User Tag List

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 919 to 935 of 1130
  1. #919
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Whom you were talking about??

    I was talking about K. Srikanth, It was his game against Ivanov. Srikanth has bags more talent should have taken Ivanov easy, Srikanth controlled every rally but either made a really bad un forced error or just lifted it to the big man without pulling him into the net first.

  2. #920
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Ivanov has got to be the "find" of this IBL season! Ivan the Terrible!
    My vote for best buy goes to Kido /Bernadeth pair especially Kido.

  3. #921
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post

    The Vodafone IBL Commentators team comprises of some of the most experienced and iconic voices behind the mic, led by noted sports broadcaster Gary Bloom, former National coach of Denmark and an astute badminton commentator Steen Pedersen, eight-time National women singles champion Madhumita Bisht, former Indian badminton player Sanjay Sharma, former National player and actor Nirmala Kotnis and well-known sports columnist and commentator Ayaz Menon.
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    On a side note, anyone knows who's the english commentator for IBL? they do sounds like english premier league commentator though

    Please see the above quote for all the commentators, Gary Bloom is obviously the English one. Good ears, he sounds like EPL commentator because he was
    Last edited by craigandy; 08-30-2013 at 07:14 AM.

  4. #922
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    On a side note, anyone knows who's the english commentator for IBL? they do sounds like english premier league commentator though
    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Please see the above quote for all the commentators, Gary Bloom is obviously the English one. Good ears, he sounds like EPL commentator because he was
    No wonder he sounds so familiar. The other one being Martin Tyler, whose voice is BPL.

  5. #923
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Please see the above quote for all the commentators, Gary Bloom is obviously the English one. Good ears, he sounds like EPL commentator because he was
    No wonder. Thanks for the clarification, mate

  6. #924
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    My vote for best buy goes to Kido /Bernadeth pair especially Kido.
    Another value for money buy is Tanongsak. Only peanuts USD15K and only lost 1 game and won 5.

    Bad buys are Juliane Schenk USD90K, won 3 and lost 3
    Also TMNguyen $44K and only won 1 game and lost other games to those all ranked below him. I have not looked at all players and there may be more duds and more diamonds

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Please see the above quote for all the commentators, Gary Bloom is obviously the English one. Good ears, he sounds like EPL commentator because he was
    Steen and that lady Madhumita were the better commentators and able to discuss the technical aspects of the games. There was one other guy who was crapping and partly clowning and clearly did not know much about the badminton scene. For non-badminton playing fans like me, I want commentators to know their stuff and tell me certain aspects of the game I do not know.

    Also other negative things about the broadcast:
    -Mayanti should stop interviewing people while game is in progress. If she wants to do it while game is in progress at least the cameras should remain focused on the court. Better that she interview them during the break why interrupt the game when it is in progress?
    -Also Mayanti should at least translate what the VIPs say when she interviews them. if she cannot translate what they are saying, get an interpreter. For goodness sake there is a global audience watching and last thing they want is for viewers to be turned on not understanding what is being said.

  7. #925
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    Steen and that lady Madhumita were the better commentators and able to discuss the technical aspects of the games. There was one other guy who was crapping and partly clowning and clearly did not know much about the badminton scene. For non-badminton playing fans like me, I want commentators to know their stuff and tell me certain aspects of the game I do not know.
    I think Ideal an ideal commentary team is to have - one who has charisma(can clown), passion, and looks at the emotional/personality side of the game(also who is happy to talk about controversial stuff) and the other to be a highly knowledgeable technical guy that gives you the facts great insight to technical side, and straightens out any mis beliefs by the fans.

    Gary bloom the guy you are talking about isn't great at all because he misses a lot of essential parts of the ideal, but he does bring some personality to the commentary. Just having a couple of technical folk commentating would get boring, and you would miss out on the emotional insight side of the game

  8. #926
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TMN and Hu Yun were terrible buy's both at nearly $50k and did not have to play anyone of higher rank and lost more than they won. Hu yun losing to a 130 something player then injured.

    Chong wei Feng $25k played one lost one

    P Kashyap $75k never played anyone of higher rank and lost more than he won.

    Tied 2nd most expensive Male Indians R.M.V and B. Sai Praneeth at $40k each won one lost several.

    Schenk borderline $90k and nearly was able to take down every WS only to lose very tight games with Saina and P.V on home ground

    STAR BUY OF THE IBL
    Anup Sridhar $6k 100% winning record, beat a $50k player

  9. #927
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MVP or Star buy should be a person that wins, versatile enough to be fielded in multiple disciplines and indispensable to the team. It should not be based on purchase price alone.

  10. #928
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    MVP or Star buy should be a person that wins, versatile enough to be fielded in multiple disciplines and indispensable to the team. It should not be based on purchase price alone.
    Haha sorry I was just joking about the star buy being Anup. He only played once, still not bad value, good going. It's hard to find a star buy saying all that because there is no point in choosing someone who only beat the second tear shuttlers(or off form Kashyap) like Ivanov. It would need to be someone who punched above their weight as well. Someone like Ivanov was just lucky to get who he played. But you can't ignore his contribution by any means. Kido work horse yes, outstanding no.

    No real shine out players that fill all criteria for - $, took out top players and versitile and won most of the time

  11. #929
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    E-A-R-T-H
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Kido work horse yes, outstanding no "


    I don't know what you mean about best buy. All I know Markis Kido got 9 from all 16 win points while the icon AW only got 4. Fyi : Lcw got 6 from 12 win points

  12. #930
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alans View Post
    "Kido work horse yes, outstanding no "


    I don't know what you mean about best buy. All I know Markis Kido got 9 from all 16 win points while the icon AW only got 4. Fyi : Lcw got 6 from 12 win points
    Kido looks extremely focused and serious in his game. Good to see him back to his previous form.
    All the best to him in the finals.

  13. #931
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,538
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems like the IBL website is not working now . . .
    I want to read the news and watch the Live Streaming tonight.
    Anyone can advise other Live Streaming website?
    Thanks

    Name:  Screen shot 2013-08-31 at AM 10.46.40.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  35.5 KB

  14. #932
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Seems like the IBL website is not working now . . .
    I want to read the news and watch the Live Streaming tonight.
    Anyone can advise other Live Streaming website?
    Thanks

    Name:  Screen shot 2013-08-31 at AM 10.46.40.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  35.5 KB
    Seems working for me...
    Live Streaming at youtube... I always do...

  15. #933
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On the contrary, the fact that LCW knew that he did not have to smash his way to a convincing win shows that he has class and confidence, because as a player, if he can win without smashing, it shows that he understand the game and strategy better than the opponent. But of course, you feel you don't get your entertainment's worth. In other words, you would appreciate the game better if you understand the game better. Something like tai chi, the harder you try to strike your opponent, the harder you will get hit back with your own vengeance. Quick and hard sounding smashes are very entertaining, but that's a narrow-minded view if badminton is nothing but smashes. Look at how LD evolve his game by covering all four corners with superb accuracy without smashes and you will begin to understand.

  16. #934
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    On the contrary, the fact that LCW knew that he did not have to smash his way to a convincing win shows that he has class and confidence, because as a player, if he can win without smashing, it shows that he understand the game and strategy better than the opponent. But of course, you feel you don't get your entertainment's worth. In other words, you would appreciate the game better if you understand the game better. Something like tai chi, the harder you try to strike your opponent, the harder you will get hit back with your own vengeance. Quick and hard sounding smashes are very entertaining, but that's a narrow-minded view if badminton is nothing but smashes. Look at how LD evolve his game by covering all four corners with superb accuracy without smashes and you will begin to understand.
    U are entitled to your own opinion but who the hell are you to say I am narrow minded?
    Stop having a big brother know it all attitude and appreciate the fact that different people have diverse preference when it come to enjoying sports. The whole stadium was subdued and bored to dead. I rest my case.

  17. #935
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    I think Ideal an ideal commentary team is to have - one who has charisma(can clown), passion, and looks at the emotional/personality side of the game(also who is happy to talk about controversial stuff) and the other to be a highly knowledgeable technical guy that gives you the facts great insight to technical side, and straightens out any mis beliefs by the fans.
    Not sure if other guy was Gary Bloom. Couples of times the other guy was asking Steen/ Gopichand/Madumita some out of field question when Steen/ Gopichand/Madumita was talking thru games being played. They sounded irritated and did not immediately reply his questions. Badminton is obviously much shorter quicker and very intense game compared to tennis for eg. And at blink of eye can miss certain shots or critical points. Last thing we need is some commentator who is less well versed in badminton to interrupt the rhythm.
    Yes it is great to have a fun comical commentator to loosen up the proceeding but someone who is more knowledgeable about the game. An example I can think of us Andy Goldstein who commentates on football and pool/ snooker. He was not a hit on football but was pretty good on pool/ snooker. He challenged and beat snooker legend Steve Davis in 1 frame and "took over" OBE and world titles of Davis. Another time he challenged and run out pool world champion Darren Appleton after he had just won European British pool championship. It was only 1 game (frame) of British pool of cos but Appleton was stunned

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •