Voltric Z Force or Voltric 80 for a current Armortec 800 DE user?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sgt_Strider, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I'm looking to upgrade my racket. I want to stick with the 4U series of racquets. From what I gather, the Z Force is similar to the AT800 DE, but being slightly head heavier. Is it more aerodynamic though? I'm looking for a racquet similar to the AT800 DE, but will give me the ability to smash harder and swing faster. I get the impression that the Z Force may fit my needs based on what I read, but one of the reviewers here said it's easier to play with the Voltric 80 instead of the Z Force. I would say I'm an intermediate player that plays mostly doubles. I think I'm more of an offensive minded player and have a decent smash. I also read that the Z Force is similar to the AT700, but I think I've only tried the 3U version years back so I'm not sure how it'll compare to the 4U version. Comments?

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Definitely way to go to Voltric Z Force 4U version. It swings really fast, and powerful too, perfect fit for Doubles racket. VT80 4U on the other hand, will be slower, but slightly more powerful. I would pick VTZF 4U rather than VT80 4U, because speed is important in Doubles.

3. Sgt_Strider

Wow, I'm quite surprised with your opinion. I think a review that I read said it was the opposite. The 80 actually swing faster...

4. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

The VT-ZF is designed for pure power, as the AT800DE is in my opinion more built for defence and control. Although I like the VT-ZF for it's power, I prefer the VT80 for more balance between power and control. The VT-ZF has a smaller frame, so too much offcenter result in less control or easier mishit. If you like and chose the AT800DE for its control capabilities, I would recommend the VT80 in 4U.

5. Sgt_Strider

Yea, that's what I read about the Z Force and its more oval frame. Apparently the sweet spot is slightly smaller and its attributes is slightly weakened if I hit off centre.

Are you telling me that the VT 80 have a more square frame with a bigger sweet spot so that it's more forgiving than the Z Force?

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    VT80 has a normal Iso Frame, hence sweetspot would be bigger compared to ZForce. However, i hardly notice the difference in VTZF and normal iso frame when hitting, unlike Arc Z Slash.

You could buy AT800Def though, it is still available, especially in 3U.

7. Sgt_Strider

So what makes the VTZF a "better" racket than the VT80? What's Yonex's reasoning for the ZF as the top in that series?

I actually prefer 4U rackets.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Personally, i feel VTZF 4U will have more advantage in speed as compared to VT80 in 4U, due to slimmer shaft in VTZF and its head design. In doubles, speed is really crucial

9. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    4u vt80 definitely...It all depends on what player are you.... I m more to the front player,so I will take vt80...Can pm me if u still in dilemma