Carlton Aerogear 800 fx information & racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simon P, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Simon P

Simon P New Member

Telecommunications Engineer
    Hello,

I am looking for a back up racket to an old Carlton Aerogear 800 fx which I think is on its way out now.

I am 26 and have been playing badminton for 3 years 2 to 3 times a week. I play mostly doubles to an average standard and I have finally found a racket I really get on with. This was a second hand £20 impulse buy on ebay that i had re-strung @ 24lbs after using my dads Carlton aerogear 700fx.
    I know these rackets are going on 15 years old now but I really cannot find anything that feels as subtle/nimble that provides me with decent power.

Previous rackets have included:

Ashaway T5 - too head light
    Carlton Vapour Trail Tour (more ££ does not always = better) - feels like a cricket bat compared to the 800fx.
    Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash: (borrowed from a friend for a couple of games/days. I liked it but it still feels heavy?)

So I am really looking for any information on the Carlton Aerogear 800fx (around 1997 i think. lol) regarding flex, balance and weight so I can try and find a similar racket.

All help, Input and recommendations welcome.

Thank you

2. Simon P

Simon P New Member

Telecommunications Engineer
    118 views and no reply :crying:.

Ok then... Well, I think I am looking for a very light, stiff and head heavy racket. Any suggestions?

I can only come up with the Victor MX80 & AT900P at the moment. I would prefer a larger grip size too as I have rather large hands.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Ever thought of using a kitchen scale :D? The other two aspects seem to be quite stiff and headheavy indeed, which makes it surprising the Tour feels like a cricket bat. Measure the length as well, probably ~665mm if not distorted by stringing.
    If the 1000FX was described as "an astonishing 85gr. back then", it is not likely the 800FX will be lighter [​IMG]

#3 demolidor, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  4. Andrew fisher1

Andrew fisher1 New Member

Simon i have an 800 if you want to buy it ? Needs new grip but strings ok.. i live in marlow