Some advice and opinions please..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by smidsy1985, Jan 28, 2013.

1. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Hi there all,

I've a question and I hope that you can help me.....

I own a Yonex Voltric 80 LTD and a Victor Bravesword 10, but neither of the rackets gives me the 100% satisfaction that I'm looking for.
    The Voltric 80 is a little bit too head heavy, where the Bravesword 10 has a bit to less "bite"...

I was thinking of the Victor Bravesword LYD, or the Victor Meteor MX-JJS.

Can anyone compare the two rackets with rackets that I already own, and also compare the LYD and de MX-JJS.
    What are the primary differences or similarities between the rackets?

Which racket will suits perfectly between my already owned rackets?

I hope you can help me with your advice.

Greetings Erik

#1 smidsy1985, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

what kind of satisfaction that you're looking for?

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    What is your VT80LTD spec? is it 3U or 4U ?
    if it is 3U, i would suggest you to have a try on VTZF 4U, or Victor MX80 3U.

4. smidsy1985

Hi,
    It's the 3u version which i own...

I think the Voltric 80 is a little bit head heavy, and a little bit to stiff (slow in doubles play).
    The Bravesword 10 is (feels) a little bit to head light, a nice racket but i think i'm still missing something ( probably it is me that misses someting:p and not the gear) but i'am looking for another racket which can suit me a bit better, something in the middle of the two rackets.
    Wich one is the racket to go for, the MX-JJS or the BS LYD, and why???
    Greetings

5. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    owned a mx jjs. give it a try...i knw u are those kinda hard hitter! haha

6. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

I think your problem is with stiffness. Both vt80 and BRS-10 are known to be very stiff. Hence you'll need extra effort to generate power. Both BRS LYD and MX-JJS shafts are less-stiff compared to your current rackets. Both have same specs (HH & Stiffness). Difference is only in frame design I guess. While I consider Bravesword LYD as a Speed-Power racket, MX JJS is the Power-Speed racket. Your call...

7. smidsy1985

Hi,
    So you are saying the specs of the BRS LYD and the MX-JJS are almost the same, same HH & stiffness??
    But are they feeling less HH then the VT 80 but a bit more as the BS 10??
    I think that's the gap what i'm looking for to close, and that they are less stiff is a bonus, cause it takes some effort with my current rackets to get to a fast smash and with a less stiff racket that should become a little bit easier isn't it???
    Is there also anybody who can compare the BRS LYD and MX-JJS head to head, what are the cons and pro's of each one???
    Greetings

8. shineauks

shineauks New Member

SEO
    i agree with you,if it is 3U, i would suggest you to have a try on VTZF 4U, or Victor MX80 3U.thank you [​IMG]

9. betazone

betazone Regular Member

10. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I would go for a Voltric 70. Just had a session of doubles and switched racket half-way to the VT70. Felt the difference right away.

The flex from the shaft felt right for me - faster defense and great offense off the bat.

11. smidsy1985

why do you think the SW35 or the voltric 70 are better rackets to fill up the gap between my bs 10 and my voltric 80??
    Cause when i look at the racketchart of victor the sw 35 is the most head heavy of them all.... and my opinion is that the voltric 80 is too head heavy for me...
    Is the shaft of the SW35 less stiff, so the power can be unleashed easier??
    Nobody thinks the BS LYD or the MX-JJS are nice rackets between my BS 10 and Voltric 80....

12. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Erm... Throwing in brand names and limited editions thinking they're naturally better is not a really good way to "fill a gap".

The VT70 is less head heavy and offer more flex in the shaft, both conditions you are looking to fill. I guess no one offered anything on the two because they don't own them?

But honestly, the only way to know is to try them all out. Otherwise, train your arm to be stronger so the VT80 won't be too heavy, or spend $10 on lead tape for the BRS10.

13. smidsy1985

i don't think they are better because they have names of great players or are limited editions.
    i've red some posts about these rackets, and thought that they had a little bit more flex shafts and are HH than the bs 10 and less then the vt80, i don't care about names or brands, the racket just should suit me the best...

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What about Victor Meteor X60?

15. smidsy1985

don't know..... to much choises of realy good rackets, i've just selected these two because i've heard alot of good stories/threads.

16. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Comparing the V80 and BS-LYD, I felt the BS-LYD is slightly less stiff and considerably less head-heavy. I think all Voltric series from Yonex are designed to be head-heavy and stiff with the Zforce at the most extreme point.

17. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I've tried all of the racquets mentioned, with the exception of the Victor SW-35. First off, if you find the VT-80 too head heavy then forget about the Voltric-ZF, don't even think about it. Personally I keep going back to the Arm 900P. Of course, now that those jerks at Yonex have discontinued it you may have a hard time picking one up. If you can, it might be worth your while trying it out.

I haven't tried the MX-60 but, I've heard rave reviews from everyone who has tried it.

18. smidsy1985

If you have tried them, can you give me a comparison of the BS LYD and MX-JJS against the BS 10 wich is my main racket.
    The Voltric 80 is a bit to stiff and my BS 10 also (there in my opinion almost the same), the Voltric 80 is (a little bit) to HH, and the BS 10 feels a little to head light, i really looking for the in between.
    I thougt the MX-JJS and BS LYD, are both a bit less Head Heavy as the Voltric 80 and a bit more then the BS 10, about the stiffness of the BS LYD and MX-JJS I thought the both where a little bit less stiff then my owned VOltric 80 and BS 10........
    That's why I was wondering if one of the two mentioned before where a good mix-up to be my go to racket.....
    Greetings

19. visor

visor Regular Member

yep, i second and third the mx60 and even perhaps the mx70

20. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Both BSLYD and MX JJS are very stiff - 4/5 and 5/5 respectively. Both stiffer than VT80. Best is to try before you buy.