User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recommend Badminton Racket

Hey BC-ers,

I've been training/playing persistently for some time now, and while I know that the player matters more than his racket, I am also a badminton fan. Recently I've been more active on these forums because I wanted to move on to 'fancier' stuff to cater to that sensationalist, fun, side of the game. Which means that I would love to play with the racket of a player I idolize. The thing is I don't know much about rackets and every time the chance comes up I'll let it pass because I simply do not know whether it suits me.

The rackets I normally play with are Yang Yang Fearless Series, the most low end racket among all my peers. Yet when I try their rackets, sometimes it just doesn't feel good. Here are some details but do ask if you need more to offer better recommendations.

• Shaft: 6.8-7mm, high module 24 tonne graphite, nano carbon (do these matter? I kinda feel the difference between 6.8 and 7mm though, as I have 2 rackets with different thickness.)
    • Tension: 26-28lbs
    • Weight: 85g +/-1
    • Balance Point (not sure what this means): 285+/-5
    • Frame: Multi Angle Graphite Frame + Slim Frame + High Tension
    • Spring: 22x22 (?)
    • Flex: High (9.0 I think)

Other things:

• Aero Speed AD (Attack & Defense) (What's this? How is a racket rated for attack or defense?)
    • 76 Holes (Does this matter?)

Many thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, seems there is a dedicated forum for this. I'll repost in the proper forum. Admins can delete this.