Buying my first stringing machine and need to be able to do 30+ lbs

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by orberen, Jan 27, 2013.

1. orberen

orberen Regular Member

As the title says I'm going to be buying my first stringing machine and need a lot of help. I've already read a good handful of threads on badminton central about stringing machines (mainly the sticky threads but also a few others)

Anyways as the title says I need help on what I would need to buy to start stringing.

So far What I understand is that I need a machine with 6 points for stringing past 30lbs.

From what I read I would prefer to grab a drop weight machine but I'm not sure which model would be a good one stringing past 30lbs. suggestions?

Unless you guys think badminton specific stringing machines overall much better I wouldn't mind getting a general purpose stringing machine for all racket sports (I play and have friends that play tennis and squash)

Also which accessories do I need to string? from what I read It seems I need:
    - 2 hi qua clamps
    - 2 yonex clamps
    - string mover
    - badminton AWL

Is there any I am missing?

I live in Canada so most likely I'll be ordering from a US site.
    and I would like the budget for the total (machine + acessories) to fall in the $300-500 range unless you guys advise that I should spend more.

I should probably note I'm mainly only gonna be stringing for myself, my brother and a few friends.

2. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Have a look at a few stringing videos and see what they are using. If you have fixed clamps then the flying clamps aren't needed. I would also add a starting clamp and a decent pair of snips to your list.