User Tag List

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got a feeling that besides players from Malaysia and those in Europe, the rest of the 'hired' players was just toying around like they dont care, they just want to get in the court and lose quickly, I dont know?
    I dont see them trying hard, maybe they are not used to the environment? not used to the drift? or maybe they felt so underpaid, they give you an 'underperformance'? Not very sporting I would say

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    got a feeling that besides players from Malaysia and those in Europe, the rest of the 'hired' players was just toying around like they dont care, they just want to get in the court and lose quickly, I dont know?
    I dont see them trying hard, maybe they are not used to the environment? not used to the drift? or maybe they felt so underpaid, they give you an 'underperformance'? Not very sporting I would say
    There would be no benefit for them not to play to their fullest because they'd be missing a pay cheque at the same time next year. This is a great opportunity for them to get exposure in the eyes of the owners for next year's IBL.

Look at someone like Ivanov who went for only $15,000. Guess what, he's enhanced his value and I'm sure he'll be commanding much more next year. All those slackers and whiners, I doubt they'll be invited back.

The moral of the story: always try your hardest; there's reward at the end of your journey.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    There would be no benefit for them not to play to their fullest because they'd be missing a pay cheque at the same time next year. This is a great opportunity for them to get exposure in the eyes of the owners for next year's IBL.

Look at someone like Ivanov who went for only $15,000. Guess what, he's enhanced his value and I'm sure he'll be commanding much more next year. All those slackers and whiners, I doubt they'll be invited back.

The moral of the story: always try your hardest; there's reward at the end of your journey.
    Agree. If we see Ivanov's value increase dramatically next year (which I hope it does), those players who have been less involved may regret.

I was watching Boe play the other night. Boe, with his intensity, looks like a bargain buy and surely his value must go up next year.

Obviously with the first IBL, quite a few players and people will not be so familiar with it when applied to badminton. I would give it 3 consecutive IBLs to be established.
    Last edited by Cheung; 08-23-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Agree. If we see Ivanov's value increase dramatically next year (which I hope it does), those players who have been less involved may regret.

I was watching Boe play the other night. Boe, with his intensity, looks like a bargain buy and surely his value must go up next year.
    If he can only keep his mouth shut, imagine what his value would be.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If he can only keep his mouth shut, imagine what his value would be.
    I'd prefer him to keep going. All part of the fun and games. I sometimes think we could do with more showmanship in badminton.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I'd prefer him to keep going. All part of the fun and games. I sometimes think we could do with more showmanship in badminton.
    Don't get me wrong, I love that he brings colour to the game. John McEnroe was my all time fave so...

I meant for his own financial good. I think maybe his rep contributed to his low IBL value

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Really amazing to see LCW playing Mixed doubles. That too with Tine Baun. I never thought this combination even in my dreams. Wonderful decision by Mumbai Master's coaches and team manager to give us such a treat to watch them play together.

Sai praneeth played brilliantly against Marc Zwiebler . It was a whisker that Marc won it using his experience and taking advantage of Sai's tiredness. He really looked tired at the end of the second half of the match and in the rubber. Hope to see more of him in the upcoming ties. What happened to H.S.Prannoy?? Why they did not let him play ??
    Quote Originally Posted by paroxysmal View Post
    Prannoy is gaining weight. He has become bulky. Not a good sign. India's hope says with Srikanth in MS.
    Not true.
    In terms of physique and endurance, HS Prannoy is probably No.1 in the team.
    I'm told he has a nagging back pain for which he has been undergoing treatment.

As for Srikanth, he is hugely error-prone and inconsistent.
    If he can overcome those, he would be truly awesome

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. I have seen all the matches and from my point of view, nobody toying around as if somebody mentioned. Infact, everybody has given their best and will be rewarded according to their quality next year. I have seen yesterday's tie between Pune pistons vs Banga beats. Instead of TinMienNyugen they have fielded Anup Sridhar against HuYun(player who played well in the previous ties), but the strategy of fielding Anup worked out. Anup sridhar who was bought for a meagre amount and with his BWF ranking(129) ,who would have thought that he will beat HuYun (BWF rank 8). Definitely, these matches would have been watched carefully by the franchises . This is one example. Even though franchises didn't have the badminton back-ground , they are carefully watching everything . So, prices of the players would change next year. Let's see how it goes next year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Not true.
    In terms of physique and endurance, HS Prannoy is probably No.1 in the team.
    I'm told he has a nagging back pain for which he has been undergoing treatment.

As for Srikanth, he is hugely error-prone and inconsistent.
    If he can overcome those, he would be truly awesome
    Yep. I have seen prannoy playing with back support(belt) in some of the tournaments. Is it still persisting??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, all those players who were toying around, I dont think they ever want to come back next year anymore.. But anyway, I guess all the comments of underpaid and overpaid clouded my view and judgement but I enjoyed watching the match everyday before I go to sleep, hence, the dark eye circles and the zombie look everyday at work

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any new stars found? who will shine internationally after this IBL?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awadhe warriors won the tie against Mumbai masters 3-2 and is placed fourth in the points table..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    So I am not the only one who felt like this?!? I also find European players putting more effort than others - although some like Kido and Tien Minh looked working very hard - just feel age is catching up to them fast and some not getting chances - like Jindapon, Tai and WCF.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umpire cam is nice and view from the cam is really good to see..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jwalla Gutta is playing for the XD tie... Let's see if she can deliver...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Any new stars found? who will shine internationally after this IBL?
    For me Ivanov, Tanongsak, Jindapon (will shine further...) have been the new found stars with out a doubt.... And a few Indian doubles players but on lower scale...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Umpire cam is nice and view from the cam is really good to see..
    Very innovative.

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast