WTB: Carlton Megaflex F1 Ti (UK buyer)

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post' started by mishta, Feb 13, 2013.

1. mishta

mishta Regular Member

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if anyone had one/more of these gathering dust that they are happy to part with.

Many Thanks

2. dadoc2001

dadoc2001 Regular Member

Good luck with that mate! I used to have 4 of these and absolutely loved them!!! Eventually they all died and could not get them for love nor money.Ironically I know of a guy who still has two. Will he part with them? Absolutely not!!!! Tried along time ago but with no success. There is gold at the end of the rainbow though - while it took a while I found new weapons that fitted the bill - look fo med flex/balanced combo and mid eighties weight. Perfect Carlton replacement of 'today' is the Vapour Trail Tour

3. mishta

mishta Regular Member

I have found a couple of websites that actually have new (must be old really) stock of these rackets.

One is in America, they want £80 a racket and then the stupid US - UK delivery charges.

The other is in Portugal, the rackets are a little cheaper but they will only accept a direct bank transfer as payment, so I am not happy to go down that route either.

Many thanks for the recommendation of the VTT. I will certainly take a look at that. I was also wondering about the Kinesis, as I was hoping that the frame technology may make up for the slightly larger head. The one thing I like about the MF1Ti is the classic head being smaller, as I find Iso heads feel unwieldy and don't give up such a nice feel from the shuttle.

4. dadoc2001

dadoc2001 Regular Member

I too would be wary about bank transfers - I don't think you have much comeback if it goes 'tits up' if you pardon the saying. I loved my Megaflex's and took a while to find a good replacement. It also took a while to adjust to new rackets once I'd chosen them and plumped for Wilson K Braves. I bought 5 but the last 4 seasons have taken their toll and I am down to my last 1. Brilliant they were but the new search started and bought 2 Ashaway Viper Xt1000's. A different combo being stiff and head heavy so did struggle to begin with. Unfortunately a racket collision with a less experienced player led to one dying after only a couple of weeks use.
    I'm back playing with my last Brave and loving it. New Ashaway still sitting bagged up but don't want to bring it out - decided to sell it and get a med flex/mid balance pair of VTT's once I get a sale and proceeds from it. That said I have recently bought a Carlton VT Ignite med flex/h.heavy (ok but not setting me on fire - get it!) and awaiting delivery of a Carlton Air Rage med flex/h.light!!! Prob would have been less hassle and money buying the Tours but finding the new weapon is part of the fun. Try a few mates rackets and see what you like. The F1ti is easily 12+ years old. Technology has come along way and while a pure hit might feel better the technology in iso and optimetric heads will support off centre hits much better. All the best mate whatever you choose:)