User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default you are very very young!

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    she arent youngster if she same age with me.
    you are very very young!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Yao Xue winning her first title, the MAS GPG' 14.

I can't help but feel that Yao Xue has some similarities to LXR, just as decisive and aggressive in attack - in fact, YX's smashes is even more lethal - but also equally prone to errors as well as having the tendency to suffer from once-too-often lapses of concentration (brain-fades).

Generally, it's true that attacking players are more inclined to commit errors but the really good ones should be able to keep it to the minimum. At risk of sounding cliche, both LXR and Yao Xue are their own worst enemies. LXR must overcome this shortcoming if she is to become a truly great player and Yao Xue, who has shown some improvement in this aspect, has to do more to rise among the top few in the world (too early for me to say whether she has what it takes to become a great player, let's take it one step at a time for YX).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    she needs a new haircut and to smile a bit more!
    haha, why so serious!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    both LXR and Yao Xue are their own worst enemies
    Can't agree with this one. Other than that monumental lapse at the WC, LXR has only injuries as her enemies.

The Malaysia GPG Final went as expected. Adrianti Firdasari was a non-factor. It was up to Yao Xue to win or lose. Adrianti Firdasari probably did not expect to go so deep into the draw and had nothing left to test Yao Xue beyond the first half of the first game.

While Yao Xue has improved in her techniques and physicality, her mental state remains rather suspect. She has a pretty good draw at the upcoming India Open. Let's see if she can make the best of that opportunity to shred her demons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation Yao Xue
    It's first title of her career. Another Chinese stars has come.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    Can't agree with this one. Other than that monumental lapse at the WC, LXR has only injuries as her enemies.

The Malaysia GPG Final went as expected. Adrianti Firdasari was a non-factor. It was up to Yao Xue to win or lose. Adrianti Firdasari probably did not expect to go so deep into the draw and had nothing left to test Yao Xue beyond the first half of the first game.

While Yao Xue has improved in her techniques and physicality, her mental state remains rather suspect. She has a pretty good draw at the upcoming India Open. Let's see if she can make the best of that opportunity to shred her demons.
    I wish I could agree with you on LXR and concede that I was wrong about her but, honestly, I'm very uncomfortable with her rate of unforced errors which is a significant shortcoming for any top , not to mention great,player. IMHO, she is more error-prone than her compatriots Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian on average, and if I were to compare her with Lin Dan, Lee CW or Chen Long, she would fare even worse.

I really hope Chen Jin can help LXR cut down those simple mistakes and loose shots, as much as possible play every shot confidently and improve on her accuracy. As for her mental strength, only she can help herself as she matures and accumulates experience over time. Let's see what valuable lessons she has learnt from that the WC debacle which, in the positive sense, could stand her in good stead in future, esp in major championships.

Back to Yao Xue. For the IND Open SS next week, she is up against Tai TY in R1, then she is likely to meet her teammate Liu Xin who should qualify and progress to R2, after that she is slated to face off LXR in the semifinal now that Intanon R, her probable QF opponent, has withdrawn - not exactly a good draw for her, I should say. Nonetheless, if she can progress to the semifinal and give LXR a run for her money, that'll be quite an achievement, proof that she is on the verge of a breakthrough.

To me, Yao Xue , Sun Yu and Liu Xin are good enough to be in the top 10, it's just that CBA doesn't give them sufficient tourneys to garner the necessary ranking points which compounds the problem as they are often drawn to meet their top compatriots in the early rounds and face higher risk of elimination.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be it LXR losing in WC2013 or WYH losing in Uber Cup 2010, there is one common factor: Zhang Ning.

Thank goodness LYB had finally realised his mistake a few months ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEVxAS7HsUQ

Interesting video of xue yao playing mixed doubles against lee yong dae. She's pretty good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post

Interesting video of xue yao playing mixed doubles against lee yong dae. She's pretty good.
    Two things are odd:

Despite trailing badly all the way, she finds it all highly amusing!
    Song Zongyao is wearing a T-shirt borrowed from Tian Houwei!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post

Good find! That was the time that half of the Chinese team could not go due to Visa problems. Cheng Shu was the only WD player on the team and she partnered with Sun Yu for WD.

Given the situation, they probably had a good laugh. And that's why Yao Xue was so relaxed.

PS: Yao Xue had her knee brace on the right knee. It was on her left knee at Malaysia GPG.
    Last edited by RedShuttle; 03-31-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    Good find! That was the time that half of the Chinese team could not go due to Visa problems. Cheng Shu was the only WD player on the team and she partnered with Sun Yu for WD.

Given the situation, they probably had a good laugh. And that's why Yao Xue was so relaxed.

PS: Yao Xue had her knee brace on the right knee. It was on her left knee at Malaysia GPG.
    Why did the China team have problems with VISA then?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Why did the China team have problems with VISA then?
    No idea. The official release says "due to all kinds of problems".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2