Should I go for MX-JJS or MX-London ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by quixilver, Jan 24, 2013.

1. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Hi guys, I'm thinking to buy a new rackets and it's either MX-JJS or MX-London.
    I've played with MX-80 and I think it was too stiff for me to handle, especially when I do net lifts. I've read some posts mentioned both MX-JJS and MX-London are not as stiff as MX-80 by a fraction but they are made of different materials. MX-JJS has a built-in Graphene while the MX-London with Hybrid Composite + NANO Resin frame.

Anyone care to share some advice based on your personal experience or comparison ?

For your consideration, I play 2-3 times a week (if schedule allows) at the intermediate level and mostly are double games. I consider myself as an all-rounder player by controlling the rallies through placements and smashes equally.

Thanks in advance !

2. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Never tried both of them. But a local store here once recommended me MX-JJS. The owner said that MX-JJS has been one of the store's best selling. Many of their customers are satisfied with MX-JJS. But mind also the the price factor may also count. Hope it helps a little.

3. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Hi amaranth, do you know how much do they sell the MX-JJS in Jakarta ? The MX-London is considerably more expensive but the shop owner told me, it costs what it's worth as the racket is made of higher quality materials.
    I heard the BS-LYD is very popular also in Jakarta.

4. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Last time I check, MX-JJS (racket only) sold at IDR 1.700.000, or about SGD 217. Asides from higher quality materials, MX London also comes with fancy hard-case etc. But I noticed the specs (Head Heavy and Stiffness indicator on the cone) is the same as MX-JJS'.

5. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

The price is around the same here but since the SGD rate is getting higher I think I'd better buy the racket in Jakarta. E-Link shop in Singapore sell the MX-London around $250 for the racket only without the fancy package. I'm considering to buy one for my collection since the racket looks damn pretty !

6. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Go for it then..:) Btw, from another thread I noticed you're selling your Li-Ning n80.. Isn't it such a good racket? powerful and fast..?

7. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Yes, indeed, it is but I have the N90 with more packs of punch. However, there's a drawback too. The N90's head weight and stiffness pull my wrist down too much more than other rackets do, especially when I execute backhand shots with more wrist movements. After a few fast rallies I can feel my wrist gets fatigue and the shots after get even harder. Hence, I use the N90 mainly for single or slower-double games, and the Arc10 Premium for the faster ones. My friend told me, the BS-LYD and MX-JJS are designed for double games and they are so-called the enhanced version of Arc10 with more power and faster, until the MX-London comes into the picture with its glittering appearance and makes me confused... Decisions !!! :D

8. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    its the same specs as the mx80.

9. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

I see.. so from your description, it seems like n80 should be somewhere between n90 and arc10 then? How do you compare arc10 vs. n80 in speed? which one has faster maneuverability? Oh..and for your confusion, just buy them all :D there, problem solved ..LoL..

Which one? MX-JJS' spec is not the same as MX80. While MX80 is super stiff (5/5), MS-JJS is considered stiff (4/5)

10. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Well, I can say that the Arc 10 Premium is by far my most comfortable racket to play with. It is very easy to control ("lebih nurut") but somehow I feel like it lacks of power when I go for full smash. In terms of speed, I think Arc 10 and N80 are pretty much the same but having a stiffer frame, N80 has less whipping/catapult effect when you need to return smashes or net lifts.
    MX80 on the other hand, is the stiffest racket I have ever played and I couldn't really get used to it until I gave up and sold it after I intensely tried to play with it for 3 months.

11. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Personally find MX-JJS easier to maneouvre compared to mx-london.....but i didnt really get to try MX-london for long period, only tested 1 game but didnt like the feel of it...but having said that, JJS is also a pretty stiff racquet with good power, but with prolonged usage, my shoulder and elbow starts to get some pain nowadays....MX60 suit me best so far, but juz prefer the MX-JJS colour scheme :p

#11 Porky, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  12. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    the mx london

13. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Finally, I've got my MX-London strung with Li Ning AP62 @ 26lbs and gave it a try last night. It is still a stiff racket, just a tiny bit less stiff compared to MX80 but I can feel more feedback during the contact of the shuttle on the string bed. Better feeling to execute dropshots and netshots.
    The paint job is very good, one step better then any other Victor rackets I've seen, so I will use this racket only for singles on the rubber court :D

14. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Bravo..congratz! I think it's a wise decision to use it only for single AND on the rubber court.. As for me, I decided to purchase Li-Ning n80. But haven't strung it yet :)

15. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Congratz for you too... Hope the N80 will suit you very well !
    I recommend the Li Ning AP62 (not AP62 Plus) for the delightful repulsion and feedback but please be prepared to spend more $$$ too as it snaps very easily once you smash off-center... Last time I strung my N80 @ 27lbs and I think it was a perfect tension until I realized it was too expensive to spend two sets of string for a badminton session :(

16. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

^^ Thanks for your suggestion. I'll check the AP62 out

17. ne_bad_minton

ne_bad_minton Regular Member

engineer
    How about compare MX JJS and TK8000? Anyone tried both racquet plz give feedback on the stiffness, balance, smash power and maneuverability.

18. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I'd love to see a comparison between those as well.