User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DRAW of GERMAN Open GP Gold 2013

Here's the draw as published through BWF website today : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=428450&tid=1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another opportunity for MAS XD to take the title in the absence of CHN pairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite a good turn out. Great participation in this tourney despite GP status

China showing relatively good support sending Chen Long, Li Xuerui and Wang Yihan

While Korea also sending Lee Yong Dae and Ko Sung Hyun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit surprised China is sending so many top players with the All England right around the corner. They may be physically tired after the German Open.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China has been a good supporter of the GO in the past, I think they use it to get prepared for the European conditions plus there is a little marketing event by Li-Ning on semi-finals day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't get over the MD team they sent. It is so strange, Hong Wei playing with Chai Biao?? Both of those are smashing backcourt players.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no participant in Women's Singles category from India. I am extremely puzzled to know why India is not sending its second rung of players like P.C.Thulasi and some other players atleast to gain more experience . I am totally disappointed with the way they are handling things in badminton nowadays.

Even more puzzled about prajaktha sawant and Jwala gutta. They did not participate even after so many fights with the BAI . Strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    China has been a good supporter of the GO in the past, I think they use it to get prepared for the European conditions plus there is a little marketing event by Li-Ning on semi-finals day.
    Do you have some more information about that? It's YONEX German Open, why Li-Ning does have a marketing event?
    I'm curious

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can test some of their rackets on saturday before the event starts so I guess it will be in the training hall. There will be some players of the Chinese National team present as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    You can test some of their rackets on saturday before the event starts so I guess it will be in the training hall. There will be some players of the Chinese National team present as well.
    Sounds pretty nice. Where do you got this information from?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping Jordan/Vita could shine in this tourney, meeting up with CPS/GLY is a very valuable experience, indeed....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some players withdrew according to ts com latest updated : Ashton Chen Yongzhao (SIN), Henri Hurskainen (SWE), Minatsu Mitani (JPN), Nozomi Okuhara (JPN), Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif/Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari (MAS), etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't quite understand how the notion points are calculated. Are they calculated differently for different event (depends on organiser)?

In the Korea & MAS Open, when China mixed and match different players (eg. Bao YX/Tian Q[5], Zhang Nan/Tang JH[5], Shu Chen/Zhao YL[6], etc), some get seeded.

Whereas in this German GPG, Qiu ZH/Zhao YL and Zhang Nan/Tang JH and Shu Cheng/Zhao YL have to play in the qualification round. All these China players are quite high ranking with another partner in their doubles ranking. Shu Cheng/Zhao YL are seeded 6 in Korea PSS, and here in German GPG, they have to play in qualifier ???

Anyone have the answer?
    Last edited by Jimmy_Goh; 02-25-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    I don't quite understand how the notion points are calculated. Are they calculated differently for different event (depends on organiser)?

In the Korea & MAS Open, when China mixed and match different players (eg. Bao YX/Tian Q[5], Zhang Nan/Tang JH[5], Shu Chen/Zhao YL[6], etc), some get seeded.

Whereas in this German GPG, Qiu ZH/Zhao YL and Zhang Nan/Tang JH and Shu Cheng/Zhao YL have to play in the qualification round. All these China players are quite high ranking with another partner in their doubles ranking. Shu Cheng/Zhao YL are seeded 6 in Korea PSS, and here in German GPG, they have to play in qualifier ???

Anyone have the answer?
    AFAIK, notion points for double event are calculated like that:

1. If the double players do not have ranking points, the points are calculated from mixing of highest individual points.

For example, Bao Yixin / Tian Q 's points in KOR Open are calculated from
    Bao Yixin's point from her pairing with Zhong Q.
    Tian Q's point from her pairing with Zhao Yunlei

I do not exactly remember the formula, but something like
    4/10 * player1's point + 4/10 * player2's point

2. If the pair has ranking point, but played less that 6 times (or 8?? do not remember exactly the number). Multiple the current ranking point as notion point

3. If the pair has already played more than 6 (8??), the ranking point is used then.

The pair will have ranking point, if they have played at least 2 times.

That's the case for your question.
    They played for the first time and second time in Korea and Malaysia. Case 1.
    Case 2 is for this German GPG.

Please CMIIW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post

Anyone have the answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.bulutangkis View Post
    AFAIK, notion points for double event are calculated like that:

1. If the double players do not have ranking points, the points are calculated from mixing of highest individual points.

For example, Bao Yixin / Tian Q 's points in KOR Open are calculated from
    Bao Yixin's point from her pairing with Zhong Q.
    Tian Q's point from her pairing with Zhao Yunlei

I do not exactly remember the formula, but something like
    4/10 * player1's point + 4/10 * player2's point

2. If the pair has ranking point, but played less that 6 times (or 8?? do not remember exactly the number). Multiple the current ranking point as notion point

3. If the pair has already played more than 6 (8??), the ranking point is used then.

The pair will have ranking point, if they have played at least 2 times.

That's the case for your question.
    They played for the first time and second time in Korea and Malaysia. Case 1.
    Case 2 is for this German GPG.

Please CMIIW
    Frankly, I think it is about time to re-visit the notion points calculation again. The 'new' China pairs may not be good to win the title now, but I felt they should at least be in the main draw based on their strength in other Doubles Rankings.
    I believe not many top pairings fancy meeting the 'new' China pairs in early rounds!