Yonex BG65P (P = Power) Review?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BobbyGeneric, Oct 28, 2003.

1. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    I'm just wondering if anyone has tried out this string yet? According to the Yonex JP website it seems like serveral pros already use it, although it also seems as though it's not widely available outside of Japan.

In any case I should be getting some of this in a couple of weeks to give it a try, I'm interested to know what it'll be like!

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes, I have been using it for the last few weeks. It is a long lasting string.

Seems to have a little less elasticity in the strings i.e. feels a little stiffer compared to BG65 regular at my normal tension.

I did play with plastic shuttles with the string whilst in California. Yonex Mavis.....and it was pretty good for those.

3. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day,

I've been lucky enough to use this string for awhile thanks to a friend who brought a few pack back from land of Godzilla. As Cheung said, the string feels stiffer than standard BG65 and it lasted well.

Unfortunately I don't like the string.... :rolleyes:

4. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    thanks for the replies! so what effect did the string "stiffness" have on your game? if i think of what "stiff" string means to me, it usually means cheap string that won't break! is that at all what this string may be like?