Victor Lightfighter Rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by imaz., Feb 17, 2013.

1. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

Anyone played with any of these rackets?, specs say its very light, around 77g. Released in January 2013.

2. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Lightfighter? My oh my Victor is having a doozy with these names, first Thruster 8000 then this.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've been handed three of them to test - the 7400, 7300 and 7000. They are incredibly light.

4. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

Mark A

what are your thoughts of the 7300? I'm looking for a budget head heavy racket and discovered this.

5. vudoo

vudoo Regular Member

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The 7400 is the most head heavy of them all, so I'd look at that one.

I'm testing the 7000 and 7400 tomorrow, but I have doubts that the 7400 will be able to cope with

a) the medium flex
    b) the head heavy balance

at such a low weight. I'm expecting plenty of flop and whip, to be honest.

7. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

I'll be looking forward to the results, still thinking of the 7300 due to budget.

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  9. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

When do you think the reviews will be up?

10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Imaz

I collect the rackets from mark on Monday. I'm at All Englands all week so it will be the following week when I test. Would you prefer I test 7300 first?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

11. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

Yes 7300 first if possible, thank you very much

12. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I'm very surprised that so many people are talking about the new Arc FB while almost nobody here is talking about the new Light Fighter series from Victor.

I don't know how Arc FB feels or plays like, but yesterday I had a session with the Light Fighter 7300. And it was INCREDIBLE FAST! :eek:
    It's really really light and really easy to move. If you're smashing from behind and the shuttle is coming back straight to you, you will be ready like never before to smash the shuttle again (and again and again...) :D

Of course it's obviously that there's not enough weight mass in the racket to make smashes like Lin Dan, but I don't think that's its target.
    I'd say it's for:
    Men's doubles
    Tactical play in singles - let's say if you're tired or still ill during a tournament

I'm really wondering how 7400 would play like because it's stated as very head heavy (and as light as the other Light Fighter models).

Oh and yes, the second thing you will notice besides the extremely light weight is the string pattern. The strings are much closer to each other. Unfortunately I didn't check if the head is smaller which would be a good explanation to this tight string pattern.
    I have no idea about stringing, but I guess it make it a little bit more difficult to string?

Whatever, it's a GREAT racket. Have a look at it. Especially if you're worrying about easy destroyable Arc FB :D

13. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

Thanks, I've been waiting so long for a review and never got it, ill hopefully be purchasing the racket soon

14. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You're welcome.

I don't wanna stop your purpose, but I just want to say that this short review - I'd rather call it "first impressions" - is pretty subjective. It's my own impression of this racket. And it was really a "first impression". I played ONE session with it.

So, please do not throw any tomato's or so after me if you're not satisfied with the new racket :p I recommend you to test it before purchasing it, because that's what I would do if I'm really going to target this racket.

Surprisingly the light fighter series are cheap everywhere. In Germany and surprisingly in Switzerland as well.

#14 Accordaz, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  15. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

Yeah, I can get the 7300 for £70 in the UK plus free re stringing

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I tested the 7400 and found it surprisingly good - it didn't rock and roll anywhere near as much as I was expecting, and it had a nice punchy feel for the weight. Looks good, too - reminiscent of the MX80. Coped perfectly well with its stated 12 kg maxium tension.

The 7000 was a different matter. Absolutely insane speed on the midcourt, but the lack of head weight left me unable to tell where the head was in relation to my body. A similar issue came up when I tried that Flash Boost Arcsaber.

I think these lightweight rackets really need some decent weight in the head to be of use - there is such a thing as too fast...

P.S. Three Lighterfighters, three different string patterns - very odd (the 7300's looks to be the best, for my money, and I'd never seen it before).

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for sharing, Mark A.
    You've said, 7300 has the best value. But if money shouldn't be an issue, would you prefer 7300 or 7400?
    If using 7400, do you have to sacrifice a lot of control and swing speed compared to 7300?

Or would you rather choose Arcsaber FB?

My seller haven't them in stock to test, so I may wait some weeks to test them since they seem to be very popular.

That's quiet cheap :eek:

#17 Accordaz, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Additional experiences:
    Absolutely not as tiring as conventional rackets when smashing. I just can reconfirm it again.
    Little lack of power when pushing in the mid court if wrist techniques are not proper and smooth yet (like me actually). This also means you rely a little bit on opponents strong pushes if you wanna push back fast. If you're really a pro player, forget this ;)

Defending in the area from belly to head is really comfortable since the racket is very light and you're really ready to block or push. But when smashes or pushes come to your forehand, you will need to adjust the timing. Especially if you're moving your body, the timing will be difficult to adjust and probably needs time to adapt.

Defending in the lower area, by that I mean lifting deep smashes, is only easy to execute. The results vary. Maybe my timings or positions were not ideal, but sometimes I had problems to lift the shuttle high and wide. Maybe it's just an illusion, but I think such "rescue-liftings" are worse with these light rackets because the shuttle don't fly fast and wide enough when not hitting sweetspot. For sure it's the same for conventional heavy rackets, but for me it was a little bit worse with this light racket.

Despite these little things, I was very pleased when testing this racket on a tournament :)
    This thing needs more attention :)

#18 Accordaz, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  19. imaz.

imaz. Regular Member

Ok, I've now looked at the Voltric 7 and I'm not sure what to pick out of these two rackets. I've heard good things about both and the V7 maybe not as light buy it is still a 4U. Anyone have any they prefer over the other?

Thanks, imaz

20. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I tested 7400 this week and really liked it. As Mark said, it's a bit of a surprise but the combination of light weight, head heavy, medium flex really works. The racket felt strong and fast and thankfully I could feel the head at all times.

I'll be writing a review over the week for launch weekend or early next week. Then I'll be testing either 7300 or 7000.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk