User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karyaw View Post
    hahaa..really love the mx80 very much. Looking to solve the tiredness
    The problem is not with the racket. But it relies to the user. Improve your stamina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea..agree..i not saying the racket problem haha..need to improve my stamina too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linsanity View Post
    How does the 900P head weight feel compared to the MX-80? Does it feel heavier or light? Do you feel smashes easier to control in the 900P or MX-80? I would greatly appreciate your feedback!
    The MX-80 feels much less head heavy than the 900P. I actually find smashes easier to control and hit with the 900P. The MX-80 feels like a faster racquet but I don't consider it all that powerfull a racquet compared to other head heavy racquets. I really like the MX-80 for doubles but I wouldn't dream of using it in singles.

But yea, I don't feel the 900P is stiff enough for my liking.
    This is where you confuse me a bit. You mentioned that your swinge is slow. If this is the case a stiffer racquet will be detrimental to you unless you change your swing.

It just feels very head heavy. I do feel really inclined to get the MX-80 because of everyone's raving reviews, but I'm afraid it might be too similar to the 900P.
    Everyone's raving reviews is a terrible reason to buy a raquet you should really make the best effort you can into finding one you can try before you buy one. That said, you have nothing to worry about, the MX-80 feels nothing like the 900P.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind that there's no real proper Yonex-style 'head heavy' Victor rackets. They top out at a balance point of 300-305 which is nothing compared to the 900P and Voltrics at 315+.

After a 4 year break, the Victors you're going to love easily without too much of a learning curve are the BS11, MX60, MX70 and maybe the LYD.

If you've got a slow swing (as I do) you need some head heaviness or the shuttle just doesn't go anywhere. This is why I recommend the above as they all have a BP hovering around 300 and have a nicely matched stiffness to the design of the racket.

If you're young and fast and like a flat driving game, then by all means give the MX80 a go, but if that's not you then don't get it.

If you only want a small step away from the 900P, then if you want a faster racket try the LYD. If you want another potato masher like the 900P, then maybe look at the SW35 or 37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had good luck with Victor MX JJS.

I was very skeptical to player-endorsed rackets (gimmick alert), but I've got a good feeling when holding the racket in the store. And although I don't believe in graphene's magic, the racket really does feel magically solid and reinforced.

Clears and smashes are solid and controlled, nets are comfortable and somewhat accurate. Still, YMMV.

Previous rackets: MP99.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2