User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How much does it cost to build a indoor badminton court? (roughly)

    I'm just curious what the general costs are, not specific, but a general range, like $5 thousand etc.

    I'm talking like maybe getting an old warehouse and making adjustments.

  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    location? size? courts? etc. etc.

    it can be up to hundred of millions if you decide to build a 20 courts facility in the middle of NYC/Tokyo/HK, or just a few thousands dollar if you just build one court in the middle of nowhere in China.

    no one can tell u unless you give more specifics.

  3. #3
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    be fair, he did say a badminton court.
    but with a ? as location, it's really a million dollars question.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have no idea but if I ever win a large enough lottery, I may start up a badminton facility.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a small town in BC, and I just wanted to know the estimate price of let's say like 3 courts. I would have to rent out the space or buy it, maybe if its an old warehouse it could work out. My main goal is just to practice, it's really hard finding places to practice here. Hell, even just like one indoor court in my backyard would be sufficient, it's just hard cuz it's outdoor, and that's not very competitive at all.

    Building a small place like that with 3 courts, would that cost more than 20k ?

  6. #6
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,203
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cheaper and easier to just rent the local school gym or community centre.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Cheaper and easier to just rent the local school gym or community centre.
    True, but where I live I'm only getting about 10 hours a week of practice, I wanted to get more.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I saw one here in the philippines , a whole gym , 6 taraflex courts . the owner is selling it for $18 000

  9. #9
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bSM45 View Post
    It's a small town in BC, and I just wanted to know the estimate price of let's say like 3 courts. I would have to rent out the space or buy it, maybe if its an old warehouse it could work out. My main goal is just to practice, it's really hard finding places to practice here. Hell, even just like one indoor court in my backyard would be sufficient, it's just hard cuz it's outdoor, and that's not very competitive at all.

    Building a small place like that with 3 courts, would that cost more than 20k ?
    If you are just renting out a space/wharehouse for yourself to train then depending on the existing flooring you can buy a badminton floor mat for $4500us + rent/rates of building, if the lighting is sufficient, hey presto!

    If it is just for you to practice why do you need 3 courts?

    If you are opening to the public that is a whole other story. Depending on your local laws you may have to spend a lot on facilities/safety/insurance/staff etc, This is impossible to price without knowing the exact set up of property that you would choose and a lot of specifics.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bbbb
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3K,in Taiwan.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you really want to build a new badminton hall, have a read of the Design Guidance Note over at Badminton England

    http://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/te...s#.Unae8I1FBhF

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    If you really want to build a new badminton hall, have a read of the Design Guidance Note over at Badminton England

    http://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/te...s#.Unae8I1FBhF
    I always dreamt of having an indoor Badminton court behind my garden, if only I could win the Lottery. I know renting a local court is cheaper, but the sheer conveniance and use it anytime you like, can't beaten. Friends can come round for a game, which can spill over till 12 midnight! relatives can try it out , all free and no need to book a court, where I live, courts are in high demand, damn Badminton is too popular! Rest of the family members no need to visit Gym, just play Badminton in your backyard to get fit.

  13. #13
    Regular Member bad-vancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    be fair, he did say a badminton court.
    but with a ? as location, it's really a million dollars question.
    Mats with lines already painted on them, $3000 - $3500. Can get them from Black Knight or Victor. Yonex mats will set you back around $10,000. Then you need net posts, weighted portable ones from Victor will run you around $400 a set if memory serves me correctly. Or you can opt for the in ground net posts. Will run you around $700 which would include the net posts, coring out the concrete and a brass sleeve into the concrete to hold the posts.

    Hope that helps.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by London_Player View Post
    I always dreamt of having an indoor Badminton court behind my garden, if only I could win the Lottery. I know renting a local court is cheaper, but the sheer conveniance and use it anytime you like, can't beaten. Friends can come round for a game, which can spill over till 12 midnight! relatives can try it out , all free and no need to book a court, where I live, courts are in high demand, damn Badminton is too popular! Rest of the family members no need to visit Gym, just play Badminton in your backyard to get fit.
    Where I live I always drive down a road where there is a large house with a huge extension on the side, very tall.

    I'm pretty sure theres a large swimming pool in there, I always say to my pals when I drive past I'm gonna buy that house one day and put a badminton court in there.
    Court over pool any day : )

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Love this thread. Keep the dream alive.
    Downside is finding different worthy players to play against - your circle will shrink...

  16. #16
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimal View Post
    Where I live I always drive down a road where there is a large house with a huge extension on the side, very tall.

    I'm pretty sure theres a large swimming pool in there, I always say to my pals when I drive past I'm gonna buy that house one day and put a badminton court in there.
    Court over pool any day : )

    Why not just put in a retractable floor with a yonex mat layed on it, over the pool and have both.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK/KL
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=craigandy;2172783]Why not just put in a retractable floor with a yonex mat layed on it, over the pool and have both.


    Really fantastic idea!!

    Badminton to your heart's content followed by a nice dip and different stroke play with your XD partner/s afterwards!

    Alternatively useful for disposing of players we dislike eg those who refuse to compensate for breaking our racquets, by feeding them to the tiger sharks below. Siamese cat in one's arms to stroke is optional...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •