User Tag List

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,089 to 1,105 of 1130
  1. #1089
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    No idea about the payment given to these players but i am definitely sure that all the expenses relating to travel and stay etc are done by the franchisee.

    They were terminated??? - what do you mean by this sentence. Can you please explain it..?? Their own commitments made them to withdraw from the league to fulfill those commitments. Not terminated by franchisee as you are mentioning about.

    Hu Yun was injured. He was taken to hospital and taken MRI scan in his ankles(?) i guess which was swollen . He could not participate in the tournament further, that's why JOJ was taken from the reserve list as his ranking is lower than HuYun (the criteria needed for replacement in IBL).
    thanks for your info.

    Terminated just means end of play, it could be any party's initiated action. In fact, we don't know exactly the reason.

    From outcomes, Warriors replaced Sapsiree with Pia, then made up the best Mixed double in IBL. It's an obvious mistake to buy single player Sapsiree to play doubles.

    By the way, Hu Yun now is actively playing at the China national games. No sign of injury at all.

    Same thing happened to Wong Wing Ki too. IBL reported he's injured but in fact, Wong has be playing at China national games all the week. Winning quite a lot matches there.

  2. #1090
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By the way, Wong Wing Ki is a better player than Hu Yun now. Hu Yun is too old, 33 or 34, much older than Taufik. In the team competition at China national games, Wong WK is the first MS for Hong Kong team, while HY is the 3rd MS for Hong Kong.

  3. #1091
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    thanks for your info.

    Terminated just means end of play, it could be any party's initiated action. In fact, we don't know exactly the reason.

    From outcomes, Warriors replaced Sapsiree with Pia, then made up the best Mixed double in IBL. It's an obvious mistake to buy single player Sapsiree to play doubles.

    By the way, Hu Yun now is actively playing at the China national games. No sign of injury at all.

    Same thing happened to Wong Wing Ki too. IBL reported he's injured but in fact, Wong has be playing at China national games all the week. Winning quite a lot matches there.
    Sapsiree is a very good doubles player.. You might have seen the BWF WD rankings of her. She is ranked 17 in WD and 15 in Singles. I think sapsiree had to participate thailand nationals. That's why she had to withdraw in the middle of the tournament.

    If a player is injured, that does not mean he won't recover .

    Let WWK to play Chinese Nationals and enjoy the game. IBL would have reported what they have been said by the respective players or their association.

  4. #1092
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    By the way, Wong Wing Ki is a better player than Hu Yun now. Hu Yun is too old, 33 or 34, much older than Taufik. In the team competition at China national games, Wong WK is the first MS for Hong Kong team, while HY is the 3rd MS for Hong Kong.
    Definitely, i object this. Hu Yun is the better player according to me. I like Hu Yun's style and his dedication. Though you feel laziness in his game, he is absolutely wonderful.

    Hu Yun is a tough nut to crack. But I can definitely say, most of the indians will beat WWK . In the world championships, WWK was beaten by Ajay jayaram who according to me is in out of form .

  5. #1093
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Upset BAI to issue showcause notice to Jwala

    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-...cle5082863.ece

    EXCERPTS:

    “We are going to deal with that; she had intervened and stopped some of the players from playing one particular tie against Banga Beats,” S. Muralidharan, chairman of BAI’s disciplinary committee.

    “So, the whole TV coverage was cut for half an hour. This is too much. Definitely, there will be some action against her.”

    He said the act upset ESPN-Star Sports, which had the rights for the event.


    “With great difficulty, we managed to get the (telecast) agreement and they (Star Sports) threatened us that they were not going to cover anything more…it had come to that stage.



    “It’s good that nothing untoward happened.”

    Regarding action against Jwala, he said, “First, we will issue a showcause (notice) and based on her reply, action will be taken.”

    It is also learnt that the BAI has withdrawn Jwala from the Indian team which will play in the Japan Open Super Series event in Tokyo from September 17.

  6. #1094
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    thanks for your info.

    Terminated just means end of play, it could be any party's initiated action. In fact, we don't know exactly the reason.

    From outcomes, Warriors replaced Sapsiree with Pia, then made up the best Mixed double in IBL. It's an obvious mistake to buy single player Sapsiree to play doubles.

    By the way, Hu Yun now is actively playing at the China national games. No sign of injury at all.

    Same thing happened to Wong Wing Ki too. IBL reported he's injured but in fact, Wong has be playing at China national games all the week. Winning quite a lot matches there.
    Here you go..

    http://www.business-standard.com/art...2500512_1.html

    EXCERPTS:

    Banga Beats owner Amit Mavi later confirmed that the visitors almost threatened to pull out.


    "Hu Yun had not been well for a few days and only today at 4 p.m. was he diagnosed with an abdominal swelling for which we had to bring in the last minute change. We gave the details of the MRI scans to the IBL governing council who approved the change but then I heard that Delhi players were tweeting about this change," Mavi told IANS.


    That's not ankle swelling, am sorry. That was abdominal swelling.

  7. #1095
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Lin Dan will not retire soon. He even tries to play until next Olympics. The problem for him is that he has been kicked out of the national team by team manager LYB.

    So Lin Dan will not be able to play international tournaments, but he will still play inside China. If there's a chance for him to play, like BWF granted him WC position, he would like to play too.
    .
    What the?? Where did you get that from? the last that I heard was LD was going to sit down with LYB and plan what tournaments he can play to get back to a super series rank. And this has materialised because they are taking LD to play Dutch Open so he's not off the team.

  8. #1096
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    By the way, Hu Yun now is actively playing at the China national games. No sign of injury at all.

    Same thing happened to Wong Wing Ki too. IBL reported he's injured but in fact, Wong has be playing at China national games all the week. Winning quite a lot matches there.
    What is there another competition? the national games of China only started 2 days ago on 31st when IBL finished. Where was Wong Wing Ki playing that says he wasn't injured?? That was 4 weeks ago he said he could not come from injury, how as he been playing all the weeks at this Chinese national games tournament??

  9. #1097
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    What the?? Where did you get that from? the last that I heard was LD was going to sit down with LYB and plan what tournaments he can play to get back to a super series rank. And this has materialised because they are taking LD to play Dutch Open so he's not off the team.
    If its true, he should try his luck at bollywood.

  10. #1098
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    What the?? Where did you get that from? the last that I heard was LD was going to sit down with LYB and plan what tournaments he can play to get back to a super series rank. And this has materialised because they are taking LD to play Dutch Open so he's not off the team.
    Yep...Few days back i have read the headlines "Lin Dan to lead chinese contingent to Dutch Open".

    So No way like kicking out by the team manager and everything related to that........??????? .

  11. #1099
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    What the?? Where did you get that from? the last that I heard was LD was going to sit down with LYB and plan what tournaments he can play to get back to a super series rank. And this has materialised because they are taking LD to play Dutch Open so he's not off the team.
    Sounds like you don't know the basic thing. Now Lin Dan and Li YB broke up. They are enemies now. The reason is the commercial income. Li YB used to control the whole team for commercial ads, then he distributed the money after that. Lin Dan, as the biggest value in commercial, of course disagreed. Then Li YB kicked out Lin Dan from the national team, that's the reason he didn't have much chance to compete in the international tournaments. Look at the following tournaments, LD is still not in the entry list.

  12. #1100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    What is there another competition? the national games of China only started 2 days ago on 31st when IBL finished. Where was Wong Wing Ki playing that says he wasn't injured?? That was 4 weeks ago he said he could not come from injury, how as he been playing all the weeks at this Chinese national games tournament??
    I have posted in this thread already, why you didn't read my post

    The national game started weeks earlier than its opening ceremony. Wong WK played this national games 2 weeks ago, he beat Huang Yu Xiang on August 19. Then he defeated a player from Hu Nan (cann't remember his name),...Please use google to search.

  13. #1101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Sounds like you don't know the basic thing. Now Lin Dan and Li YB broke up. They are enemies now. The reason is the commercial income. Li YB used to control the whole team for commercial ads, then he distributed the money after that. Lin Dan, as the biggest value in commercial, of course disagreed. Then Li YB kicked out Lin Dan from the national team, that's the reason he didn't have much chance to compete in the international tournaments. Look at the following tournaments, LD is still not in the entry list.
    First time heard of this. Probably just gossip/rumors/ hearsay. You have to substantiate what you say with the source or a link.
    Obviously, we do not want people posting here that Lin Dan is dead and expect us to believe it blindly.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    I have posted in this thread already, why you didn't read my post

    The national game started weeks earlier than its opening ceremony. Wong WK played this national games 2 weeks ago, he beat Huang Yu Xiang on August 19. Then he defeated a player from Hu Nan (cann't remember his name),...Please use google to search.
    You are right on this point
    http://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/...-better-bronze

  14. #1102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    I have posted in this thread already, why you didn't read my post

    The national game started weeks earlier than its opening ceremony. Wong WK played this national games 2 weeks ago, he beat Huang Yu Xiang on August 19. Then he defeated a player from Hu Nan (cann't remember his name),...Please use google to search.
    Please don't mislead us saying again and again that WWK was playing national games so that he was not injured something like that.

    Here i wanna show you the article which says the Badminton association of hongkong informed IBL organisers that WWK could not participate because of injury.

    http://zeenews.india.com/sports/othe...rs_766709.html

    EXCERPTS:

    The IBL Governing Council approved the request from Krrish Delhi Smashers after Wong Wing`s unfortunate layoff was conveyed to them by the Hong Kong Badminton Association.

    Badminton Association of India (BAI) President, Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta, said: "The unexpected injury to Wong Wing Ki has paved the way for another talented shuttler to be a part of the IBL. We welcome Daren Liew to the League and hope he will make his presence felt with his brilliant talent."

    Note: It clearly shows that it was informed by badminton association of hongkong about the injury to IBL and IBL organisers has announced it later. Period.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 09-02-2013 at 11:11 AM.

  15. #1103
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    I have posted in this thread already, why you didn't read my post

    The national game started weeks earlier than its opening ceremony. Wong WK played this national games 2 weeks ago, he beat Huang Yu Xiang on August 19. Then he defeated a player from Hu Nan (cann't remember his name),...Please use google to search.
    Ha I tried couldn't find nothing that was readable for me but cheers for the info.

  16. #1104
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Sounds like you don't know the basic thing. Now Lin Dan and Li YB broke up. They are enemies now. The reason is the commercial income. Li YB used to control the whole team for commercial ads, then he distributed the money after that. Lin Dan, as the biggest value in commercial, of course disagreed. Then Li YB kicked out Lin Dan from the national team, that's the reason he didn't have much chance to compete in the international tournaments. Look at the following tournaments, LD is still not in the entry list.
    Nope I don't know the basic thing. Thanks for the background info, still a bit confused, No mention of this on LD thread. Where you getting this please? So is he entering tournaments as an independent then? I see Dutch open are advertising him as entered.

  17. #1105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Please don't mislead us saying again and again that WWK was playing national games so that he was not injured something like that.....
    Do you have your own brain? Why I need to mislead you? and how you can be so easily mislead?

    Whether WWK was injured or not, not depend on excuse, it's obvious to see how an injured WWK can won matches continuously before, on and after.

    Be smart, don't blame other people mislead you, you should ask yourself are you smart enough to see what's the truth.

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •