Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want! I want!
    This racket looks pretty good, I want to try it out! hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also got myself a N90III with the Yonex 66 Ultimax at 27lbs. The finishing quality of the N90III is way higher that the VTZF and other high-end Yonex that I have used.
    The N90III is slightly less head heavy and quicker than the VTZF (which is way quicker than the VT80), especially in defense to me. It is also less stiff than the VTZF, and about the same as the N90II.
    In the smash department, it is about the same as the VTZF to me. But due to the 3D break-free design, you get a distinctive higher pitch when you swing it, unlike any of the Yonex or Ni Ling that I have used before. Since I have never used the Victor, I am not sure whether the Brave Swords have similar sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I want! I want!
    This racket looks pretty good, I want to try it out! hahaha
    haha, Is the reason for the price?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thekong

basically this exactly what I'm hoping for. Trying to get two N90 III's for the start till they are available in Germany. Let's c. ZF was a tad too slow for fast net play, kills etc... just by a fraction.

What string do you use for this racket apart from the Ultimax? Does BG80 works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LI-NING WOODS N90-3 (Lin Dan LTD Racket)

Quote Originally Posted by legobarn View Post
    I had played with the Li ning N90III strung with BG68Ti at 28lbs and to me its really feel like a bravesword 10 of Victor . Not so much of a head heavy but gave you the speed when you swing it like the bravesword. I like the N90III much better than the 2 previous one but maybe I am not the guy with hugh power.

Hi just want to find out how much you paid for the N90-III? Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    @thekong

What string do you use for this racket apart from the Ultimax? Does BG80 works?

Hi sFrog, I have only used the Ultimax on N90III. However, I tried the BG80 on the N90II and it was great, so I can't think of any reason why the BG80 would not work with the N90III

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thekong View Post

Hi sFrog, I have only used the Ultimax on N90III. However, I tried the BG80 on the N90II and it was great, so I can't think of any reason why the BG80 would not work with the N90III

Thekong
    How much it cost in HK, if the price is reasonable i'll get my friend to get one for me. thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi ValueCL,

I got mine from Mybadmintonstore.com:

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...oducts_id=1752

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, this racket could be it. Thing is, N90 III, N55 III (head heavy and the tad lighter one), JJS... all three rackets could work. It is impossible for me to test those Li Ning with the right setup so I have to rely on feedback from here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One interesting thing about the N90III for me is that I seem to be able to generate much more power with only my wrist and fingers during those quick flat drives, especially with backhand. I am not sure whether it is due to the weight balance, flex of the shaft, or something else, but I didnít get that feeling even with relatively head-light rackets like the Arc 10 and Arc 8DX.

It is also much easier for me to lift the shuttle all the way back close to the opponentís base line when defending a hard smash!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing, thekong.
    Have you ever used a N90 (first gen)? For me the N90 is a beast which needs a lot of proper technique and strenght and stamina. Can you compare it with the new N90-III?
    For me N90 was / is tiring. What about N90-III? Easier to handle? Not that head heavy?

If N90-III isn't that difficult to handle, I maybe want to give a try. I prefer it looks more than the N55-III one's :-P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't have n90-III, but i do have n90-II and n55-III. falling deeper and deeper in love with n55-III and it's my no1 racket now. It's very good for singles - quite fast, good in defense and at the same time posessing a great attack - i can often put even green plastic birdies to the opponent's side without going for the lines. Good for doubles too - especially if you are mostly a backcourt player. N90-II feels very similar, a little bit more dampered, less vibration, but the balance and overall performance are close.
    I am sure that n90-III is a very nice racket, with a fast swing and about the same balance point as n55-III (the brochure says 303mm for n55-III and 302mm for n90-III). But 249$ on MBS ? that's way too much IMO. 221$ for n55-III and i had to give it a lot of thinking. Haven't regretted for a second though.
    And n55-III looks much better IMO. Just stunning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without having played with the first or second generation it's hard to say for sure, but I'm thinking the third generation is much easier to handle than the previous ones. It's a less stiffer racket (medium) combined with SWORD technique and head heavyness (305). I've got a BRS LYD and the feel is almost the same, but I feel that I can get more power out of the N90-3 compared to the BRS LYD. Other than that, they pretty much feel the same (in terms of speed and feel), at least for me. I was thinking of making N90-3 one of my singles racket, but I'm probably going to use it for doubles instead. I'm going to try it out a few more singles games before deciding, but so far, I can't seem to find the more powerful I get with the stiffer and more head heavier VTZF and VT80 from the back court.

I think the copied SWORD technique the N90-3 uses together with the previous mentioned features is a wonderful combination, and I'm liking the racket so far. The feel and sound when your racket goes down from a overhead stroke and at the point of contact of the shuttle is so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Thanks for sharing, thekong.
    Have you ever used a N90 (first gen)? For me the N90 is a beast which needs a lot of proper technique and strenght and stamina. Can you compare it with the new N90-III?
    For me N90 was / is tiring. What about N90-III? Easier to handle? Not that head heavy?

If N90-III isn't that difficult to handle, I maybe want to give a try. I prefer it looks more than the N55-III one's :-P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never used the N90 I, but do have an N90II. To me the VTZF is quicker than the N90II, but the N90III is even quicker! The N90III is slightly less head heavy than both the VTFZ and N90II, and I do feel the N90III is easier to handle.

When I tried bending the shafts by hand, the N90II and III felt similar, but when I swing them, I could feel the N90III bent more. I am not sure whether it is due to the faster swing speed with the sword design (but yes, it does swing faster).

Actually, this is the only point that I donít like about the N90III, it seems less solid (or more flexi) than the VTFZ and N90II and other hi-end rackets that I have used. But power the N90III has, and I can clear from baseline to baseline with ease.

Now, I am not a heavy hitter, so maybe I just couldnít swing the other rackets fast enough to bend them appreciably. I am interested to hear from other more experienced members once they have tried the N90III.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just ordered a pair via mbs, I hope I don't have to pay too much taxes on top of that since the price has already been far more than I'm used to pay for any racket.

How long does it usually take till delivery from mbs?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they usually dispatch withing 3-4 business days so with an upcoming weekend you should expect them to send the rackets somewhat tuesday-wednesday. The travel time must vary from the delivery type but shouldnt take longer then a week to germany even for a free one. Don't know the german tax policy but 500$ aint seem to be the kind of money to exceed the tax limit...
    Good going with nice rackets. What did you ask them to string em with?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    they usually dispatch withing 3-4 business days so with an upcoming weekend you should expect them to send the rackets somewhat tuesday-wednesday. The travel time must vary from the delivery type but shouldnt take longer then a week to germany even for a free one. Don't know the german tax policy but 500$ aint seem to be the kind of money to exceed the tax limit...
    Good going with nice rackets. What did you ask them to string em with?
    The tax limit is 22 euro/~$29 . It, again, just depends on what value is put on how much additional he will have to fork out (20% tax + clearance fee and possibly a little import tax). But yeah, even at this exchange rate that is still a lot of money (~Ä190!) so hope they are what sFrog is hoping them to be .
    Last edited by demolidor; 09-20-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast