User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike partnering:

- players who are more interested in showing off their gear than playing.

- players who try to teach you how to play even though their skills and gameplay are not really impressive (worse than the partner).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    So yesterday I encounter 1 fella (let's call him A), roughly a year since I first met him during one of the random sessions I joined. And I was reminded AGAIN why it irked me when playing a MD game with him:

1) so he came down with his fren B, who happened to be my partner for 1 game. And all throughout the game, he was joking and trash-talking his fren across the net... and wasn't taking the playing serious (eg. short forehand serve going wide by 1 foot?!). Look, it's a paying session... surely it's not fair to me nor his partner (another "outsider") that we did not get a good enjoyable workout?

2) when challenging each other at the net, when the shuttle is still *on my side* as I am attempting a netshot, he frequently makes a motion of smashing down. Maybe my mental concentration is not strong (or I'm easily irritated ), but it's damn distracting and highly unsportsman-like!

3) when he wins a point, and gets back the shuttle, he only takes a second or 2 to serve, after checking the receiving player is racquet-up. A couple of times, his opponent's partner was still walking to his ready position when play started! Granted, the receiving player should have checked that his own partner is ready before indicating he's ready to receive. But it's surely good ettiquette to ensure all players are ready to play... before serving!

Ok, rant finished. Feel much better now! Please feel free to add your own experiences guys.
    1) Oh well, I have one or 2 fellas in my badminton session who is like that too.... yeah, I paid for the game, but remember it's not a tournament.

2) I don't think shadow swings are unsportsmanlike or even illegal - hell I do that most of the time when crouching in front of the net. The reason for that is if a shot were to reach my area instead of my partner behind, my "swing" can immediately become a kill shot.

3) This one is basically communication - tell your partner to hold first while positioning before saying "OK" when you're done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    I dislike partnering:

- players who are more interested in showing off their gear than playing.

- players who try to teach you how to play even though their skills and gameplay are not really impressive (worse than the partner).
    Bro, if you are playing in SG, there are alot eh, especially point 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn from the professional 'time-wasters' like Boe/Morgensen
    Both of them can't beat Wang Shixian's time wasting skills!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kvyra View Post
    Bro, if you are playing in SG, there are alot eh, especially point 1.
    yes agreed. not a lot of humble players in singapore unfortunately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes agreed. not a lot of humble players in singapore unfortunately
    the more different games u play, the more humble players you will meet.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2