Looking for a boron-2 replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kmoper, Feb 2, 2013.

1. kmoper

kmoper New Member

Started playing again after 12 years hiatus and found out that my boron-2 is now considered a rare collector item.

So, I'm looking for a Yonex replacement that has the same grip size and balance point as boron-2.

Boron-2 stats:
    length: 66.5 cm
    balance point: 42.5 cm from top of the head
    classification: 2u g5

I'd prefer something with g5. I've read DinkALot's review but there was no grip size information and I am not sure how to interpret his 'moderate' and 'balanced' balance point.

It is also kind of outdated now, for example, Cab 30 is not sold anymore, and I'm not sure how its successor, Cab 35, would rate in his review.

So, help? Thanks.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    from e78, a badminton store in HK, i saw that Finnex still makes boron rackets if you like the feel of it. they are also oval head shape. if you search e78 on facebook, you'll be able to speak to the owner, and i believe they are still having a 2012 clean out sale for chinese new year when i was there last week :)

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Just so you know balance point is usually (at least now) measured from the butt cap and not the head so keep that in mind when you're looking at balance points. Also most racquets come in g4,g5 etc. just depends on the area

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the cab30 is pretty solid like the cab35, but i wouldn't recommend the cab50 if you're used to the solid feel of cabs since it felt a bit hollow the cab50 that is.

just to add i also agree with what decoy said above :)

5. kmoper

kmoper New Member

Thanks guys. I tried out Cab 35 and NS 6600. NS6600's balance point is closer to my old racquet. It's a bit slightly more forward, but it did not bother me at all. So NS6600 it is. Thanks again.

6. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

You could have tried cab21 in terms of feel and design.