User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Randomlegend View Post
    I've noticed that my turntable rocks slightly in the direction of the tensioner, so when you pull it leans a mm or so. I can obviously also rock it by hand. It can't rock the other way because of the break, although the whole thing can be lifted slightly.

It's not the join between the machine and the base, it's the joint where the bit from the table goes into the square cross-section metal piece which itself then goes into the base.

It's only a little wobble, just wondering if it's a problem (can't really see how it would be) and if it's easily fixable (I'm perfectly happy to leave it as is if it's no issue).

Thoughts?
    Unscrew the turntable - remove the four bolts - from the hub, then pull the hub out of its holder. You'll see it's attached to a six-inch cylindrical axle via a hex grub screw through the side.

One of the first things I did to my machine was to glue the axle into the hub and Loctite the grub screw in place. This will take up any play between the hub and axle. You will still be left with a little bit of tilt, but nowhere near as much as before.

While you're at it, spray a little bit of GT85 on the axle and into the holder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have put money on it being you to help me out

Thanks (once again), I'll get on it tomorrow.

I've had about 4/5 goes now and things are definitely getting much smoother and speedier. I've ordered sets of ZM62, VS850 and NS30 (along with the ZM65 that's coming in my Revelation) to try out so I can make a decision what I want to get a reel of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have put money on it being you to help me out

Thanks (once again), I'll get on it tomorrow.

I've had about 4/5 goes now and things are definitely getting much smoother and speedier. I've ordered sets of ZM62, VS850 and NS30 (along with the ZM65 that's coming in my Revelation) to try out so I can make a decision what I want to get a reel of.
    It got to the point where I had ripped my machine down to its nuts and bolts in the attempt to make things smoother or take up slack. The turntable bearing mod is relatively easy compared to a total teardown and rebuild of the clamp bases...

Be sure to wind your crank's gripper limiter screw all the way out for Z62, by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My VS850 arrived today....just done another practice run with the Hiqua stuff and I'm tempted to have a go with the VS850 on my Trinity Pro. Scared though, first time I'll be using anything I actually care about damaging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My second job was with BG80 on my beloved AT800 Off (back when I was playing 24 lb, that is)

Just go slow - you're not being timed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did it and it's looks good!

...but I nicked the string at some point. It survived the stringing but I doubt it will last long. Oh well, just need it to last long enough to decide if I like it then I'll be swapping it to try something else anyway.

Another lesson learnt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did it and it's looks good!

...but I nicked the string at some point. It survived the stringing but I doubt it will last long. Oh well, just need it to last long enough to decide if I like it then I'll be swapping it to try something else anyway.

Another lesson learnt
    I mentioned my second job; on my first, I had my clamps too tight and stripped the coating off the BG80.

Lesson: adjust your clamps so they're just tight enough to hold the string at the required tension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mine was causedby the opposite problem...not quite tight enough, so it got dragged through tensioning the first main.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2