User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Axiata Cup 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I'm pretty sure the other one was Chinese. Her accent would come and go but it definitely had a "studied overseas" sound to it.
    She is Michelle Lee... from FOOTBALL OVERLOAD

http://www.esquire.my/Women/Funny-Jo...e/Michelle-Lee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Disagree with MAS having to field LCW. Are they really that desperate to win this Mickey Mouse Cup? What message does this send to Daren Liew and CWF? Sure, we'll entrust you to win us the cup but wait, since we're in the final we don't need your services anymore. This is a typically short-sighted move by BAM to shower themselves with glory.

Even if LCW wins, I hope THA takes the other matches to stick it to BAM.

Winning the Axiata is nothing compared with doing well against better opponents in the Sudirman Cup.

MAS find of the tournament–Sonia Cheah
    Fully agree. I was looking forward to TS vs either LD or CWF. It would be more evenly match and exciting. Once I saw LCW in the line up I was disappointed and I think Team Thailand too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    ah
    u mean to protect our illusionly good economy
    we shouldnt change dont we?
    Ehhh..may I ask what should we change? Or rather what can we change?

Talking is one thing, implementing is another and I am not sure why economy is brought in here.

Anyway, you still haven't answer my question Limsy: So it's it worth it to sacrifice the glory/career of the MAS players just to slap the BAM cronies?

So, if Malaysia lost in the Sudirman Cup and all other tournaments, who's the one who is going to suffer? Ng Chin Chai? Rashid Sidek?
    But one thing I am sure is the players are the one that lose out in the end. Not the BAM cronies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    We are still new in the club system, and I am not sure how well funded the clubs are yet. Getting quality coaches is one thing, executing the whole training, diet, regimented discipline and tournament planning (which would require a working relationship with BAM) is another.

We are unlike Indonesia and Japan, which have been, err, clubbing for years ..... and with good funding and synergy with their BAs. But as a long term plan, having these clubs would help boost the number of potentials for the future, so let's hope that the situation improves from the next decade onwards.

As for the Sidek family, well they never held the reins of BAM. The family itself was developed well outside of the BAM circle until someone took notice of 12-15 year olds beating 18 year old or older opponents in local tournaments.

Jalani Sidek was always against BAM and how they handled the removal of the then President in 1993, so he wants nothing to do with BAM, period.

Razif and Rahman Sidek were appointed briefly as coaches (Razif was Chief Coach), but they didn't stay long.

Misbun too couldn't take all the crap from BAM, so he left. I even wondered why he came in, in the first place. A strong willed person should know that he does not fit the organization.

Rashid Sidek - forget his Singles Head Coach tag, in reality he's just one of the many singles coaches. His only privilege, maybe the opportunity to travel ......

The last Chief Coach that really had power to do things was the late Punch Gunalan, with support of the then BAM President before the post was taken over by politicians and businessmen.
    Well, without any doubt. BAM still is and will remain to be the best place to nurture talents in many years. I completely agree with you that we are very still very new in club system and they might not have a complete training regime to bring out the best of the shuttlers. However, I think this is a good start and hopefully it would be able to work with/complement or provide a healthy rivalry with BAM just to keep BAM on their feet.

To be honest, having heard and see so many potential players just got wasted away by all the irresponsible talent scouts and system manipulation just sometime make you lose faith in the current national selection system. For the talent scouts to openly asked the young shuttlers' parent to "sponsor" something to the organisers seem to have become the norm these days. Anyone who pays the tribute will get some extra benefit in the tournament (easier draw, getting the last ticket for selection, etc.) I just hope that with the rise of local clubs, those more deserving kids will have another platform to showcase their talent rather than having to wait for another year to "impress" those talent scouts from BAM for the national/state selection process.

Enough rambling from me. Maybe you are right. Sidek family is totally on their own and Misbun, Razif and Rahman's departure from BAM is totally because of irreconcilable differences between them and the management regarding about the training programme and not on other issues like what I heard from. I shall stop here as I will admit that I do not know much about Sidek's history with BAM. If I have said anything that appeared offensive, I apologize.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Thanks.. But he said that she is Ex prime minister's wife.. You are saying as current prime minister's wife..
    Sort of, Parliment has been dissolved, so I suppose technically she is no more Prime Minister's wife. She may or may not be continue to be PM's wife, depending on outcome of the elections in 2 weeks time.
    She is still of course BAM patron

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Sort of, Parliment has been dissolved, so I suppose technically she is no more Prime Minister's wife. She may or may not be continue to be PM's wife, depending on outcome of the elections in 2 weeks time.
    She is still of course BAM patron
    Thanks for the info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aiyo....economics and politics are brought into badminton....

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    aiyo....economics and politics are brought into badminton....
    whether you ignore it or whether you're not aware of it, economics and politics occur in every level of our lives... including work, livelihood, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    whether you ignore it or whether you're not aware of it, economics and politics occur in every level of our lives... including work, livelihood, etc.

but in this specific thread....the position of Kak Ros are been discussed...is it necessary???? of course some might want to know who she is....but a simple explaination will do, i think.....PM's Wife, BAM patron.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Chong Wei shouldnt played in final because he didnt play from the start.. Malaysia still can win without LCW in Axiata Cup

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Ehhh..may I ask what should we change? Or rather what can we change?

Talking is one thing, implementing is another and I am not sure why economy is brought in here.

Anyway, you still haven't answer my question Limsy: So it's it worth it to sacrifice the glory/career of the MAS players just to slap the BAM cronies?

So, if Malaysia lost in the Sudirman Cup and all other tournaments, who's the one who is going to suffer? Ng Chin Chai? Rashid Sidek?
    But one thing I am sure is the players are the one that lose out in the end. Not the BAM cronies.
    they on the same ship,they sail or sink together.
    they should take the un-planned tournament participation/politic in bam/misused of budget as a whole package as they made their choice.
    if they suffer by the choice they made and yet stick still with the bam,then let them be.
    why sympathy?
    everyone need to take responsibility for the decision they make.
    ckb,tcs,zakry/fairuz all won title outside bam,so do zulfadli
    even vountus who the coach say dont have the quality beat the 'quality player' of bam in tournament.

if people sayang about player and hope they will excel(they excelled and save bam cronies ass),then who get benefit?chan/goh fight all the way through to world top 5,when come to yonex special sponsorship?what happen at the end?what bam did to them?
    Last edited by limsy; 04-16-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

her name is Reem Shahwa .. she is malay

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Nop, she's not a chinese imo.. U meant her right? Gotta agree that her english is really good and her accent consist of little bit like american.. She's working for astro arena and you can always seen her reporting sports news in or outside malaysia for astro arena's sports news called nadi arena

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14