User Tag List

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 987 to 1,003 of 1012
  1. #987
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icey_drone View Post
    It's all between China and Korea

    Other nations are too weak in their womens. Denmark is the next contender but also short of good womens players. Then probably Indonesia, then Thailand
    i think Denmark has equal chance as Korea. their XD have better record against Xu/Ma and duoZ. Boe/Mo also very good.

    and don't write off Indonesia yet. their players showed positive results lately, including WS and WD. and not only Indonesia, the other countries' players also developed better and better.

    anytime China team underestimated their opponents, upset could just happen as what we seen in UC 2010. the team who want to win the SC really need to have quality players, solid team, and focus till the end of tournament.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 04-21-2013 at 10:52 AM.

  2. #988
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    but not that hard core
    usually they are more passive.
    never ever expect this before. always thought that lin dan is some kind of "national enemy" in Malaysia.

  3. Likes limsy liked this post
  4. #989
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    JPN WS is doing a THA WS. Very similar and rapid progress. So refreshing.

    Should I do those sentences haiku-style?
    Just what I had been thinking. There have been parallels in their improvement of the WS section.
    Wasn't trying to be nosy about Nozomi, but I'm still smarting from the fact that sweet-faced Cookie has not made it back into the first team.
    If you wish, that would be interesting.
    cobalt had attempted it once before, I think.
    Seen the poems a few times on TV, but I don't really know what constitues a haiku, except that it is a three-liner.

  5. #990
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    27,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Just what I had been thinking. There have been parallels in their improvement of the WS section.
    Wasn't trying to be nosy about Nozomi, but I'm still smarting from the fact that sweet-faced Cookie has not made it back into the first team.
    If you wish, that would be interesting.
    cobalt had attempted it once before, I think.
    Seen the poems a few times on TV, but I don't really know what constitues a haiku, except that it is a three-liner.
    Haikus are written in 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables, so your was not quite one but stylized towards it.

    Poor cookie, she has been left behind. Any signs of improvement?

  6. #991
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Haikus are written in 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables, so your was not quite one but stylized towards it.

    Poor cookie, she has been left behind. Any signs of improvement?
    Don't know, but this should be the latest list:

    http://www.badminton.or.jp/national/2013member.pdf

    Shoji Sato seems to have retired, and Mami Naito and Shizuka Matsuo must have split.

  7. #992
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    juz want to share.

    the videos are uploaded onto youtube already
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JE9C1S2yo4

    the rest u can search for it in his video collection

  8. Likes cobalt liked this post
  9. #993
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks. but only for a few minutes. would love to see the full length video.

  10. #994
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi kwun.
    he has the full match but he split them up into parts.
    its all there.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/steven3a9297/videos

  11. Likes thanh_vn liked this post
  12. #995
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    never ever expect this before. always thought that lin dan is some kind of "national enemy" in Malaysia.
    <====number one enemy in malaysia.

  13. #996
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Don't know, but this should be the latest list:

    http://www.badminton.or.jp/national/2013member.pdf

    Shoji Sato seems to have retired, and Mami Naito and Shizuka Matsuo must have split.
    Shoji sato is now the WS coach for Japan, he was coaching S. Takahashi at the semi final game against LXR. There was another coach from unisys badminton club giving his advice as well.

  14. #997
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ah tat View Post
    hi kwun.
    he has the full match but he split them up into parts.
    its all there.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/steven3a9297/videos
    cool!

    i think he was still in the process uploading them when i looked!

  15. #998
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    ---snip----
    cobalt had attempted it once before, I think.
    ---snip----
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Haikus are written in 3 lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables, so your was not quite one but stylized towards it.

    ---snip---
    What a nice polite way to tell cobalt that his attempts are sweet fanny adams! Makes me feel blue all over.

    The sky is cryin', see
    Mah own Ma's turned against me
    -"Go back to the world."

    If Cohen ever lays eyes on this, he'll come after me with an axe.

  16. #999
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    27,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    What a nice polite way to tell cobalt that his attempts are sweet fanny adams! Makes me feel blue all over.

    The sky is cryin', see
    Mah own Ma's turned against me
    -"Go back to the world."

    If Cohen ever lays eyes on this, he'll come after me with an axe.
    Don't you mean cobalt?

    And so he should, Mr. 5-time Juno winner

  17. Likes cobalt liked this post
  18. #1000
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Denmark is obviously weaker in ms, ws and wd as compared with China. As for Korea, China is stronger in ms, wd, ws and xd. I agree ZZ did not play well in this tournament but they can turn on in a short time especially in the big tournament. I have no doubt they will win if these two pairs meet again. LXR has showed signs of recovery. MD is the only one where Korea has chance to beat China.

  19. #1001
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    Shoji sato is now the WS coach for Japan, he was coaching S. Takahashi at the semi final game against LXR. There was another coach from unisys badminton club giving his advice as well.
    So that's where he has been this while.
    Not a bad job too, getting to travel around the world barking orders (Just joking, he looks seriously nice).
    And having a host of talented players to choose from.
    I believe it has always been one national coach and one company coach who accompany them.

  20. #1002
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ah tat View Post
    juz want to share.

    the videos are uploaded onto youtube already
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JE9C1S2yo4

    the rest u can search for it in his video collection
    Thanks for the link!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    thanks. but only for a few minutes. would love to see the full length video.
    Usually I will stick the fragments together if I like the video.

  21. #1003
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    What a nice polite way to tell cobalt that his attempts are sweet fanny adams! Makes me feel blue all over.

    The sky is cryin', see
    Mah own Ma's turned against me
    -"Go back to the world."

    If Cohen ever lays eyes on this, he'll come after me with an axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Don't you mean cobalt?

    And so he should, Mr. 5-time Juno winner
    You guys are getting more and more cryptic, almost leaving me clueless save for the words Cohen and Juno.
    Oh well, tomorrow is the India Open. No end to badminton action.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •