VT70 Max String Tension?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zamrioo2, Feb 17, 2013.

1. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    Currently my VT70 is with BG66ultmx with tension 27lbs... but friend of mine claimed that VT70 should be 26lbs or lower as it is not same as VT80 which VT80 can be tension higher than 26lbs... is that true? what is the max tension for VT70?

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think it's possible to strung every 3U highend Yonex racket up to 30lbs and a bit more, but this depends mostly on your stringer, his machine, skill of stringing high tension and your racket. So a well experienced stringer is must have.
    Higher tension makes your racket more fragile and you count in breakage. A headheavy racket has more mass in the head, so it seems that there is more material and this means to could be stronger than a headlight one.
    A bad stringer can kill your racket at every tension.
    Take a look at YY professionals and their tensions. A lot of professional have racket strung at 30 lbs and beyond.
    But beware you must count in broken rackets, you will lost your warranty and no one can guarantee that your racket can take it.

Take a look for more informations: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...mmended-tension-of-24lbs-28lbs-or-above-30lbs