User Tag List

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: RKEP Rackets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These have been on Eric's website for a while, they were never advertised and there have been no reviews that I know of. Could still be really good value for the money. RKEP lacks a chart for organize these rackets into different categories and different levels. Most of these rackets appear to be one-off, imitating other popular rackets in the market place. To be successful in the long run as its own brand, RKEP needs an actual marketing strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know where these racquets are being manufactured?

I heard once that most badminton racquets all come from the same factories anyway, not sure if that's true or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

300mm-305mm

interesting....................................

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody got the RKEP Power F4 range?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Boaster

Yes, on near max smashes and clears I can feel the shaft bend slightly. Whereas the MX80 is beyond my ability to bend. Imo, this is a good indication of whether one is able to use a racket efficiently.

Smashing power, I'd say given the same specs, depends on your ability to *consistently* flex the shaft. The stiffer shaft will have higher max power but the less stiff shaft will have more easily accessible power.

However, one thing about the XP series is that they're faster and cut thru the air sharper than the corresponding MX series given the same specs, due to its more aerodynamic design.

As a matter of fact, the swishing sound it makes is very much high pitched like the BS and unlike the lower pitched MX swoosh. You can practically feel no significant air resistance like a BS when you swing, and yet it hits solidly like an MX when you strike. Pretty good combo, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaster
    What are the odds? Do you find that you can feel the "flex" in the XP60 like you can in a MX70?

How would you rate the smashing power (if you are offensive between the XP60 /MX80 and the XP70 /MX70?

I feel sometimes I am being robbed of some extra power from the MX80. I get the biggest smashes from my SW35 (my racket before, still keeping 1 lol) but because of the speed of MD, I had to make a change. I've been playing over 1 year with MX80 but something tells me theres' something "better" out there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by visor
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaster
    Ah ok, thanks for the info, very helpful. I'm still researching (reading) on which one to try. I'm currently using MX80s and have a MX70 that I use occasionally. Not sure how stiff the XP60 and XP70 compare to those rackets.

I play doubles 99% and prefer the back court hehe. I'll try to read more but can't find too much on the XP60, especially in comparison to the XP70. (stiffness and power).

Haha... I used to use MX80/70 too. And now the XP60 is my go to, while my XP70 is for more relaxed games. Even though both are same specs, XP60 is more demanding but in return is more meaty and powerful. Stiffness wise, nothing beats MX80. I'd place XP60 between MX80 and MX70, while XP70 is between MX70 and MX60.
    Last edited by visor; 04-23-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still to pick up another couple of XP-70's. I am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment as to what to do actually...

I am satisfied with the XP-70, I have used it exclusively this year since receiving it, however, my only suggestion was to get a heavier frame. Now that these exist, I am in a dilemma as to whether i should pick up a 87g 295, or whether I should try the XP-60. the potential for a stiffer racket is appealing to me while keeping the same frame profile, so I am really not sure what I am going to buy.

Unless of course, Eric has another racket coming to be sold any time soon?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ What're your previos go to Victor rackets. The XP60 is not that stiff, nothing like MX80. Perhaps more like MX70. But given the same spec it'll be more powerful than XP70 if you're explosive enough... or not, if you're not.

But nevertheless, you should definjtely order one 60, if
    your previous rackets were
    stiff like sw35 and mx80.
    Last edited by visor; 04-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Visor for the update on the shaft stiffness. I'm similar to LD Rules as I have and used both the SW35 and MX80, (also have a MX70) so I'm definitely leaning more now towards the XP60.

Anymore experiences or comparisons from any others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How stiff is XP60 compared to other rackets? It says very stiff but I am worried it is too stiff for me, like the MX80 was.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ read my posts above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah thanks Visor, and in comparison to BS LYD and At900P?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i800Yoty View Post
    Ah thanks Visor, and in comparison to BS LYD and At900P?
    Hmm... I don't have those rackets but I've hit a few with my friend's. XP60 is slightly stiffer than former and much stiffer than latter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Hmm... I don't have those rackets but I've hit a few with my friend's. XP60 is slightly stiffer than former and much stiffer than latter.
    That's good then, i'm looking for a punchier version of the LYD. Hm but i'm cautious of buying a racket that's too stiff for me. Not sure what to get now.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i800Yoty View Post
    That's good then, i'm looking for a punchier version of the LYD. Hm but i'm cautious of buying a racket that's too stiff for me. Not sure what to get now.
    I've had MX80 before... nothing is as stiff as that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I've had MX80 before... nothing is as stiff as that.
    I've never tried a MX80 but the stiffest racket I have (by far) is the Zelm Ultimate Power. Gosh, that thing barely flexes at all! It is STIFF!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    I've never tried a MX80 but the stiffest racket I have (by far) is the Zelm Ultimate Power. Gosh, that thing barely flexes at all! It is STIFF!!!
    The same with the Mx80. In fact it only flexes on a very few select shots - a really good kill or a really hard smash for me. Despite me bending pretty much any other racket with other shots like my BH clear (which I play too much from the wrist and fingers) I can really not feel it bend at all on those shots.
    On the plus side it's the most controlled racket I've ever played with.

Concerning Zelm - that brand is dead, isn't it? I tried contacting the guy who sold them here, but never received a reply. The thread is barren as well and they never had a decent website...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone suggest an RKEP racket that is similar to BS LYD, preferably just as fast but punchier?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast