User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teabagbill View Post
    That doesn't mean I need to agree with said explanation. Not taking jan to this while knowing that germany had stronger players in both mens and womens singles left denmark no lee way at all. It was conceited of them to think they would win while fielding a weak squad.

European team championships isn't a training camp and nor should it be treated as such.
    Actually, HK is the same level as Marc, and had a superior 4-2 record over him.

I had the tie scored like this before play:

Schenk v Kjærsfeldt 80-20
    Zwiebler v HK 50-50
    Juliane/Birgit v Christina/Kamilla 30-70
    Ingo/Johannes v Matthias/Carsten v 25-75
    Michael/Birgit v Joachim/Christina 25-75

Juliane was always going to win the first match.
    2nd match was a 50-50
    The failures for Denmark started really in game 3, the Women's doubles should have been won by Denmark, Schenk had already played and Birgit was injured! There really is no excuse here!
    Matthias & Carsten would probably have won the Doubles, and the mixed would have assured a 3-2 victory.

IMO, Denmark were right to leave behind both Baun and Jørgensen, they had enough in the doubles to win. Anyway, they'll re group and be back for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teabagbill View Post
    That doesn't mean I need to agree with said explanation. Not taking jan to this while knowing that germany had stronger players in both mens and womens singles left denmark no lee way at all. It was conceited of them to think they would win while fielding a weak squad.

European team championships isn't a training camp and nor should it be treated as such.

Zwiebler v HK 50-50

2nd match was a 50-50
    The failures for Denmark started really in game 3, the Women's doubles should have been won by Denmark, Schenk had already played and Birgit was injured! There really is no excuse here!
    Matthias & Carsten would probably have won the Doubles, and the mixed would have assured a 3-2 victory.

IMO, Denmark were right to leave behind both Baun and Jørgensen, they had enough in the doubles to win. Anyway, they'll re group and be back for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zwiebler v HK 50-50

2nd match was a 50-50

IMO, Denmark were right to leave behind both Baun and Jørgensen, they had enough in the doubles to win. Anyway, they'll re group and be back

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Times three for extra emphasis

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Times three for extra emphasis
    There is a noticable lag at many times recently, more pronounced when replying with quote; the page does not begin to refresh and people hit the "Post Quick Reply" button again... and again...

I think the glitch will get cleared soon enough...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    There is a noticable lag at many times recently, more pronounced when replying with quote; the page does not begin to refresh and people hit the "Post Quick Reply" button again... and again...

I think the glitch will get cleared soon enough...
    Yeah the lag is frustrating, but not nearly as frustrating as no being alerted to new posts (still haven't received an email for the replies in this thread

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yeah the lag is frustrating, but not nearly as frustrating as no being alerted to new posts (still haven't received an email for the replies in this thread
    Yeah, I know... I think it will take a few days to clear up... but you should be able to get real-time notifications in the top menu on this page when you're log in, though!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to my BC experience . It randomly lags every day for years now, I have posted about it before and seem to be the only one with the specific problem that it will simply time out from loading at random. Through 3 different ISPs and two computers with different modems, routers and cables.
    As for notifications: turned that off a looooong time ago, now getting spammed with quote notifications ...
    But this weekend there seem to be some issues yes, site was unavailable for a while as well at some point.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEN losing the WS and MS to GER wasn't totally unexpected but for the Danish WD Christina/Kamilla to do so to the scratched pair of Schenk/Birgit was shocking to me. Great job, Germany.

DEN without Peter Gade and Tine Baun will need their new blood to step up to the plate quicker, though JOJ and HKV aren't exactly new. I supposed Christina/Kamilla was under tremendous pressure to deliver in a must-win situation and couldn't handle it well. Either DEN were overconfident and overrated themselves or underestimated their opponents as a team. Team events are known to have a different 'logic' and game plan from individual championships.

There is always a first for everything. I believe DEN would come away drawing valuable lessons from this sensational loss and profit from it in future.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9