User Tag List

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jwala Gutta, allegedly had abuse chanted at her at the match in Bangalore. In the article below she talks of how India needs to do more to educate men in respect.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/SPO-OFF-need-to-educate-our-boys-to-respect-women-says-star-badminton-player-jwala-gutta-4357950-NOR.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bennydut View Post
    So, which teams have qualified to the semis?
    AW,PP and MM have qualified
    Either of tonight's teams will be remaining semifinalist.
    If BB beat HH 5-0, BB goes thru. Any other result and HH goes thru

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yes that Is correct
    Hyderabad Hotshots, Awadhe Warriors, Pune piston and Mumbai Masters are the semi finalist.

There is still one more league match to go(BBvHH) but no matter what the result
    Banga Beats and Dehli Smashers are out of the tournament.

Still very worrying that there is still no official rules published for this league! Their is nothing viewable for the fans, which makes me think there are no proper set of rules. In order to stop corruption this obviously need to be in place.
    Well HH is not 100% in yet. If by some fluke BB whitewashes HH 5-0, then HH is out
    You make some valid points that the rules are not clear cut.
    2. Substitution Players that were not originally auctioned
    I think the council decides on this. In case of DS and BB match, Jan O was approved to play but after DS threatened walkout, BB apparently graciously replace Jan O to avoid disappointing their home crowd fans with walkover.

3. The draw format How are the semi's drawn?!!!
    Likely the popular convention of 1v3 and 2v4

Hyderabad hotshots are through for sure.
    It is Mumbai Masters that are at risk of getting eliminated if Banga Beats 5-0 HH due to same points/ties won but Banga would have more higher game difference
    No, Mumbai Masters are in semis regardless of tonight's result. If Banga wins 5-0, HH is out cos their games won is only 12 compared to 13 for BB and MM.

I totaled the sets won for the cases of a teams that have same overall points and tie's won the same
    Nice work but all in vain cos I think they use criteria of Head to Head if games won are same. So really it will never come to sets counting cos there are only win or loss and no draw when it comes to head to head record.
    So if BB wins 5-0 vs HH, they have same points and same games as MM and if they have to decide which of them goes thru they look at head to head record and MM beat BB in their match so MM goes thru. But in this case, MM and BB would both go thru cos they have better games record than HH
    Last edited by terranova; 08-27-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    Not so popular convention and crudely unfair. It makes sense for the semifinals to be 1v4 and 2v3 Give the topper of the table some advantage atleast... thats what ranking is for anyways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IBL Official@IBL_Official2h
    Watch Saina Nehwal's Hyderabad HotShots go up against P. Kashyap's Banga Beats in the Vodafone Indian Badminton League tonight !

LOL! Boyfriend vs Girl Friend tonight!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Today would be a good test for PVS, having lost against Carolina and so badly losing agaisnt SN might have dented her confidence a bit... but if she could do well against Juliane Schenk top3 player today everything would fall in place!
    Sindhu's confidence is increasing day by day in IBL. Now, she has beaten all the top 10 players except Saina and Ratchanok.. I want HH to qualify for semis and hope both the teams meet each other in semis to fight for finals. Since both these girls are tough, i want sindhu to win her match against Saina though i want HH to win the tie.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 08-27-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    AW,PP and MM have qualified
    Either of tonight's teams will be remaining semifinalist.
    If BB beat HH 5-0, BB goes thru. Any other result and HH goes thru

Well HH is not 100% in yet. If by some fluke BB whitewashes HH 5-0, then HH is out
    You make some valid points that the rules are not clear cut.
    2. Substitution Players that were not originally auctioned
    I think the council decides on this. In case of DS and BB match, Jan O was approved to play but after DS threatened walkout, BB apparently graciously replace Jan O to avoid disappointing their home crowd fans with walkover.

No, Mumbai Masters are in semis regardless of tonight's result. If Banga wins 5-0, HH is out cos their games won is only 12 compared to 13 for BB and MM.

Nice work but all in vain cos I think they use criteria of Head to Head if games won are same. So really it will never come to sets counting cos there are only win or loss and no draw when it comes to head to head record.
    So if BB wins 5-0 vs HH, they have same points and same games as MM and if they have to decide which of them goes thru they look at head to head record and MM beat BB in their match so MM goes thru. But in this case, MM and BB would both go thru cos they have better games record than HH

Thank you, Yeah you are right I just heard the commentator say the same thing with regards to HH. So even though HH (assuming they lost tonight 5-0) Would have Beat Mumbai head to head and won more ties than them but still would go down over Mumbai. That strange.
    So Take the scenario that HH win one game tonight and they also finished on 16 points with AW and PP. Assume HH had beaten AW in their tie but lost to PP in that tie and keep it the same that Aw won tie against PP who would be top then?????? They would all deserve top rights over each other.
    @terranova can you please show me where your getting the rules?

With regards to the semi's I don't care how they are drawn as long as the rule has already been in place since the start and is transparent/viewable to all. Otherwise it is just fixed/corrupt.

The amount of foreigners in a match and how many spots is a big problem if that rule is not in place as AW are now top of the league and they used a foreigner in one more spot then any team has and it would have made the world of difference to Banga beats if they could field 4 in 5 spots. Do you know what happened here?? edit Mumbai did it aswell against KDS
    Last edited by craigandy; 08-27-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Yeah you are right I just heard the commentator say the same thing with regards to HH. So even though HH (assuming they lost tonight 5-0) Would have Beat Mumbai head to head and won more ties than them but still would go down over Mumbai. That strange.
    So Take the scenario that HH win one game tonight and they also finished on 16 points with AW and PP. Assume HH had beaten AW in their tie but lost to PP in that tie and keep it the same that Aw won tie against PP who would be top then?????? They would all deserve top rights over each other.

With regards to the semi's I don't care how they are drawn as long as the rule has already been in place since the start and is transparent/viewable to all. Otherwise it is just fixed/corrupt.

The amount of foreigners in a match and how many spots is a big problem if that rule is not in place as AW are now top of the league and they used a foreigner in one more spot then any team has and it would have made the world of difference to Banga beats if they could field 4 in 5 spots. Do you know what happened here?? edit Mumbai did it aswell against KDS
    H2H records counts only when there are two teams that are tied, for more than 2 teams at the same points its their games won/lost which is calculated, if still they are tied on that count also then the points difference should be taken into consideration.... Not sure about the last thing!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the substitution thing has been cleared up.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsde...-Council-.html
    The rule says that a player can be replaced if found injured. Also, there is this clause that a player can replace another only if his ranking and base price is similar or lower. O Jorgensen's ranking and base price were both lower than Hu Yun so he fits into the category," Sinha, who is also the Badminton Association of India (BAI) general secretary, told IANS.

O Jorgensen could have played the match because Hu Yun was injured. We got his medical reports on time. A replacement is allowed before the tie starts and not after that. We left it to the two teams to decide amongst themselves," IBL governing council member Puri told IANS.

Why was it left to the teams to decide. It was completely legal and IBL should have made that Info clear and available so no complaints. Do the teams not have a copy of these rules? Is it just one big secret?
    Well the disorganization continues to ruin IBL,
    Banga beats have effectively had their tournament/chances ruined by this. Not acceptable.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H2H records counts only when there are two teams that are tied, for more than 2 teams at the same points its their games won/lost which is calculated, if still they are tied on that count also then the points difference should be taken into consideration.... Not sure about the last thing!
    Ok thanks by games won/lost I take it you mean sets? Where you getting all this from please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks by games won/lost I take it you mean sets? Where you getting all this from please?
    I couldnt point a source to it online, I remember reading that somewhere in the news papers, which keeps on changing the rule everyday but this is how it happens in other sports in India like Cricket & thats how the university tournament is played here in India, the original source for IBL. IBL seems to be an extension of Inter School and Inter University tournaments run here. Though with little lesser hooting and shouting from the crowd. What Jwala got was just a glimpse of what actually happens out there

A link with the basic rules I can quote is here:
    http://hindu.com/thehindu/thscrip/pr...3632/&prd=tss&

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone have the line up for tonight's match?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so popular convention and crudely unfair. It makes sense for the semifinals to be 1v4 and 2v3 Give the topper of the table some advantage atleast... thats what ranking is for anyways...
    Sorry, Typo should be 1v4 not 1v3. By popular convetion I mean weakest vs strongest so it is 1v 4 not 1v3

IMHO, there are myriad of possible criteria to determine table standing
    -Table Points won
    -Number of matches won
    -Games won and Games Lost
    -Head to head
    -Sets won and Sets Lost
    -Game Points scored
    -Toss of coin (Heads or Tail)
    (in above, I define match as between Team A and Team B, a game as between Player A and Player B, a set as in best of 3 sets.)
    What makes it all more murky is the introduction of bonus points and points for games won. And the priority of the criteria does affect whether a team is above or below another team.
    I do not have any source for rules and just referring to criteria priority used in other sports like football. Number of sets won would be less likely used as criteria especially in this tournament where 3rd set is only to 11 points so does that mean the 3rd set is worth half a set or 1 set when they count it?
    Having said that, I would say Head to Head (H2H) would be higher and better criteria used as there are no draws here unlike with football. So when you count H2H between 2 teams it will decide. Except in your hypothetical example of 3 teams i.e. AW, PP and HH winning and losing once each. If that happens, then they will use the next lower priority criteria to determine.
    Have not heard of the rule of maximum 3 foreigners per match , only heard of that maximum 2 games per match that foreigner can play

I agree with you in above scenario that it will be unfair if MM qualifies over HH if they have same table points even though HH has won more matches. Now that wouild create a controversy and big hooha so let us pray that does not happen. Cos the difference in this tournament is that bonus point thing and counting number of games won as table points . Usually winning team gets 3 table points (or 2 tables points in primitive days ) and losing team get zero points
    Last edited by terranova; 08-27-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the? This news story claims it was Jwala Gutta that ruined the Banga beats v KDS match, claiming it was her that said her team would walk over and not play if banga (legally) played Jan O (after paying so much money to make it happen)
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-...cle5062601.ece

Banga would have been too embarrassed to let all the fans that had showed up not watch anything just because Jwala Gutta had thrown a strop

KDS were out of the running anyway and with all these people paying so much money(fans and banga franchise) what business is it of Jwala Gutta's.

Either that newspaper is wrong or that is the craziest thing I have ever heard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the? This news story claims it was Jwala Gutta that ruined the Banga beats v KDS match, claiming it was her that said her team would walk over and not play if banga (legally) played Jan O (after paying so much money to make it happen)
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-...cle5062601.ece

Banga would have been too embarrassed to let all the fans that had showed up not watch anything just because Jwala Gutta had thrown a strop

KDS were out of the running anyway and with all these people paying so much money(fans and banga franchise) what business is it of Jwala Gutta's.

Either that newspaper is wrong or that is the craziest thing I have ever heard

yeah that sounds like something Jwala would do!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=terranova;2134540]
    IMHO, there are myriad of possible criteria to determine table standing
    -Table Points won
    -Number of matches won
    -Games won and Games Lost
    -Head to head
    -Sets won and Sets Lost
    -Game Points scored
    -Toss of coin (Heads or Tail)
    (in above, I define match as between Team A and Team B, a game as between Player A and Player B, a set as in best of 3 sets.)
    What makes it all more murky is the introduction of bonus points and points for games won. And the priority of the criteria does affect whether a team is above or below another team.
    I do not have any source for rules and just referring to criteria priority used in other sports like football. [QUOTE]

In other sports the points are done on which team wins the tie. You have not even included that as a criteria. So if man u beat liverpool 2-1 liverpool still get zero points and man u get 3. I like the fact that every match within the tie matters but IBL should have made it 2 or 3 bonus point for actually winning the tie. This is the most important factor after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Tai Tzu Ying is playing tonight!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  9900.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  34.1 KB

Common Banga 5-0 Hyderabad.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast