Online YONEX SPORTS WEAR 2013 S/S catalogue

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by demolidor, Jan 23, 2013.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

untitled.JPG

http://www.yonex.co.jp/products/catalog/book/book1457/#page=1

New national team wear included in the Sports Wear catalogue, including Japan which we have already seen them wear in the past tournaments :cool:. One of my favorites so far is the one also worn on the cover here [​IMG].
    Full 2013 Badminton catalogue is out as well and for a change does include their latest rackets ARC11 and ARCFB [​IMG] (unless than means something else is still in store for AE :p). LCW gracing the cover again in the same outfit as last year but in full colour and different shot.

#1 demolidor, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    There are a few exceptions, but I'm a bit disappointed by Yonex lately: boring, plain, old-fashioned apparel. Business chique in my humble opinion. The Team Japan wear is definitely something different (in a good way, although their 2012 pre-Olympic wear was my favorite with the red/white arrows), or the polo-shirt with the lightning strikes (as worn by Lee Chong Wei during the Malaysia Open)

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes it is more plain every year now [​IMG]. The LCW one is from the 2012 Fall & Winter catalogue already, obviously it wasn't pretty enough to get noticed until LCW started wearing it [​IMG]. If you get the yellow one you can pretend to be Pikachu if you put on some ears as well [​IMG].

4. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Agreed. Loss of creativity? Super plain boring compared to previous years.
    The same applies to shoes design also.

5. shineauks

shineauks New Member

SEO
    yeah, agree with you,If you get the yellow one you can pretend to be Pikachu if you put on some ears as well [​IMG]

6. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Maybe Yonex is trying to let the shirts look more luxury and more prestige with the plain looks.
    If they are really trying to do this way, I also have to say: Yonex, you fail with that and you're boring.

7. LinDanTruCool

LinDanTruCool Regular Member

Purchaser
    I think Yonex new design try to be on par with tennis series. To suit not only Asian but European taste as well as mostly European players will wear them on court.
    My Favorite designs: 10108, 10109 (cover photo), 10090, Japan new team wear, 10096(red/white only), 12062 (lightning bolt/thunder w Hawaii feel), 10106 (Blue/Green only), 10089. Funny that 10055 & 10056 still selling after being featured in few past catalogs. Much due to its plain design. Its a risk that they try simple design.

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    As a Yonex endorsee, i am very disappointed in the new range for 2013. It seems that variation of design is the in thing with Yonex rather than creating great shirt designs which they have historically done.

I do wonder what is happening at Yonex because they are not wowing us and bringing out designs we all want to be wearing. The design team has either a new brief based on minimum change or the best designers have left because they are falling so far behind some of the competition.

Victor seems to have a far better design team at the moment.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Don't think you have to worry about what's in this catalogue as it is for the Japanese market ;) (though the sponsored players on tour will be supplied with these). Some replica versions might make it's way to South East Asia at more affordable prices but these are not the designs for the international lineup (which will be even more bland as usual [​IMG], though a few are similar, namely the tennis ones and those marketed as national team wear for Denmark, Germany, Indonesia and Malaysia in this Japanese online catalogue)
    It has taken Victor Europe long enough to let some Asian designs slip through as well and even then in limited numbers/designs/colours ...

#9 demolidor, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Though I'd post the rest of the 2013-2014 EX wear here (aside from those in the national team wear thread and the local wear models).

Worn by the winning Team Germany at the European Mixed Team Championship:
    [​IMG]

Alternate colour:
    [​IMG]

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Worn by Viktor Axelsen at the Danish national championships:
    [​IMG]

Alternate colour:
    [​IMG]

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Also worn by Team Germany at the 2013 EMTC:
    [​IMG]

Alternate colour worn by Team Belgium and Norway:
    [​IMG]

... Navy Blue model in post #10 worn by Czech Republic, Black model also worn by Estonia ...

#12 demolidor, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013