User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,477
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Chinese women’s singles and the world championship qualification

    The question is can China achieve the maximum 4 players for the 2013 WC?
    The rule regarding the total number of players from any member association;

    Players / pairs ranked Total number of players / pairs from any one Member
    on eligibility date Association in that event shall not exceed
    1 to 8 4
    9 to 24 3
    25 to 150 2

    The current WS ranking (24/01/2013) with points since 3rd May 2012 is;

    Rank Points
    1 LI Xuerui 83376.7
    2 Juliane SCHENK 69060
    3 Saina NEHWAL 68620
    4 SUNG Ji Hyun 63971.4
    5 WANG Yihan 61492.7
    6 WANG Shixian 57522.1
    7 Tine BAUN 57389.5
    8 Ratchanok INTANON 55904.8
    9 Minatsu MITANI 50696.5
    10 Porntip BURANAPRASERTSUK 49547.3
    11 Eriko HIROSE 46274.3
    12 HAN Li 44830
    13 TAI Tzu Ying 44683.3
    14 P. V. Sindhu 42150
    15 Busanan ONGBUMRUNGPAN 41990
    16 JIANG Yanjiao 39320
    17 Juan GU 37350
    18 BAE Yeon Ju 36776.7

    Between now and the end of April we have;

    Winner Runner up 3/4
    German GP Gold 7000 5950 4900
    All England Premier 11000 9350 7700
    Swiss GP Gold 7000 5950 4900
    Australian GP Gold 7000 5950 4900

    Note - India 2013 SS finishes just outside the qualification period.

    On paper both HAN Li and JIANG Yanjiao can still get enough points to the top 8, though unlikely.
    We might see a good turn up at the Australian GP this year, can't be bad to prepare for the SS year after.

    If they both failed but managed to stay within the top 24 by the end of April then China will have to decide which 3 to send to the WC.

    My vote go to Li Xuerui, Wang Yihan and hopefully Han Li.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,197
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    The question is can China achieve the maximum 4 players for the 2013 WC?
    The rule regarding the total number of players from any member association;

    Players / pairs ranked Total number of players / pairs from any one Member
    on eligibility date Association in that event shall not exceed
    1 to 8 4
    9 to 24 3
    25 to 150 2


    The current WS ranking (24/01/2013) with points since 3rd May 2012 is;

    Rank Points
    1 LI Xuerui 83376.7
    2 Juliane SCHENK 69060
    3 Saina NEHWAL 68620
    4 SUNG Ji Hyun 63971.4
    5 WANG Yihan 61492.7
    6 WANG Shixian 57522.1
    7 Tine BAUN 57389.5
    8 Ratchanok INTANON 55904.8
    9 Minatsu MITANI 50696.5
    10 Porntip BURANAPRASERTSUK 49547.3
    11 Eriko HIROSE 46274.3
    12 HAN Li 44830
    13 TAI Tzu Ying 44683.3
    14 P. V. Sindhu 42150
    15 Busanan ONGBUMRUNGPAN 41990
    16 JIANG Yanjiao 39320
    17 Juan GU 37350
    18 BAE Yeon Ju 36776.7


    Between now and the end of April we have;

    Winner Runner up 3/4
    German GP Gold 7000 5950 4900
    All England Premier 11000 9350 7700
    Swiss GP Gold 7000 5950 4900
    Australian GP Gold 7000 5950 4900


    Note - India 2013 SS finishes just outside the qualification period.

    On paper both HAN Li and JIANG Yanjiao can still get enough points to the top 8, though unlikely.
    We might see a good turn up at the Australian GP this year, can't be bad to prepare for the SS year after.

    If they both failed but managed to stay within the top 24 by the end of April then China will have to decide which 3 to send to the WC.

    My vote go to Li Xuerui, Wang Yihan and hopefully Han Li.
    Sorry to interupt... Top 24??.. I thought only top 20 will be eligible for WC???

  3. #3
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,477
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Sorry to interupt... Top 24??.. I thought only top 20 will be eligible for WC???
    there you go

    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=422679&tid=1

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,197
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Hey.. Thanks man....

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,644
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's easy decision to LYB if WX is not in the picture. I doubt if LYB will ever pick Han Li instead of WSX.

  6. #6
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,948
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    how i miss Wang Xin!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,477
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    how i miss Wang Xin!!
    well, aren't we all!
    unfortunately, she is out of the picture as far as this WC is concerned

  8. #8
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,477
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    latest qualification points for the 2013 WC (with minor corrections for Han Li et al);

    Points
    1 LI Xuerui 83377
    2 Saina NEHWAL 73370
    3 Juliane SCHENK 69060
    4 SUNG Ji Hyun 63971
    5 WANG Yihan 61493
    6 Tine BAUN 58109
    7 WANG Shixian 57522
    8 Ratchanok INTANON 55905
    9 Minatsu MITANI 53516
    10 TAI Tzu Ying 51663
    11 Porntip BURANAPRASERTSUK 49547
    12 Eriko HIROSE 46274
    13 BAE Yeon Ju 43197
    14 P. V. Sindhu 42150
    15 Busanan ONGBUMRUNGPAN 41990
    16 Sapsiree TAERATTANACHAI 40050
    17 JIANG Yanjiao 39320
    18 Lindaweni FANETRI 39045
    19 Juan GU 37350
    20 Nozomi OKUHARA 37140
    21 YIP Pui Yin 36850
    22 Aprilla YUSWANDARI 35710
    23 Petya NEDELCHEVA 34640
    24 PAI Hsiao Ma 34581
    25 Adrianti FIRDASARI 34366
    26 Nichaon JINDAPON 34058
    27 HAN Li 33980
    28 YAO Jie 33409
    29 CHAN Tsz Ka 30900
    30 CHEN Xiao Jia 27860
    31 Sayaka TAKAHASHI 25360
    32 Carolina MARIN 24430
    33 Sayaka SATO 19961
    34 CHENG Shao Chieh 19720
    35 Ai GOTO 9436

  9. #9
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,477
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    China now has the full quota of 4 WS;
    LI Xuerui, WANG Yihan, WANG Shixian and JIANG Yanjiao.

    Also, Zhang Ning is back with the team to prepare them for the WC in August.

    Name:  110537li01s61xx1ni10kx.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  40.8 KB

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,748
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    China now has the full quota of 4 WS;
    LI Xuerui, WANG Yihan, WANG Shixian and JIANG Yanjiao.

    Also, Zhang Ning is back with the team to prepare them for the WC in August.

    Name:  110537li01s61xx1ni10kx.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  40.8 KB
    Good to hear Zhang Ning's back which should give a psychological boost to the CHN WS squad. Btw, mind giving your source of info? Thanks.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Good to hear Zhang Ning's back which should give a psychological boost to the CHN WS squad. Btw, mind giving your source of info? Thanks.
    http://e.weibo.com/3082403363/zDneWD...%3D1%26wvr%3D5


    sina weibo

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,826
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Good to hear Zhang Ning's back which should give a psychological boost to the CHN WS squad. Btw, mind giving your source of info? Thanks.
    Good news for China then after shaky performance started early this year until Li XR & Wang YH won 1 SSP and 1 SS title respectively last month.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm so glad to hear that ZN is back!! WS needs her, look at the poor result china WS showed when she's not around.. I miss her! She was my fav WS player when she was playing. She's the reason i pay more attention to WS

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indonesia-Singapore
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The big sister is back O.o
    Be wary ROW

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,826
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CHN WS is unstoppable to capture WC title since 2001 edition, will they still continue the domination?
    Camilla Martin is the last non CHN WS player who won title in Copenhagen 1999.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    CHN WS is unstoppable to capture WC title since 2001 edition, will they still continue the domination?
    Camilla Martin is the last non CHN WS player who won title in Copenhagen 1999.
    And she is the second player who won WS world champion since 1983. China onlly lost WS two times since 1983.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    CHN WS is unstoppable to capture WC title since 2001 edition, will they still continue the domination?
    yes they can

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •