User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U can consider to try the Li Ning NSX0 -String line, especially the NS30 is very popular atm(http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-Strings/page9 ) and you can buy it in Germany as well.
    Last edited by greblu; 02-19-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Tomorrow I visit my stringer. I will choose between BG80, NBG99 or Micro Power. Really heard no good things about BG80P.
    Is there any rule like thinner/thicker strings held tension longer/better?
    I will definitly go for 30 x 32. I need such tension, because I benifit the most at around 29lbs to 31lbs.
    Here in germany these exotic strings aren't popular and there is no huge market like in asia. 98% of players I knew and our stringer at the club use BG65. The average tension here of club players is only 20 to 22lbs and they are cheap. They only do a new string job if a string breaks.
    i would stick to BG80. i play 28lbs and it keeps the tension pretty well.

don't understand your last sentence: imho it is pretty standard to only restring, when a string breaks. strings break so fast anyways that anything else would be burning money...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday at the training, I fired some canonballs with the NBG99. I hit a girl who was not amused about the bruise at her left arm.
    It's a promising string, but I will need some time to have a clue of every aspects. A detailed review and comparison with BG80 and BG66UM will follow.

@ zombie0517

Yes, I will give Micro Power a try. I'm actually at a phase of experiments.

@ greblu

Thanks for your advice, but I think I will skip Li Ning strings, atm. I have no reason for this, but atm I have so much strings which I want to try out. So Li-Ning must to queue up.

@ |_Footwork_|

Yes, I know that BG80 is a excellent string, it was years ago my go to, but not tried at 30 x 32 until yesterday. Last time was at 26 x 28, more than 1 year ago. Then I changed to thinner strings (BG66UM, NBG98) for a period and increased tenison.
    You are right. It's burning money, but some strings like BG65, VS850 and BG66UM lose tension really quickly, so I can't wait until it breaks.
    Especially the feel of a fresh BG66UM is so incredible IMO, but this feeling is after some sessions gone.
    Yes it's wasting money, so I opened this thread to find a better holding tension string.
    It's for me very frustrating to use a string which feels dull and lost it's feel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2