User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so,,,these days an experience badminton player has to be a long time member of Badminton Central dot com?? Because i'm new to this website, makes me not capable in reviewing a racket or warning others about fake rackets being sold??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those who are happy with their RM 300 -350 brand new top end Victor rackets,,,kindly disregard this post altogether. My original post was merely to warn potential buyers of the rise in fake Victor Rackets been sold here in Malaysia. Also to note that an original Victor Meteor X JJS Racket from Taiwan would cost you RM450(distributer price) by least. If you order 15 units the price drops to RM430 per piece. Therefore if anybody sells you below or equal this price,,,kindly walk away frm making a purchase. There are many 99% replica also known as triple A replicates around. Those will cost merely RM 150 per piece. The retailer than sells em for RM 350- RM 500 and makes a clean profit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

few facts here;

- most of the 'big shops' (maybe all) bcer familiar here sell bs12 my coded for less than rm500, only far east does sell it more. even rrp rm660 off 30% still lesser than rm500

- chris aw amk sold me tw coded racket as well

- of late, there are few online seller selling really competitive priced yonex and victor rackets. i have not bought from them but many did and from the feedback, i dun thk they are selling fakes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    few facts here;

- most of the 'big shops' (maybe all) bcer familiar here sell bs12 my coded for less than rm500, only far east does sell it more. even rrp rm660 off 30% still lesser than rm500

- chris aw amk sold me tw coded racket as well

- of late, there are few online seller selling really competitive priced yonex and victor rackets. i have not bought from them but many did and from the feedback, i dun thk they are selling fakes.

yes. indeed. Hock Eng Bangi dropped some of the string prices. RM 29.90 (less RM 2) for BG66 Ultimax (but the rest is same price, only the BG 66UM and BG 66 is less RM 2). The shoes is discounted to 35% from retail price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so Taiwan printed blue cap with SG code victor is real?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is real where old batch of victor racket have the taiwan wordings. But what is ur racket first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree ur statements, rm300 - rm350 does not have that for victor. But just to let you know, i went there before. They told me the same thing. It is the way of their market MY coded victor rackets since they are the only distributor in Malaysia, therefore they having premium prices and higher profit margin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good intention there.
    Last edited by zionong; 02-03-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCR999, I believe you are definitely capable to review those authenticity of a racket and all the things you have mentioned are true(at least to me), but dun forget about those who want to get rid of their authentic second-hand rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for pointing out... I know that your intention is good. Maybe just the way you presented it hence causing others who are having TW coded felt the pinch.

It is not totally right to say that TW, SG or CH coded is not genuine.. just that maybe you will have warranty issue if you claim from Far East. But if you claim warranty from the reputable shop where you purchase them, I think there wont be any problem.

Maybe you should say that most of the Victor fakes/imitation have TW code compare to others but doesnt mean all TW coded are fakes. Guess the logic is there... if you want to fake a yonex, sure you will put JP coded.. likewise for Victor, they will put TW coded.

I also wish to point out that even though 2 rackets are 3U, they might have slight different weight as 3U is a range... not a fixed weight. Hence, you cannot say that if TW coded doesnt swing or weight the same as MY coded, then it is fake. I also think that they are manufacturer slightly different characteristic to suit diff market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    Thanks for pointing out... I know that your intention is good. Maybe just the way you presented it hence causing others who are having TW coded felt the pinch.

It is not totally right to say that TW, SG or CH coded is not genuine.. just that maybe you will have warranty issue if you claim from Far East. But if you claim warranty from the reputable shop where you purchase them, I think there wont be any problem.

Maybe you should say that most of the Victor fakes/imitation have TW code compare to others but doesnt mean all TW coded are fakes. Guess the logic is there... if you want to fake a yonex, sure you will put JP coded.. likewise for Victor, they will put TW coded.

I also wish to point out that even though 2 rackets are 3U, they might have slight different weight as 3U is a range... not a fixed weight. Hence, you cannot say that if TW coded doesnt swing or weight the same as MY coded, then it is fake. I also think that they are manufacturer slightly different characteristic to suit diff market.
    agree with you.
    Sometimes a very tiny margin differences on same rackets occurred when the rackets produced on different batches. So, no wonder that TW, CN, or MY coded has their own a very super duper tiny margin differences on same rackets. Though they are genuine.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

agree on the margin.

i was picking my MX80 replacement at the official US Victor distributor (ie. all genuine US coded MX80s), and among 8 or so in stock 3U's that i weighed, there is a range of 3grams differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because the victor distributors last time told me, beside MY coded rackets, all other codes to them are fakes. Because no in their areas for the rackets. Thats the thing that might lead wrong minded. As they mean no warranty. Like what davlee said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The situation right now is about a wrong information given from the only distributor in Malaysia to consumers like us. Claiming that different codes are fakes, different paint job, dry weight are fakes and so on. It's wrong. This information can bring down a certain businesses. IMHO.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    The situation right now is about a wrong information given from the only distributor in Malaysia to consumers like us. Claiming that different codes are fakes, different paint job, dry weight are fakes and so on. It's wrong. This information can bring down a certain businesses. IMHO.
    as an informed consumer, i find this type of practice very shady. as a Victor distributor they should know very well that there are genuine TW/HK, etc coded Victor rackets and by saying that the other codes are fakes they are deliberately deceiving the consumers.

what they should've done is to say the truth: there are other coded Victor rackets, but since these non-MY code rackets are not distributed by them, they will not honor any warranty claims.

and that's pretty much exactly what i am told by the US distributor, Racket Supply.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    as an informed consumer, i find this type of practice very shady. as a Victor distributor they should know very well that there are genuine TW/HK, etc coded Victor rackets and by saying that the other codes are fakes they are deliberately deceiving the consumers.

what they should've done is to say the truth: there are other coded Victor rackets, but since these non-MY code rackets are not distributed by them, they will not honor any warranty claims.

and that's pretty much exactly what i am told by the US distributor, Racket Supply.
    i was told the same thing by Racket Supply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the way Msian do business eh... try to intimidate rather than educate.. :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast