Place to play in Yeouido?

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by josephdk, Jan 26, 2013.

1. josephdk

josephdk Regular Member

I'm going to Yeouido in Seoul in the summer and was wondering if there were any places to play badminton just as a drop in and play kind of style. Language isn't a problem as I speak korean. So any places?

2. event

event Regular Member

There is quite a long list for the gu in which Yeoeuido is located. #18 and #21 are actually in Yeoeuido-dong but one is at a middle school and the other a high school, clubs with 70,000-100,000won initiation fees. That doesn't really fit your description of drop in and play, although as I've said elsewhere, many recreational clubs that rent gyms will let you come by and play 2 or 3 times before asking you to join. Still, you might be better off trying a public gym with an admission charge. You can check the rest of the Yeongdeungpo-gu list but the easiest to get to is likely the Magok Gym, which I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum. It's a straight shot from Yeoeuido on the brand new #9 subway line to Yangcheonhyang-gyo Stn, from which you can walk just under 1km west.

Another public option is the Gyenam Gym in Yangcheon-gu, which you can reach from Yeoeuido with the #700 bus. For more details, please search the forum for those two gym names. I've posted the information so many times now and there are several threads open on gyms and clubs in Seoul. You could also PM tanzent, who is the only BC member who's confessed ;) to having played at both those gyms.

#2 event, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  3. josephdk

josephdk Regular Member

Thanks I'll try that :)

4. josephdk

josephdk Regular Member

Could I ask what the opening times are and the standard of play?

5. josephdk

josephdk Regular Member

Sorry in the magok gym

6. event

event Regular Member

You can ask, but as I say, tanzent is the only one here who is likely to be able to answer about level. As for the opening times, they are listed in the link I posted to the Seoul thread, as Mon-Sat 6-22:00 and 9-17 on Sunday.