Yonex Voltric 9 (3U) vs z-force (4U)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by henrylau, Feb 6, 2013.

1. henrylau

henrylau New Member

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and needing some help on choosing a racket.

I brought my Voltric 9 Ltd from Direct Sports 6 months ago, I am quite happy with Voltric 9 Ltd, like the smashing power.

Sometimes I have slight shoulder pain and muscle gets pretty tired after playing for 2 hours, guess being a 3U racket.

I am thinking if I should upgrade from Voltric 9 (3U) to Z-force (4U), both being a head heavy racket and a 4U racket will be lighter.

any comments will be greatly appreciated :):):)

2. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    from vt9 to z force is certainly a great upgrade... i think u shud try out z force 3U because z force 3U will have faster swing speed.... im an user of Voltric 9 ltd too :)

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If you have that pain, i guess it would be better for you to stick with VTZF 4U. It is quite forgiving racket, fast and powerful too. I really love that racket ..

4. henrylau

henrylau New Member

Thanks guys for the reply :)I was holding VT9 and Z Force, the Z force has a much heavier head then VT9. I guess the defense will be slightly slower as compensated by having greater smashing power. With the Vtzf, I heard the sweet spot is smaller than other Yonex rackets, is it true?I am also considering VT80 as an alternative to VTZF.

5. colefaok

colefaok New Member

CEO
    me too, It is quite forgiving racket, fast and powerful too. I really love that racket . thank you [​IMG]

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why did you get a VT9 in the first place??? For the paintjob of the LTD?

The best way to deal with shoulder pain is of course to get a much headheavier and stiffer racket [​IMG]?

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I think it's because of the lower static weight that he thinks it will be easier on his arm. From experience I'll tell you the actual swing weight is still higher and thus will be harder on your arm than using the voltric 9.