User Tag List

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Anup sridhar vs Hu Yun.. Since Tin Min Nyugen lost two times, the team has decided to give it to Anup sridhar it seems. Anup sridhar is much lower ranked to Hu Yun. So, it should be an easy victory to hu yun..
    one would think! but...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game won the Anup Sridhar.. Gained his form again after many years??? 21-12.. Let's see how he does in the second game..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big upset.. Anup sridhar won in straight games over Hu Yun.. Wow

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carolina vs Soldier..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akim1 View Post
    iBL so far

Teams screwed up auction big time. Their bidding strategy seemed a complete mess, with no expert knowledge of players capability.
    Players bought in a helter-skelter way without any considerations as to team composition.
    Argument: "The teams were also thinking in terms of marketability" Not true. We have seen by the team compositions so far that the franchises will go out of their skin to win the tournament. If a player sucks then he/she is not marketable.

Argument: "Noone knew the actual rules of the tournament" True. The teams might have been left in the dark regarding rules flr this tournament. They are still nowhere to be found. Also quite a lot of confusion regarding number of foreigners in line up, ability to play two matches within a tie, substitution of players in the roster and so on.
    Thus many teams realize that they have too expensive players on their roster. They have by chance made some great buys, and there is players that perhaps should have been coaches instead, i.e. Taufik who played like a joke and was humiliated in his match, but has been doing all the singles coaching.

Foreign players anggry as some teams try to shortchange them for money due to the decrease in value of rupees.

All players unhappy with travel arrangements.

IBL definately a succes despite all these problems. Badmintainment is going on and maybe BWF should look to adapt some of the changes employed by IBL
    Like some have said, this is only the first iteration of the IBL. The organizers will learn from this and next year's will be improved. This is entertainment. Everything ranging from the auction to the slickness in presentation will be much better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pune gonna win this tie against Banga Beats... A great day for the place which gave birth to the game....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juliane is in song..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the city of birth for Badminton win today 5-0, they have got good doubles team, is possible...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the umpire letting p.khashap to bend the feathers of the shuttles? Does he knows bwf rules doesn't allow the shuttle to be alter? I thinks khashap also asking the services judge to bend the feathers for the rest of shuttles too...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Why the umpire letting p.khashap to bend the feathers of the shuttles? Does he knows bwf rules doesn't allow the shuttle to be alter? I thinks khashap also asking the services judge to bend the feathers for the rest of shuttles too...
    Bending it to slow it down [the shuttle ]

Umpires dont mind

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-0 to Pune pistons (birth place of badminton)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know it's to slow down the shuttle but its not allowed in bwf rules. So IBL is not following bwf rules ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different organization maybe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Yes, I know it's to slow down the shuttle but its not allowed in bwf rules. So IBL is not following bwf rules ?
    Ofcourse, I was kidding with that explanation...
    The quality of shuttles in India isn't that good. The import got restricted for some bird flu(infection scare) by the govt. they got it resolved just recently. And the handling isnt good either the shuttles at times within their package lose shape so its a normal practice here to play with it before the game have a few shots with the opponents to judge it and if he agrees, to continue. the point is the partner has to object if that doesnt suits him.

if theres no complaint they continue playing...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yes, very erm... Original

By "We need to stop tieing ratings to marketability" Did you mean rankings? Because viewer rating is completely proportional to marketability.
    I think in the context of the post, it is quite clear that I am talking about player ratings.
    Heck - no one has ever alleged that I have been original. Thank you...
    I did bring this point up earlier also post #277 http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...63#post2117063

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PP won the first game in XD.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Ofcourse, I was kidding with that explanation...
    The quality of shuttles in India isn't that good. The import got restricted for some bird flu(infection scare) by the govt. they got it resolved just recently. And the handling isnt good either the shuttles at times within their package lose shape so its a normal practice here to play with it before the game have a few shots with the opponents to judge it and if he agrees, to continue. the point is the partner has to object if that doesnt suits him.

if theres no complaint they continue playing...
    Ic ic... Hahaha... So this shuttle are made in India?

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast