User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any placese to play in Harrisburg Pennsylvania?

Hey guys!
    I am a 19 years old and I really want to get serious about badminton like entering tournaments and stuff.. But I do not know where to play! I live by Harrisburg Pennsylvania. DO you guys know a place where I can go play and possibly enter tournaments? please reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you get any information or response, I would like to join too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have been looking for a place to play badminton in the Harrisburg, PA area and was wondering if we could start our own club here. When I lived in Minnesota, there were several such groups I was a member of that would reserve time one or two nights a week in a High School gym or Recreation Center. We would set up 3 or 4 badminton nets using the volleyball mounts and play for a few hours. Carlisle used to have a group but I think the person who ran that group moved out of state several years ago and the group no longer exists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool I'm also interested to Play here in Harrisburg

Hi All,
    I'm from INDIA and i'm good player of badminton. I would like fill in my free time with this and i'm very intrested in in setting up a GROUP for that.

Please get beack to me if any one is intrested on ASAP basis.

Thank you......n play with you soon......!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, i'm 21 and i'm from Vietnam. Did you guys find out any place to play? I used to play badminton and got used to it very quick. I'm very interested in playing badminton but i haven't gotten any chance to play since i moved to the United States. As a newcomer i don't really know how everything works here, u guys think we can borrow or rent any place to set up a badminton court? Or we can just set up a court at someone's house that's big enough. Let's make a plan that will work for now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

It looks like we have enough players to start this. Now the count is 5 and if we take this seriously, i'm sure we can do something about this...like we can consult YMCA/Planet Fitness Center/LA Fitness Center with our requirement.

That will be great if we can get-2-gather n discuses further on this. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several places for badminton within the Harrisburg, PA area (e.g., E-town, Lebanon, York) --- more info on this website

https://sites.google.com/site/nguyen/Home/my-sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved to Harrisburg about 4 years back. I managed to find a place that's about 15 miles from Harrisburg (Elizabethtown), PA and its been good playing here for the last 4 years. We play on Friday evenings between 6 and 9, sometimes till 10:30 based on number of people who show up. We have only 2 courts but you will definitely get enough games for the night. If you are interested let me know, I will be happy to provide additional details.

If you have managed to bring up a club in Harrisburg itself, please share the info. Will be glad to be part of a local club in this wonderful game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved to Harrisburg a year ago for work, I haven't played Badminton in about 2 years. Looking to pick it up again. I went to PSU and played there once in a while but an hour and a half drive is a bit far just to play. (@ DRAGHUNA- E-town, isn't too far, would love to play with you guys if you can give me more info. I have my own racket, a bit out of shape but looking to possibly compete again so it would be nice to have people to practice with).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Biljana,

We play at Gears Community Center, the address is 70 South Poplar Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2150. The court is open from 6PM through 9PM Friday evenings. Anyone is welcome to play here. They have rackets as well as birdies if you dont have them. They charge a minimal fee of $5 for the night to play here. Hope this information helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my website https://sites.google.com/site/nguyen/Home/my-sports has information for places near HBG for badminton, including Etown, Lebanon, and York.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I just moved to York PA from CA. Does anyone know where to play? I'm a semi-pro player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am staying in Camp hill and having been looking to play. I use to play daily in India for the last couple of years. Let me know where you guys are playing and if can I join. Thanks - Mallik Varma

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved in Jan from CA to Harrisburg and looking place for badminton , does any know playing in this area ? let me know plz.
    I would love to play.