User Tag List

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alans View Post
    "Kido work horse yes, outstanding no "

I don't know what you mean about best buy. All I know Markis Kido got 9 from all 16 win points while the icon AW only got 4. Fyi : Lcw got 6 from 12 win points
    You can't see points something like that if you consider markis kido. He is a doubles player. His partner whoever played with him got a contribution in those points.

LCW did not play 6 matches . I think that he played only 4 matches. Ofcourse, he is world no.1. Everybody wants him to win whoever plays in the opposite side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    You can't see points something like that if you consider markis kido. He is a doubles player. His partner whoever played with him got a contribution in those points.

LCW did not play 6 matches . I think that he played only 4 matches. Ofcourse, he is world no.1. Everybody wants him to win whoever plays in the opposite side.
    LCW did play 6 if count mixed doubles as 1. He played 4MS and 1XD in league round and 1MS in semis.
    Markis probably makes bigger difference in XD than in MS with Boe. Whichever you look at it he is MVP of AW. Without him they would. not be in final and be assured of at least USD300K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW did not play 6 matches . I think that he played only 4 matches. Ofcourse, he is world no.1. Everybody wants him to win hoever plays in the opposite side.
    Haha, chek again LCW played in XD too. I think you shoud remember the diffrence between team event and indvidual.

What I mean is AW pay Kido only 15.500 and he contribute more than 50% team win. See th value

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, chek again LCW played in XD too. I think you shoud remember the diffrence between team event and indvidual.

What I mean is AW pay Kido only 15.500 and he contribute more than 50% team win. See th value
    chek again LCW played in XD too. I think you shoud remember the diffrence between team event and indvidual. - I know the difference. You said LCW won 6 points to his team.. Ok. Let's include XD. Even that too, it comes only 5 points. 4 from singles and one from doubles.

Ofcourse, kido played really well. If he did not, they will not consider him next time. All the franchises which lost in the ties would have gone for complete analysis of what went wrong. They will decide accordingly from next tie. But nobody can forget that this is Indian Badminton league, most importance will be given to indian players. All the rules were set accordingly. Foreign players are in pressure this time that they have to show their talent to their franchisee so that they can purchase them back.

Definite buys for next year IBL(my point of view about foreign players).

1. Ivanov (100% sure)
    2. Markis Kido (100% sure)
    3. Pia (100% sure)
    4. Juliane Schenk(100% sure)
    5. Lee chong wei (100% sure)
    6. Tanonsak (100% sure)
    7. Boe (100 % sure)
    8. HuYun and Tin Min Nyugen (60% sure)
    9. Marc Zwiebler (75 % sure)

still lots more to include..
    Last edited by scorpion1; 08-31-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kido indeed a value buy at15k... He is blessed with good partners and weak opponents too.

India has good players in men and women singles but weak in doubles.

If team wanna earn points from singles using foreign players, they need to invest in very good players but in doubles, it can be done with less.

And also team can only play 3 foreign players so if they invest in doubles, there will not be room for foreign players in single

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

chek again LCW played in XD too. I think you shoud remember the diffrence between team event and indvidual. - I know the difference. You said LCW won 6 points to his team.. Ok. Let's include XD. Even that too, it comes only 5 points. 4 from singles and one from doubles.

Ofcourse, kido played really well. If he did not, they will not consider him next time. All the franchises which lost in the ties would have gone for complete analysis of what went wrong. They will decide accordingly from next tie. But nobody can forget that this is Indian Badminton league, most importance will be given to indian players. All the rules were set accordingly. Foreign players are in pressure this time that they have to show their talent to their franchisee so that they can purchase them back.

1. Ivanov (100% sure)
    3. Pia (100% sure)
    6. Tanonsak (100% sure)
    7. Boe (100 % sure)

I was told the player's contract for IBL was for two years. Can anybody confirm that?

If so, does that mean the auction price would also be the same next year or can it still change?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Crybaby Award

[B]

1. Ivanov (100% sure)
    3. Pia (100% sure)
    6. Tanonsak (100% sure)
    7. Boe (100 % sure)

$100K price range that clubs willing to pay for marquee players like LCW and Saina are for 2 components 1) high probability of winning performance on court 2) their marketing value and prestige (for LCW the international audience and for Saina the Indian audience) they bring to the league/club. TV rights, sponsorships fees/ads paid to the league will be much lesser if these 2 are not playing.
    For Juliane Schenk, on both counts, she cannot justify the almost $100K fee so she will be sold next year but not for such a high fee.
    Markis is definitely underpaid getting only one third the pay of whining Boe. Boe deserves the
    Chamelon +Crybaby award for slamming IBL after he was not sold and then joining in after AW bought him. The almost 100 players who were not sold did not whine publicly so why is he ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    $100K price range that clubs willing to pay for marquee players like LCW and Saina are for 2 components 1) high probability of winning performance on court 2) their marketing value and prestige (for LCW the international audience and for Saina the Indian audience) they bring to the league/club. TV rights, sponsorships fees/ads paid to the league will be much lesser if these 2 are not playing.
    For Juliane Schenk, on both counts, she cannot justify the almost $100K fee so she will be sold next year but not for such a high fee.
    Markis is definitely underpaid getting only one third the pay of whining Boe. Boe deserves the
    Chamelon +Crybaby award for slamming IBL after he was not sold and then joining in after AW bought him. The almost 100 players who were not sold did not whine publicly so why is he ?
    Do you have any links to Boe's whining article etc? This is the first time I am hearing about this. Tx

Forget about it. Just googled and found all the links ...
    Last edited by rogerv2; 08-31-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I was told the player's contract for IBL was for two years. Can anybody confirm that?

If so, does that mean the auction price would also be the same next year or can it still change?
    According to this, contract is 5 yrs to the league and 2 yrs to the club.
    http://www.andhranews.net/Features/B...ton-League.asp
    If it is 2 years with club , then my guess is those players should get same pay next year since they will on be on auction block. Unless maybe by mutual agreement both sides decide to terminate and the player us put up for auction next year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Do you have any links to Boe's whining article etc? This is the first time I am hearing about this. Tx
    Lots of news articles on it few weeks ago
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...37.KMOQUX3DJ6s

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post

Yep. The contract is for 2 years. This year's buy will go for next year as well.

I read somewhere that the teams are still not sure whether the replacement players would be part of the squad for the next year as well or the original player will have to return in 2014 as the original contract with players is for two years.

So many answers are needed and within one or two weeks, they will come up with some solutions to this. I think officially they will give the same price for the player. Unofficially, the franchisee might pay them according to their wins . Vladimir may get more from franchisee as his franchisee co-owner actor Nagarjuna told in an interview that vladimir is very good and he is 'deity of smashes'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    According to this, contract is 5 yrs to the league and 2 yrs to the club.
    http://www.andhranews.net/Features/B...ton-League.asp
    If it is 2 years with club , then my guess is those players should get same pay next year since they will on be on auction block. Unless maybe by mutual agreement both sides decide to terminate and the player us put up for auction next year
    So are the clubs allowed to bid, change, trade or recruit new players next year?
    Some teams need a revamp of the players.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bennydut View Post
    Seems working for me...
    Live Streaming at youtube... I always do...
    Hi Benny (or anyone),
    Do put the link here when the Live Streaming starts later.
    Mine still "not working".
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    U are entitled to your own opinion but who the hell are you to say I am narrow minded?
    Stop having a big brother know it all attitude and appreciate the fact that different people have diverse preference when it come to enjoying sports. The whole stadium was subdued and bored to dead. I rest my case.
    Why feel the pin pricked you even when I did not mention you? Who the hell mentioned you? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, big brother? Since you care to mention that people have preference, did it occur to you that your allegation that everyone (whole stadium) was bored, there might be 1% (maybe more) who don't think so? On another point, you obviously felt being pricked the hardest because maybe you feel you are the big bro, which I have no intention and no interest in being whatsoever. Think about that and put your pillow a bit higher before you sleep tonight about your unusual vein-popping outburst, drink a cup of relaxing chamomile tea, perhaps together with 2 tablets of high blood pressure meds.

Sport in itself, other than being a source of entertainment, is also a source of understanding what is being played out. The player has to think of himself, of ways to conquer a win, and not just for the sole entertainment of the spectator. Call a spade a spade, just because you feel bored, it doesn't mean you are entitled to 100% entertainment value, meaning a fake show for parading. I also happen to see a few veterans of yesteryears, who although are no more as fit as before, therefore could not attack in smashing anymore, nevertheless have many other ways of attacking and smart play and I understand their limitation and I admire their tactical play for being able to change. Now I won't use the word 'narrow-minded' again for you might have a burst capillary somewhere in your brain again, because I think in the above scenario you will be yawning away like rashid, feel free to do so, but you get my gist for saying so. No need to say 'rest my case' also.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Why feel the pin pricked you even when I did not mention you? Who the hell mentioned you? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, big brother? Since you care to mention that people have preference, did it occur to you that your allegation that everyone (whole stadium) was bored, there might be 1% (maybe more) who don't think so? On another point, you obviously felt being pricked the hardest because maybe you feel you are the big bro, which I have no intention and no interest in being whatsoever. Think about that and put your pillow a bit higher before you sleep tonight about your unusual vein-popping outburst, drink a cup of relaxing chamomile tea, perhaps together with 2 tablets of high blood pressure meds.

Sport in itself, other than being a source of entertainment, is also a source of understanding what is being played out. The player has to think of himself, of ways to conquer a win, and not just for the sole entertainment of the spectator. Call a spade a spade, just because you feel bored, it doesn't mean you are entitled to 100% entertainment value, meaning a fake show for parading. I also happen to see a few veterans of yesteryears, who although are no more as fit as before, therefore could not attack in smashing anymore, nevertheless have many other ways of attacking and smart play and I understand their limitation and I admire their tactical play for being able to change. Now I won't use the word 'narrow-minded' again for you might have a burst capillary somewhere in your brain again, because I think in the above scenario you will be yawning away like rashid, feel free to do so, but you get my gist for saying so. No need to say 'rest my case' also.
    Lol. Cool guys..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Cool guys..
    Sure no problem. No point replying to someone in denial mode. Lets move on to the finals discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my prediction 3-2 for AW