what to replace Rbravesword 09

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mzheng168, Feb 16, 2013.

1. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

hi guys,
    need you help to decide what to get next. I play mostly doubles. i am playing BS09 and like it a lot. i like the medium shaft, not stiff not soft but i would prefer just a little bit (only a little bit) of weight on the head and that would be perfect.

i have tried the victor mx60, the balance is perfect but didn't like the shaft. Then i tried the VT70 (4U), it's a great powerful racket and love the super slim bouncy shaft but i did feel it's just a little bit slow for fast exchange doubles though it's already a lot better than other head-heavy rackets.

i had a look at the Arcsaber 7 but not sure if it's any better than BS09. I don't really want to get the BS12 as the head even lighter than BS09?

all i want is a racket with medium shaft like BS09, with a little bit weight on top of the head. Any recommendations? Or should i just wait for the all new Adidas rackets to come out?:D

#1 mzheng168, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  2. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Give [MENTION=64484]j4ckie[/MENTION] a pm. He's also an ex Bs09 user... he'll be able to sort you out. My suggestion would be the RKEP XP70 and particularly XP80 which should be similar to Bs09 stiffness.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Wth triple post.........

#4 visor, Feb 16, 2013
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

Wth triple post.......

#5 visor, Feb 16, 2013
  6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks Visor, but i got the impression that XP80 is more or less to same as victor's mx60 which i don't really like that much...

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why don't you try it with some athletic tape strips on the top of the frame first like the "pro's" (like Lin Dan for example)

8. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i am now looking at this YEHLEX YX-VT 12 but never heard anybody used this before. i am also considering Li-ning N55II but worry that will be a bit to head-heavy and slow for doubles.:(

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Demolidor has a good suggestion to add wt to your current racket head.

If you still want to get another Bs09, you should first check your racket head's wt with a scale (bare unstrung no overgrip), then when you're at the store, you can select one that has a racket head heavier than your current one. Reason for doing this is to ensure that you get what you want and don't leave it up to chance.

#9 visor, Feb 16, 2013
  10. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the suggestion. but last time i tried with the tape on the top of the head, it just feel weird. i don't feel the swing is right for some reason. Maybe it's just psycological thing. Since then i never try to put anything on the frame but my only modification would be on the grip.

11. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    I suggest BS11 because it's an impressive racket for both singles and doubles. feeling is similar to BS09 but it is stiffer and capable of producing more power than BS09 if used correctly.

12. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i had tried my friend's BS11 and i didn't like it, it's too stiff for me. i don't like stiff racket in general...

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Voltric 70 if you're willing to deal with a bit of drop in speed. Medium flex shaft and slightly head heavy. Good power too.

14. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    Well, if you are the type which prefers power over control, I suggest Kason F9 as it is flexible and head heavy. Nice racket for smashing but net shots are compromised though.

15. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Have you try VT60, although is 4U but surprisingly powerful yet fast and with a forgiving shaft; often being overlooked.

Cheers

Ted

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I heard my name somewhere.....?
    If you really like the Bs09 that much, you should at least give the Bs12 a try. I am on my 3rd now and it's not head lighter than the Bs09, at least compared to a normal one (I also own a freakishly heavy Bs09 which -for me- is slower than my N90s).
    If you're unwilling to give that a whirl, the N55-II is definitely worth a try as well - it's rather well-balanced, not being too stiff for intermediate users, while being stiff enough to ensure good control, and has a great balance/weight as I found it to be very suitable for all 3 disciplines - making it a good all-around doubles racket and a somewhat quicker singles racket. Don't worry about it being too heavy, the one I tested was only a tad heavier than the Bs09, and would've become my go-to racket at that point if the price hadn't been on a completely different level than the Bs09...

17. jasonteo

jasonteo Regular Member

arcsaber 7 feels quite head light to me. Doesnt have that little weight you would like. if you worry about n55ii being too head heavy you could go for n50 or n50ii. in terms of head heaviness n55ii>n50ii>n50. N80 could be another choice too. Fast with a little bit of weight at the head for power. It has an aerodynamic frame similar to the bs series. Compared to n50ii its lighter and is less head heavy. But faster.

18. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks j4ckie . i might give the N55II a try but i just worry how much the defense is going to suffer...

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, to be blunt - if the N55II causes a noticeable drop in defensive capabilities the defense wasn't very strong to begin with. It's really rather maneuverable, and as I mentioned an off-spec Bs09 can be much clumsier. What people tend to forget is that a slightly head heavier racket will also produce more power on slower swings, so getting the defense long is actually easier at times than with a 'defensive' racket. The part that's crucial is getting the racket on the shot in the first place, but the N55II should really be quick enough for anyone. This really isn't a 87g+/300mm+ beast like the N90 or VT ZF.