User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default End specs of Rackets

    We all hear about the factory specs of rackets measured with or without factory grips/string etc etc.

    I was interested in finding the specs of peoples rackets that actually get used on court whilst playing, so your grip/s, your string and ready to go(maybe with a little sweat weight in the grip leftover). Look forward to see what you have turned your racket into and how it compares to factory and other users.

    cheers

    Three rackets I currently have strung and gripped
    Racket string handle setup and grip BP WEIGHT
    Voltiric z force ltd 3ug4 BG65 padded DS tape on wood + rkep towel grip (grip covering butt cap) 298 104.4g
    Voltric z force ltd 3ug5 BG65 athletic tape + yehlex towel
    (grip covering butt cap)
    298 104.9g
    Voltric 80 3ug4 BG65 Just rkep towel on wood
    (grip covering butt cap)
    298 100.7g

    Any additional notes like lead tape etc just leave below.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,452
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    BG65? BG65 is one of the worst performer out there (except for their durability) is it because you always change your string? why don't you try BG66UM, or Zymax 0.65 or 0.62?


    let me check mine later after I go back to Indonesia. left all of my rackets there except my MX80 with powermaster grip (normal way of gripping), and BG66UM @23lbs

  3. #3
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    BG65? BG65 is one of the worst performer out there (except for their durability) is it because you always change your string? why don't you try BG66UM, or Zymax 0.65 or 0.62?


    let me check mine later after I go back to Indonesia. left all of my rackets there except my MX80 with powermaster grip (normal way of gripping), and BG66UM @23lbs
    Yip that's it. Tried most of the Yonex string and love 66um and really like 80 also but they just keep snapping, prefer 65 to any ti or the ngb's though. for 66um/80 it was 4+ racket strings per month uk = 60+ ($100us). With 65's It's about 1.5 strings a month avg.
    (Coincidentally just ordered a String machine + 200m of 66um to fix this very problem)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    542
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I loved Bg65! The best yonex string so far!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,452
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yip that's it. Tried most of the Yonex string and love 66um and really like 80 also but they just keep snapping, prefer 65 to any ti or the ngb's though. for 66um/80 it was 4+ racket strings per month uk = 60+ ($100us). With 65's It's about 1.5 strings a month avg.
    (Coincidentally just ordered a String machine + 200m of 66um to fix this very problem)
    yeah it will cost you an arm and a leg at that cost per month (in 2 months you can buy a new racket already)
    good thing you bought the machine as the price will go down to the price of the string only (and electricity of course).
    to be honest I only broke my string once (with VS850, and it is not even by me), and usually I cut it after 6 months or so. maybe because I only string it @ 23lbs and only play once or twice per week (@ 2-3 hours each)

    back to the topic again. the rest of my rackets:
    arcsaber 008T with RKEP power master grip (I love this grip) + NBG95 (I didn't use it anymore)
    PP Trinity pro with RKEP power master grip + Zymax 0.62

  6. #6
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    yeah it will cost you an arm and a leg at that cost per month (in 2 months you can buy a new racket already)
    good thing you bought the machine as the price will go down to the price of the string only (and electricity of course).
    to be honest I only broke my string once (with VS850, and it is not even by me), and usually I cut it after 6 months or so. maybe because I only string it @ 23lbs and only play once or twice per week (@ 2-3 hours each)

    back to the topic again. the rest of my rackets:
    arcsaber 008T with RKEP power master grip (I love this grip) + NBG95 (I didn't use it anymore)
    PP Trinity pro with RKEP power master grip + Zymax 0.62
    Thanks for that, the purpose of the thread is to discover the specs, to see how it compares across rackets etc so if you could measure the weight and BP of those rackets when you get a chance, it would be appreciated. (Is that RKEP power master directly on wood?)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    BG65? BG65 is one of the worst performer out there (except for their durability) is it because you always change your string? why don't you try BG66UM, or Zymax 0.65 or 0.62?


    let me check mine later after I go back to Indonesia. left all of my rackets there except my MX80 with powermaster grip (normal way of gripping), and BG66UM @23lbs
    BG65 isn't that bad. Did you know that some of the best players in the world use BG65?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    542
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cillu View Post
    BG65 isn't that bad. Did you know that some of the best players in the world use BG65?
    LIN DAN use Yonex BG65!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •