User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally playing where the opponent players unconventional mixed, i.e. when the lady stands at the front even when they have lifted, it is so easy to beat them, why?

When they play unconventionally its because they don't know how to play mixed and most likely because the female is very weak. When attacking, smashing straight is generally the most common shot to play, avoid drops, especially slow drops. If you're under pressure but still want to play an attacking shot, straight punch clear. When smashing, especially if you've worked out that the female's defensive is weak, a smash down the middle will also work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by josephdk View Post
    I was playing mixed doubles the other day but I lost really badly. It was the first time I felt that frustrated. Im going to play another one coming up so what should I do. She stands at the net rarely moving back but goes for the drop shots and kills. Should I smash a lot, play drops from the back, crosscourt a lot?
    Honestly speaking seeing that kind of front-back formation in mixed doubles just makes me sad. The tactic itself is totally outdated. You both should just stick with the usual doubles rotation where the female tries to cover the front ONLY during your ATTACK. If the opponent tries to push the female at the rearcourt then she should handle it, it gives you both a better chance of winning the rally. If you both are still holding the front-back formation even during defense, then that's just stupid. How do you expect to defend a smash by yourself in the doubles court. A smash in doubles is usually very fast and even a dive to defend wouldn't be sufficient.

So if your female partner can only handle the front then maybe you should get rid of her. That stupid formation would only work on a club level of play, no offense.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3rt View Post
    Thanks for the tipp, I will try to do this. Mostly at a low level of play I noticed the female stays at the net even after lifting the shuttle, instead of a defensive position. You think a fast drop to the side lanes would also work?

yes - perfect shot is fast drop/stick smash so you can maximise accuracy and hit the tramlines. there is no way the dude can cover both tramlines at mid court.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    yes - perfect shot is fast drop/stick smash so you can maximise accuracy and hit the tramlines. there is no way the dude can cover both tramlines at mid court.
    Thanks, I'd rather do that, instead of always hitting a hard smash into the woman's face - like suggested earlier in this thread -, who is standing very close to the net... May be an effective way to win a match in a tournament, but not really nice if you're playing friendly matches with people you know.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3rt View Post
    Thanks, I'd rather do that, instead of always hitting a hard smash into the woman's face - like suggested earlier in this thread -, who is standing very close to the net... May be an effective way to win a match in a tournament, but not really nice if you're playing friendly matches with people you know.
    If the woman is going to stand there all the time, there is only one way that she is gonna learn not to!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    If the woman is going to stand there all the time, there is only one way that she is gonna learn not to!
    I think she gets it after 1 smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the UK normally to ability of the women is a lot less than the man. If this is a the case, play off the women if you have tight drops. If you play a tight drop against a weak women she will either play a weak net shot which should hopefully be attacked by your partner or she will lift giving you the opportunity to smash at her.

In addition, in mixed i love to do a fast attacking cross court clear, most men don't expect it and i get a weak badminton return which is smashable or my partner gets an easy kill. If these 2 methods don't work, push to the midcourt sides to make your opponent lift and smash into the open space and as the women normally only cover a small semi circle around her smash to the sides. Normally causing the man to lift then reply with a crosscourt smash at the women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that I can't choose my partner and usually she is kind of old. Sorry for the use of words, so she can't run and can only stay at the front.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't have to run. When your side lifts/clears, she has several seconds to get to the x-court defensive position. This is less than a couple of racket-lengths from the 'T'.

From there, if she can intercept the shuttle without having to move further from the net, it's her shot. If she would otherwise have to move backwards, it's your shot.

When your opposition lift/clear, she has several seconds to get into a complementary attacking position. Again, this is close to the 'T'. If you play a drop off this, she has a further second to adjust her position closer to the net.

At a former club of mine, there's a lady in her 60s, who can serve, defend smashes, play net shots and pushes. Despite this limited repertoire, she is a formidable XD player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drops to the side lanes most likely won't result in winners, when I am feeling especially sadistic I also power smash down the middle, which usually results in a squeal and the female player using the racket to block her face. They usually learn fast after that to not hog that particular spot when they are defending.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2