User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool man, super keen to hear what you think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some pictures to start with:

Name:  IMG_3138.JPG
Views: 1707
Size:  65.0 KBName:  IMG_3139.JPG
Views: 1911
Size:  87.7 KBName:  IMG_3140.JPG
Views: 1651
Size:  68.6 KBName:  IMG_3141.JPG
Views: 1632
Size:  53.0 KBName:  IMG_3142.JPG
Views: 1609
Size:  26.5 KB

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is is black with that green/blue colour shift paint?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's mostly green and blue(ish) with white markings and silver shining writing. It feels light (as expected with 84G as weight) but clearly head heavy, even when holding it in your hands. You can feel the head of the racket moving around, which is a big difference with the even balanced Vapour Trail Tour. I do expect the swing speed to be quite high, because it's more aerodynamic and has a much smaller frame than the Vapour Trail Tour.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! Looking forward to the review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rackets plays well. It feels quite head heavy indeed, but it swings fast. The head heavyness of the racket makes clears and smashes very effortless and smashes feel very powerful.

Compared to the Vapour Trail Tour I'd say that it takes a little time to get used to the timing of the shots, mostly on defence. The defence is quite ok with this racket, it's easy enough to manouver around, but even so you can feel it is heady heavy on this aspect of play.

I'm quite content with the racket! It plays like a Vapour Trail Tour, only with more power in the overhead shots and it's still quite fast and easy to defend with due to the aerodynamic qualities of the frame.

I hope this helps a little!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you measure the balance point and swing weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to hear your opinion on the feedback (vibration) you get..
    Thanks in advance ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odmar_nl View Post
    The rackets plays well. It feels quite head heavy indeed, but it swings fast. The head heavyness of the racket makes clears and smashes very effortless and smashes feel very powerful.

Compared to the Vapour Trail Tour I'd say that it takes a little time to get used to the timing of the shots, mostly on defence. The defence is quite ok with this racket, it's easy enough to manouver around, but even so you can feel it is heady heavy on this aspect of play.

I'm quite content with the racket! It plays like a Vapour Trail Tour, only with more power in the overhead shots and it's still quite fast and easy to defend with due to the aerodynamic qualities of the frame.

I hope this helps a little!
    how do you mean "timing" issues. as bad as z-slash

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original Kinesis swings extremely fast. I reckon this frame type is a step above Bravesword series and even ZS in speed. Timing issues are to be expected of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general: vibration of the badminton racket is not an issue.

After playing with it more often now, I start liking the racket more and more. The racket head moves very fast, making play around the net easy. The overhead shots are quite powerful (I'm loving it).

The timing issues are mostly an issue with the overhead shots (timing my swing motion wrong with smashes and with blocks). That however was resolved with two playing sessions.

Then again I also loved the z-slash. I do feel that this is an easier racket to use, due to the shape of the racket head and I like the fact that is medium flex (for my playing style).

I'll try to measure the balance point!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just played with the X70.

So far, I'm very impressed. I thought the racket would be too light for powerful smashes, but I was so wrong. Seems to suit my game nicely.

Next test would be a restring to my normal zm65 strings. Default strings seemed ok, but I'm not so sure about the paint they use for their logo.

Also, directbadminton.co.uk are doing it for just under 100 with free extras, down from something like 115.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the review. By the way, has anyone encountered problems like with the old Kinesis in that the frame snaps rather easily? I hope not!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the X70 for nearly a month now.

Some additional notes, if you bend the racket in your hand, the flex is right near the top of the shaft. In fact the frame flexes more than I've seen on any other racket.

Stringing wise, the groove or arches on the side of the racket are not symmetrical, so you need to string a certain way round. As a learner stringer, this caught me out. Nice attention to detail from Carlton.

I was undecided on XCelerate 67, I'm convinced that the thick paint used for their logo affected this string. In the end, I've replaced it with ZM65.

Now I'm in a dilemma, I want to try a slightly heavier Kinesis, but I fear the X80 is too heavy and the X90 is too stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The frame is thinner, so I have the feeling you could try out a stiffer frame without it being too noticeable. I'm more worried about the stability, since the racket feels great in every other way (Though I couldn't test it for long). Hopefully I'll be getting an opportunity to test it thoroughly soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have anyone try the X90? How is it compared to the Voltric 80 or the Victor Meteor X60? I'm currently playing with the Voltric 80 PG and looking for a backup racket but would like to try other brand than Yonex. There is currently a sweet deal on the Kinesis X90 so I'm a bit leaning towards it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just purchased Kinesis X-80 racquets after using Air Blade As-ti racquets for years.
    I could not believe the difference during singles play. My clears are effortless and my smashes are definitely more powerful. The same with drives and pushes.

Al in all I'm very happy with my purchase and cannot wait to get back to playing tournaments again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast