WiFi to monitor work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Steven I'm only available in evenings with the exception of Fridays……

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast