Dive injuries - knee wounds

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Accordaz, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Do you dive a lot too?
    Sometimes you do it because you're on fire. Sometimes it’s because you’re too late or too lazy to get in position.
    But what do you do to prevent these dive injuries?

Of course not every dive ends with an abrasion(?). But it happens too often for my taste.
    I think I already know how to dive:
    Dive, stretch your whole body (especially your abs / sixpack and both arms), use your wrist in the almost last moment to play short or long, land with your both hands while keeping the whole body tension. If there was enough time to do a proper dive, mostly I land on tiptoes of both feets which allows me to get up pretty fast.

They key is tension the body and keep the tension. The tension during the landing phase, which is very short :D, has to be focussed on your hands and on your feets because they are the first body parts which are landing on the court.
    If there’s something missing, let me know.

But if it’s not the technique, how else to prevent such injuries? Do you use tapes? Or knee protection (similar as volleyball players)?
    What do you do after dive injuries? Do you stop diving? Do you use any special tapes? Or are there any special gels for knees to prevent knee wounds?

(Excuse me if there are any english mistakes. Do not hesitate to correct me :))

#1 Accordaz, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

why are you worried about knee scrapes if only your toes and hands touch the court? ;) :p

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    When I saw an uncle wearing volleyball kneepads while playing baddy, I knew he was a diver :D.

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Because I already have several knee wounds caused by dives ;-/
    I'm not always able to make a proper dive in time. Sometimes they are executed too late. Therefore sometimes I scrape the knee(s) during the landing.

From the recent matches and trainings I got 3 (!) knee wounds after diving too late.

5. Mike1337

Mike1337 Regular Member

Perhaps you should stop diving and leave it to the professional footballers.