Professional advises needed to choose a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rlky1990, Jan 22, 2013.

1. rlky1990

rlky1990 Regular Member

Hello guys! currently looking for a new racquet. i would consider myself as a intermediate-advanced player. Only plays doubles and im an aggresive player. I seek for power smashes. I have no specific brands in mind. thank you guys

2. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    get something fast but powerful. (4UG5 would be perfect but depends on your strength)
    yonex - voltric 80/zforce both in 4ug5,string v nanogy98 at 27lbs.
    victor - superwaves 36/37 ,BS LYD/MXJJS,tk8000(new 2013),bs11/12...
    LINING - n55ii flame(best for me) , n55,n50,n77ii...
    Kason - twister C7 OR F9(a bit flexy) ..
    Fischer - black granite in 4u...

These are the rackets that performed an outstanding performance during the time i owned them.hope it helps. and if u r looking for used rackets,i m selling.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...VT70-SP-version-mint-condition-for-RM680.(MY)

#2 DannyYan, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. rlky1990

rlky1990 Regular Member

thanks danny. will definitely look into it. cheers

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

grip size is totally dependent on how big your hand and fingers are. Danny, how do you know if g5 is a suitable size for rlky? Or is it just that you advise that size because you are selling rackets all in g5?

:mad:

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Danny, what is your current go to racket ?

6. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Rule of thumb for "most" (not all) of us is to get the head heavy and stiff racket. In general, the heavier head and stiffer shaft a racket has, the more potential it is. The strong professional players like TH/LCW/LD create most power with a very stiff, very head heavy racket, but again, it needs a powerful and explosive stroke which some of us probably don't have.

In the market, there are N90 (1st gen), N90ii and Zforce. Among those I have tried, I smash better using my Arc Z-Slash and N90 (1st gen) but some of my friends do better using the Zforce. I watched the Men's Double final of 2013 Malaysia Open where I spotted the Indonesian Muhammad Ahsan smashed incredibly powerful and steep using his NS9900 (if I saw it correctly) which is an even/almost head-light balance racket.

P.S. One of my seasoned badminton buddies is very well-known of his powerful jump smash which he always does with his 12+ years old Cab 21... Impressed ? LOL :D

#6 quixilver, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hi there,

These are your spec. as a player:

- Int - advance level
    - Plays double
    - Offensive style of play

For such preference of play, the suitable racket for you prefab ably will be with such specification:

Balance point : Head heavy
    Flexibility : Stiff to extra stiff
    Weight : Preferably 4U

At your level and an offensive style of play, i assume that you have the arm strength to wield a head heavy and stiffer racket to facilitate the power generated in all your swings and thus your smash. A head heavy racket can facilitate the downward force in your swings and this will help to add the kinetic properties into your smash. Having also the strength to do this, your fast arm swings will further be synchronized with the timing from your hit and racket head contact as the stiff shaft moves as 1 unit with your racket head while you're swinging.

Since you're playing double, using a light weight i.e 4U will give some easiness in your swings thus maneuverability and this is important if your playing double since you will be engaging in many fast, short type of hits.

IMHO, even you're an offensive type of player and you think that you have the physical strength in your arm to use such above specifications, since you're playing double, whatever racket that you might use and if that racket is able to give you a satisfactory performance in your offensive department, such racket also must be able to deliver a same satisfactory results in your defensive and control department as well. A Head heavy racket most likely will not but if you can while using it then, that's the specification that suits you well. However, if the later 2 does not deliver satisfactory results and you're struggling to defend and control while playing double then most likely you should use a head balance racket instead.

There are a lot of racket that comes with the above spec. and few been mentioned here already. Your budget also plays an important part since if you're thinking to buy a rm 200 ++ racket then you can' afford to buy the high end product from Yonex and Li Ning.

SS

8. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    agreed agreed agreed

9. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Vt80 and mx jjs

10. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    I m just saying dude,cheers. I said these rackets performed well for me,I m saying g5 is good for me...and that is only once I typed it...anything else?

11. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    u can always pm me if u need any help,cheers

12. rlky1990

rlky1990 Regular Member

thanks guys for all the great advices/opinions. i got myself the z force. and i got to find out that its rather too heavy and too stiff for me and my smashes were not as strong as last time. i guess it doesnt suit me.

but i heard that the z force limited version is lighter and more flexible. any comment on this model? and also victor BS12, whats the reviews like?

13. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I have both the standard (black/white/green) and 2012 limited (white/gold/purple) version, both are 3U-G5. They are quite identical and I haven't noticed any significant difference between those two in terms of weight and stiffness. I haven't tried the 88LTD version but I assume it would be just another paint job.

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Having own them both. In my opinion VTZF LTD is a little bit stiffer.

15. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    rlky, ur vtzf what spec. 4u or 3u?

16. rlky1990

rlky1990 Regular Member

its a 4U joekruger

17. rlky1990

rlky1990 Regular Member

thanks licin and quixilver. i guess ill drop the thought of owning a voltric series racquet since it doesnt suit me.

anyone used the Victor BS12 before?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

given your level, i'm really surprised that you don't get more smash power out of the 4u vtzf ...

you musta have been using a 2U vtzf or at700 before? ;)

19. Joekruger

Joekruger Regular Member

-
    Im just about to buy vtzf, how can ur smash become slower with that racket, seem weird.