Reccomend me a racket please!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kadafi39, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kadafi39

kadafi39 Regular Member

I have recently started playing badminton after stopping for about 10 years! When i was aged 12-16 i was fairly good and an intermediate player. I am currently using a carlton power trail tour which is a racket most on here will laught at! But i dont find it too bad! i just broke the strings from smashing and instead of restringing i would rather buy a racket that i can keep for a long time now.
    I have very good strength and my strong point is smashes! in golf i have a very fast swing speed too so my swing speed is quite high, am i right in thinking i would be better suited to a stiff shaft? Could anyone please reccomend some rackets which would suit me? less than £100 please or 150 USD! Thank you...

2. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

If you have found the racket working for you, why spend more? There are always newer and more expensive rackets, if not better. Just restring it with different strings or lbs and have fun. And even if you bought a new racket, it is still a good idea to have backup.

3. kadafi39

kadafi39 Regular Member

Purely because of the cost wlachan, i bought the racket for £30 and the racket shop in leicester told me £26 to restring with BGN95 :eek:

4. kadafi39

kadafi39 Regular Member

Ive noticed some frames are made from carbon and japanese HM carbon while others are graphite? am i right in thinking carbon frames and shaft is better than graphite?

5. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

The cost to restring would be the same regardless of the racket. Personally if the racket is full carbon (not aluminium head + carbon shaft), I would have it restrung. Maybe you can try some less expensive string if you have found it too costly. My favour is BG85 but it is not known for long lasting. BG65 last forever but feels quite dull. Like I said, even if you bought a new one, you still need a backup racket because strings break. I couldn't care less what others said about my rackets so long as they work for me. You prove your worthiness with your skill, not your tools. Carbon and graphite are same.

#5 wlachan, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Let me know if you want 1 or 2 more Carlton power trail tour rackets, my friend has 2 in his bag that he doesn't use anymore so I could ask if he want to sell them. £26 for a restring is very expensive, you can usually get for around £15 in small sports stores or ask for a local stringer on here.

7. Baddybrad

Baddybrad New Member

I am sort of beginner too, and new to badminton central too. Kinda seen a few Web selling baddy equiments. Looking at badmintonbay.com. Might try a model there.. Good luck!

8. kadafi39

kadafi39 Regular Member

Thanks for the offer Dave, but i have found someone that will restring it for me for £17 with nbg95, thanks for the replies and help.