Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    3 t'ments in 3 weeks!
    slave driver!!!
    Yeah friend, I've lost my mind. One moment I don't expect much from him, the next I'm a hard taskmaster and slave driver, how contradictory!.

Maybe, how about German Open followed by All England, then later AUS Open? The three tourneys should help to spruce him up for the Sudirman Cup in May as the best way to regain his competitive edge, not just for the World Championship? And since he is in AUS, might as well hop over to NZ for the GP.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australian Open in April is an option though.
    May be he can even hop over to NZ GP the week other.

If by the time he is match fit, the 7000 + 5000 should be an easy picking.

but for what? just to let CJ and WZM know that he is not taking their places?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Yeah friend, I've lost my mind. One moment I don't expect much from him, the next I'm a hard taskmaster and slave driver, how contradictory!.

Maybe, how about German Open followed by All England, then later AUS Open? The three tourneys should help to spruce him up for the Sudirman Cup in May as the best way to regain his competitive edge, not just for the World Championship? And since he is in AUS, might as well hop over to NZ for the GP.
    great minds think alike and all that

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australian Open in April is an option though.
    May be he can even hop over to NZ GP the week other.

If by the time he is match fit, the 7000 + 5000 should be an easy picking.

but for what? just to let CJ and WZM know that he is not taking their places?
    Yeah,I'd like to see WZM esp or CJ play the WC, why deny either one a spot when Lin Dan can make it on his own? In some other sports, the defending champion has automatic qualification; for chess, the world champ simply waits for the final challenger to emerge without having to play round after round.

If I were Lee CW or Chen Long, I'd much prefer to have Lin Dan playing in the WC to lend the title more legitimacy regardless whether I get to meet Lin Dan or not. Just like Chen Jin winning the 2010 WC despite not playing LD and LCW who were unexpectedly knocked out in the QFs by their respective opponents; at least nobody could retort or belittle his achievement by saying 'that's because Lin Dan didn't play'.

Oh, btw, glad to hear Lee Hyun-Il is coming back, may he play in the WC too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great minds think alike and all that
    Right on, the compliment is mutual.

I'm pretty sure both AUS and NZ would love to have Lin Dan playing there, the publicity generated, the uplifting of the tournament status, the boost it gives to promoting the sport in their countries, and so on and so forth. Will be especially good for AUS when it's already due for SS status in 2014. Hope to see it materialized.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, topic itself looks weird..!!! Sorry to indulge . No other way.. By 2103, more than 5 generations of LinDan family would have crossed... I mean grandgrandgrand children of LinDan's son...!!! First somebody need to ask in order to change the title ... TO 2013 ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    First of all, topic itself looks weird..!!! Sorry to indulge . No other way.. By 2103, more than 5 generations of LinDan family would have crossed... I mean grandgrandgrand children of LinDan's son...!!! First somebody need to ask in order to change the title ... TO 2013 ....
    Please do some reading before you post anything. It's already stated that the title couldn't be amended in the 1st page of the thread. Cheers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorpion, pls read the 1st page. AlanY tried correctly the title but couldnt, I think the 15 min was up. So AlanY already posted asking the mods to change it, now only the mods can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan will not compete in the All England this year, his name has been withdrawn from the M&Q list.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Lin Dan will not compete in the All England this year, his name has been withdrawn from the M&Q list.
    I noticed that too, don't know what's going on, no confirmation of his final decision yet. Neither did he register for the German Open. Problem is if he really skipped the AE and not taking part in the German Open and Swiss Open as well it seems, how is he going to qualify for the WC?

In fact, I was thinking at first, if his leave expires in end Feb and then he returns to the national squad for intensive systematic training, there is simply insufficient time for him to prepare for the AE in March. Haiz.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he really withdrawn already? i give up on him now. haiz.

say good bye to WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry, LYB will make sure LD in WC la...................lots of things he can do la...!! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finals:

lindan Vs LCW

just one more time..before they retire : pray :

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this guy is preparing himself to be fit again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any of you seen this? I've never heard of any such difference in rules. If China is guaranteed of 3 spots, then why would it say 'they can select any three players based on the order of the world rankings'? I mean, if they can indeed select 'any three', and Lin Dan can be among them even though he will not be in the top 24, then that implies the selection would not be 'based on the order of the world rankings'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ yeah, that rule has always applied I thought. It's a matter of getting players into the ranking spaces, then choosing which ones you want to take.

Malaysia did this when they didn't select Gan/Tan and chose Hoon/Zakry instead...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I guess I just assumed that Hoon/Zakry's spot was freed up with the no's from Malaysia and others. If that is true, then I guess it doesn't really matter that Lin Dan isn't going to enter a single tournament between the Olympics and May 1st. China can just put 4 other guys in the top 24 and then chop 2 off and insert Lin Dan, even if he is ranked 53rd by then.
    Last edited by event; 03-13-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Have any of you seen this? I've never heard of any such difference in rules. If China is guaranteed of 3 spots, then why would it say 'they can select any three players based on the order of the world rankings'? I mean, if they can indeed select 'any three', and Lin Dan can be among them even though he will not be in the top 24, then that implies the selection would not be 'based on the order of the world rankings'.
    the rules regarding qualification are clear,
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=422679&tid=1

but the article in thestar are full of errors/misinformation!
    China can only field 3 players with Lin Dan if he stays above rank 24 by the end of qualification.

if LD drop to 25 say in April and China can only enter 2 players to include him, i.e. 2 instead of 3 entries.
    Last edited by AlanY; 03-13-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast