Nice to meet you

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by Cheung, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thomas,

Nice to meet up with you. Do you know I forgot to get my camera out and have a picture with you? So 'blurr' of me:rolleyes:

hope there will be another opportunity in the future;)

I watched Carsten and Jim play against Jens/Martin. Carsten and Jim are very impressive.

Carsten has a wry sense of humour when he broke his string and vented his frustration with a hip and racquet movement;) It was even funnier when the Umpire called Carsten over to reprimand him and Jim indicated to the Umpire, "he is only changing the racquet!" hahaha.

I should have shouted out to Carsten to do it again:D

2. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hey Cheung

Yeah it was also nice to meet you. Always nice to put a face on people when you are writing with them.

I must agree on the situation with Carsten it was very funny but the referee wasn`t that glad, but Carsten were over there after to apolygise.

Well well, we are in Taiwan now and preparing for the tournament. The last days we have practiced once a day, because there is many of us who has some small injuries but nothing serious. i`m playing tomorrow against Lopez anf Crespo from Spain, looking forward to play again and hopefully go through to the second round.

Hope to see you again, maybe next year in Hong Kong.

Thomas

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Good luck for the match.

I think it would be nice NOT to meet your teammates so early again. But this time you'll probably have to meet Sigit/Trikus or Yoo/Lee.

From my observation, the Indonesians are weaker becuase of Trikus. Maybe because of the new partnership and he's usually been playing mixed doubles.

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I hope I can fly to Taipei this weekend and watch the semi-finals and finals (hope your and JR are still playing) ... but unfortunately someone here can't let me go ... :)

I saw you chatted with Cheung but since I didn't have a pass, I cannot come down to that area. It was too bad that I missed the chance to say hello to you.

Wish you and JR have good results in Taipei Open and China Open.