User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't in the current catalogue or website , but Mark A ( I think ) posted a picture of one of them - in a thread about clamps, would you believe - when he was looking for a companion for it. Yours, unfortunately, look like mine . You can find out if they are from the same inaccurate casting mold by clamping a piece of card between the jaws. Examine the pattern in angled light - if the centre two prongs are not making any impression then it is the same casting mold. If all four leave the same degree of indentation then they have fixed it .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I understand what you mean, I just ran a quick test with both my clamps and they hold up to 30lbs each no problems, didn't wanna go any higher just incase something goes wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like they fixed it , so no need for worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ..

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but I was thinking of getting the Premium stringer 3600 but without the WISE tensioner.
    I have never strung any strings so would this be a good investment for someone who would probably string my own and perhaps a few of my friends' strings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xuser,

I just got the premium stringer 3600 from Robin of WD Strings. I would say yes, it's a good quality dropweight machine. As mentioned by others before, you will want to get additional pair of badminton fixed clamps as the machine comes with tennis clamps, and you need to order the custom made side supports from Michal. As an additional option, I'll suggest getting some yonex flying clamps in case the fixed clamps are out of reach in some unexpected tricky situations during your learning curve.

Also try getting a digital scale, you can get it at your local hardware stores and do try measuring or calibrating to your target tension rather than just relying on the scale of the machine. Having removed the tennis tension weight, my 12 kgs in the machine scale indicator comes equivalent to 28 pounds measured by the independent digital scale! In time to come I may want to get other digital scale to compare in case my current digital scale is not accurate.

Best of all, it's easily upgradable to electronic wise tensioner in the future!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2