Junior Lessons in Richmond Hill?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by onacould, Feb 9, 2013.

1. onacould

onacould New Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a place for junior lessons in the Richmond Hill area? Looking for something for a total beginner. Age 6. More about introducing the game and having fun than anything too serious at this point.

Thanks in advance.

2. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    Try Alfred (416 509 9288), I met some of the kids that have lessons with him, they have so much fun and they progress quite quickly.

3. mysosofly

mysosofly Regular Member

4. kungfugrip919

kungfugrip919 Regular Member

I would recommend Alfred as well. I trained with him from age 11-17 when I was playing junior tournaments way back in the day. In the past 6 months ive seen coaches around coaching at agincourt, everyday etc etc and these guys have no idea what they are doing lol

5. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    I agree with kungfugrip919. I play at Everyday occasionally. Some of those guys really have no idea how to coach. I saw Alfred feeding birds to a couple of adults once. Does he coach adults?

6. kungfugrip919

kungfugrip919 Regular Member

Im sure he does. Ask him when you see him. I dont see why he would turn down business right?

But yea i dont know where all these so called coaches come from. You know the coach sucks when u see him training someone who isnt even holding the right grip but yet they dont tell them and just feed birds to them.

That being said if this means anything. When I was training with Alfred I was top12 in the province OBA ranked in my respective age groups. Played U14 U16 U19. I played singles, doubles and mix so I am telling you Alfred is good to go.

7. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Try Suria near Hw7 and Woodbine, a small dedicated training facility.

8. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    Thanks Kungfugrip919, my friend in his mid 40s recently got really interested in badminton, and would like to take some lessons. I will past on the message to him. Thanks again for the recommendation. I might try myself as well.. :)