User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WCR 999 View Post
    He also did mention,,,the paint color, the clarity of fonts and the racket weight will defer....Even if it defer by a very tiny margin, it is considered FAKE
    regarding the racquet weight etc..

i'm not sure if victor racquets are that consistent in their weighings. between 86 grams to 89 grams is still within a single U... how can a difference in racquet weight be a deciding point to consider a racquet fake?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WCR 999 View Post
    Greetings People, I have just made a purchase of the new Victor Meteor X JJS from Far East Victor Malaysia for a price of RM650 inclusive of stringing, casing and a grip.I spoke with the boss himself about the rise of pirated/replica badminton rackets in Malaysia. Soon after, he briefed me on a few guidelines on how to identify a fake Victor Racket.

The main thing that one needs to know is -> any legit Victor rackets sold in Malaysia must have the serial code that begins with MY!! This is for a plain reason,,,that firstly a TW and SG, or even CN are not even allowed to be legally sold in Malaysia. Those who chose to buy Victor rackets in Malaysia with any other code besides the ones that start with MY are fully accountable for any mishaps or damages such as -> racket brake when strung at tension 26 and above, sudden cracks due to heat, allignment damage, paint fade after a less than 4 months etc. Apart frm that also double check this -> http://www.victorsport.com/product_content_217.html

Finally, i would also like to mention that the imitation Victor rackets in Malaysia that are most at large today are from the TW codes. I would also like to include that there is no such thing as a brand new Victor Meteor X JJS, London, BSLYD, BS12, BS 15 that are sold for any price below RM500 (racket only) Beware of anybody who sells you the above mentioned rackets brand new for a price below RM500. Never ever be penny wise, pound foolish!! Cheers people
    some good reliable websites have the JJS for about 510 ringgit with string. mx80's 430 ringgit or so..

but of course, thankyou for supporting the malaysian economy and the retailers if that is a preference of yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correct!! That 1 is an absolute exception!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    regarding the racquet weight etc..

i'm not sure if victor racquets are that consistent in their weighings. between 86 grams to 89 grams is still within a single U... how can a difference in racquet weight be a deciding point to consider a racquet fake?
    They are absolutely precised. I weighed 5 of am 1 after the other....all were very very precised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    Thanks for pointing out... I know that your intention is good. Maybe just the way you presented it hence causing others who are having TW coded felt the pinch.

It is not totally right to say that TW, SG or CH coded is not genuine.. just that maybe you will have warranty issue if you claim from Far East. But if you claim warranty from the reputable shop where you purchase them, I think there wont be any problem.

Maybe you should say that most of the Victor fakes/imitation have TW code compare to others but doesnt mean all TW coded are fakes. Guess the logic is there... if you want to fake a yonex, sure you will put JP coded.. likewise for Victor, they will put TW coded.

I also wish to point out that even though 2 rackets are 3U, they might have slight different weight as 3U is a range... not a fixed weight. Hence, you cannot say that if TW coded doesnt swing or weight the same as MY coded, then it is fake. I also think that they are manufacturer slightly different characteristic to suit diff market.
    I have very poor selection of words at times,,,,i must admit.....But what you mentioned was right. Not all are fakes,,,,needless to say,,,,,the weight of 3U for Victor is very very accurate!! I weighed 5 JJS at the same time...all weighed absolutely THE SAME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It it because you are measuring the same batch of the rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    It it because you are measuring the same batch of the rackets.
    could be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot help thinking of this word when OP attempts to help the consumers, that is, if what he says is actually helping the consumers, let alone accuracy

Fear
    mongering the use of fear to leverage the opinions and actions of others towards some end. The object of fear is sometimes exaggerated, and the use of fear mongering is often directed in a manner using repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of using this tactic in a self-reinforcing manner, like a vicious circle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's something I have to mention after 4 hours with a TW Victor MXJJS as compared to my recently purchased MY code. I swear there is a difference in feel. The TW somehow feels lighter. Look, I admit maybe I got it wrong....and the fact that some of you guys here have a point in regards of the issue of TW or other non MY coded rackets being original. But is it possible that the MY quality control be of better quality?? I don't know. I used to own an ARC 10 Japan and ARC 10 SP. The difference in paint job is obvious. I played with both just as hard. My brother even overdrilled the Japan version. But for some reason, the paint job is just waaay harder to chip off as compared to my SP.

Would like to hear more opinions. Are there anybody who owns similar rackets from Victor, both TW and MY code to share their experience? I would love to be enlightened on this issue, in regards.

Next question. How did the TW rackets get into the country? Pricing em at waay cheaper price as compared to our MY. How can that even be possible, without a distributer license?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone share how do we identify fake Victor rackets? Any picture for comparison ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is Victor product distributor in Kuching, East Malaysia. The racket MX80 is priced at RM 300 only, but not sure if it is MY or TW coded. For all the victor shuttlecocks, their company name is printed on the tube is as distributor. Since they are not focusing on sports, they didn't import full range of victor sports product. Far East in West M'sia is earning a lot a lot actually.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karyaw View Post
    Agree ur statements, rm300 - rm350 does not have that for victor. But just to let you know, i went there before. They told me the same thing. It is the way of their market MY coded victor rackets since they are the only distributor in Malaysia, therefore they having premium prices and higher profit margin.
    Actually Far East as a distributor for west Msia want to dominant victor market so that's y they educate their consumer that all code except MY are fake. They wanted west Msia shop dealers to purchase victor racket only from Far East only and not any other county. They give limited stock to dealers to sell or they don't even have stock for the dealers. No stocks to dealers but Far East have stock displayed in their own shop. And they are so call distributors. Call shop dealers not to sell below certain price but Far East they themselves sell lower than what shop dealers allow to sell.

Victor Taiwan should survey what and how is individual distributor is doing and not spoiling the brand since Victor already sponsoring player to bring up the brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a second hand MY coded BS12 from someone on the forums here and on the shaft it says 'made in china,' should I be concerned? As I know Victor has factories in both Taiwan and China but my other BS12 doesn't have that on the shaft but that ones TW coded.

Can anyone confirm that other MY coded BS12 have 'Made in China' on the shaft too? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my knowledge, it is related to the quality control of the company. When the rackets are produced, not all are perfect. There will be small defect on some racket, for example, the paint chip or the weight of racket deviates for 1-2 grams. But it is impossible to ignore that. so they classified the rackets according to country code. Since the market is very huge in China, so they sell averaged-quality racket there. For malaysia/ singapore, they are selling high quality one. Victor appointed Far East as the main distributor in malaysia. so they are the sole supplier of my-coded victor racket. they try to dominate the market so they play 'dirty'. Like, when there are new models coming, they will sell first. after one month, they just send to those resellers. and they restrict on the amount the reseller want to take. Those resellers cannot 'tahan', when customers come to them, they do not have enough stock to sell. so they contact taiwan singapore reseller to get stock. So, there are tw and sg and cn code racket in malaysia. For claim, Far East only refers to my coded racket. Other country code, have to ask the reseller to claim. This is what i know. just to share. no offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky5508 View Post
    Based on my knowledge, it is related to the quality control of the company. When the rackets are produced, not all are perfect. There will be small defect on some racket, for example, the paint chip or the weight of racket deviates for 1-2 grams. But it is impossible to ignore that. so they classified the rackets according to country code. Since the market is very huge in China, so they sell averaged-quality racket there. For malaysia/ singapore, they are selling high quality one. Victor appointed Far East as the main distributor in malaysia. so they are the sole supplier of my-coded victor racket. they try to dominate the market so they play 'dirty'. Like, when there are new models coming, they will sell first. after one month, they just send to those resellers. and they restrict on the amount the reseller want to take. Those resellers cannot 'tahan', when customers come to them, they do not have enough stock to sell. so they contact taiwan singapore reseller to get stock. So, there are tw and sg and cn code racket in malaysia. For claim, Far East only refers to my coded racket. Other country code, have to ask the reseller to claim. This is what i know. just to share. no offense.
    Ya, this is what I heard from my boss since I was working in badminton earlier this month. It's a very dirty trick. He should treats people equally.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky5508 View Post
    When the rackets are produced, not all are perfect. There will be small defect on some racket, for example, the paint chip or the weight of racket deviates for 1-2 grams. But it is impossible to ignore that. so they classified the rackets according to country code. Since the market is very huge in China, so they sell averaged-quality racket there. For malaysia/ singapore, they are selling high quality one.
    Maybe you should be more informed before spreading nonsense on this forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by - иεvvεи٭т -ツ View Post
    I bought a second hand MY coded BS12 from someone on the forums here and on the shaft it says 'made in china,' should I be concerned? As I know Victor has factories in both Taiwan and China but my other BS12 doesn't have that on the shaft but that ones TW coded.

Can anyone confirm that other MY coded BS12 have 'Made in China' on the shaft too? Thanks.

Hi, since you had get the racket.

Pls send me the money.

Dont keep silent there.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast