User Tag List

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hyderabad is like Mecca of Badminton in India, from the city per-se they would be a city that would relate with Badminton as sport.
    And yes regarding the upset thing its more because of appeal of SN and TH then there actual strength on paper, more so because all the teams are so evenly balanced or unbalanced whatever you may say, every team has only 1 sure winner(unless an off day for there star player)and for the rest they are hoping playing against opponents weakness or lets see whose day is today and I may get lucky today kinda combination, also the limited set of players is a huge contributor to this state for the teams.
    TH is a big name but surely a similar let down as he doesnt seems to be able to put up a fight against Indian new crop let alone justify his bidding.... a couple of years back he could have been a sure point against everyone but LCW so yes in MS they could be termed as weak, but coming to the doubles and XD they have got what everyone else has got.... Goh not coming up good in any of the matches for them has been a factor in it though...
    Indian girls in the XD are more or less at the same level. Pradnya gadre is similar to JG,AP,Siki Reddy or Prajakta Sawant... (AP could be better but she seems to be not living up to her stature, & hence Siki Reddy impressed me more)
    So with a good prospect in WS, 1MS out of two, and 1 out of 2 doubles they are in with a chance in all the ties.

Thats why all the teams looks evenly matched.

Ivanov has tilted the balance towards Mumbai but only when LCW plays!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    , every team has only 1 sure winner(unless an off day for there star player)and for the rest they are hoping playing against opponents weakness or lets see whose day is today and I may get lucky today kinda combination,
    Nearly no team has 1 sure winner in their team. LCW being the exception as he is miles above and has never been beaten by any of these guys in recent history. You could also include TBH/KKK as a seasoned pair they should be able to beat all the scratch pairings(still a chance off day). But that is it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boe Vs Mogensen. Caroline Marin playing XD! IBL is full of surprises.

Prajakta gaining the limelight, an indirect insult for Gopichand

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2013/a...kta-savant.htm
    Last edited by paroxysmal; 08-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Taufik)TH is a big name .... a couple of years back he could have been a sure point against everyone but LCW
    Please check the head to head records, Taufik has a losing head to head records against all Chinese, every single Chinese, from older generation Sun Jung, Xia Xue Ze, Ji Xing Penguin, to Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Chen Jin, to younger generation Chen Long...

You may argue that, either older generations or younger generations competing a off peak Taufik. Lets just compare lin Dan and Bao Chunlai who competed all career time with Taufik:

Bao Chunlai : Taufik = 8 : 4
    Lin Dan : Taufik = 13: 3

Btw, LCW : Taufik = 13: 7 (65%) which is not even as good as Bao cL (67%)

Taufik didn't have too many titles to brag, those two happened to be OG and WC.
    Last edited by 2cents; 08-18-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Please check the head to head records, Taufik has a losing head to head records against all Chinese, every single Chinese, from older generation Sun Jung, Xia Xue Ze, Ji Xing Penguin, to Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Chen Jin, to younger generation Chen Long...

You may argue that, either older generations or younger generations competing a off peak Taufik. Lets just compare lin Dan and Bao Chunlai who competed all career time with Taufik:

Comparing against players at IBL...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?? Instead of head to head list please check participants list
    None of those guys are in IBL. Taufik 2/3 years ago would have taken all other except LCW in IBL sure point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you guys meant all players.

By they way, I think currently, there are 3 styles in the world:

• European style. The badminton was invented by Europeans (Brits) in India, Europeans were the first people who can play badminton
    • South East Asia style, including Indonesia, Malaysia, they learnt badminton from Europeans
    • North East Asia style, incl China, Korea,.. they learnt from Chinese in South east Asia

I found they are different at
    • European style: very powerful.
    • South East Asia style: very fast
    • North East Asia style: combination of power and speed

Obviously, now North East Asia people dominate the badminton, and Europeans are far behind in results.

Indian players sound like a new kind of style. I found they have made big progress recently, but European players are their biggest threats. If we just look at the international results, many Indian players, singles or doubles, men or women, are much better than Carolina Marin and Vladimir Ivanov, at least ranked much higher. But both Carolina Marin and Vladimir Ivanov are invincible at IBL, they won everything, from mens to womens, from singles to doubles, from mens doubles to mixed doubles. Not only them, all other Europeans are non-stoppable when played with Indian players, including Carston Mogensen, Boe Mathias, Juliane Schenk, Marc Zweibler, Joachim Fischer Nielsen,...

From videos, Indian players were just helpless when facing European players on the other side of the net.

Although, most European players, got very, very low paid at IBL (except Juliane Schenk)

I hope from this IBL, Indian players can learn some weapons from south east asian players against Europeans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you guys meant all players.

By they way, I think currently, there are 3 styles in the world:

• European style. The badminton was invented by Europeans (Brits) in India, Europeans were the first people who can play badminton
    • South East Asia style, including Indonesia, Malaysia, they learnt badminton from Europeans
    • North East Asia style, incl China, Korea,.. they learnt from Chinese in South east Asia

I found they are different at
    • European style: very powerful.
    • South East Asia style: very fast
    • North East Asia style: combination of power and speed

Obviously, now North East Asia people dominate the badminton, and Europeans are far behind in results.

Indian players sound like a new kind of style. I found they have made big progress recently, but European players are their biggest threats. If we just look at the international results, many Indian players, singles or doubles, men or women, are much better than Carolina Marin and Vladimir Ivanov, at least ranked much higher. But both Carolina Marin and Vladimir Ivanov are invincible at IBL, they won everything, from mens to womens, from singles to doubles, from mens doubles to mixed doubles. Not only them, all other Europeans are non-stoppable when played with Indian players, including Carston Mogensen, Boe Mathias, Juliane Schenk, Marc Zweibler, Joachim Fischer Nielsen,...

From videos, Indian players were just helpless when facing European players on the other side of the net.

Although, most European players, got very, very low paid at IBL (except Juliane Schenk)

I hope from this IBL, Indian players can learn some weapons from south east asian players against Europeans.
    That's the goal...
    exposure, publicity, learning, oppurtunity, entertainment, money, viewers and new talent getting drawn to the game.
    The format and viewership seems to be making IBL a success in all the above mentioned goals and a pleasant move from cricket for the public.
    I only wish the media by itself gives it a bit more importance and prints articles like it did in yesterdays indianexpress, ie gives it more than a full page under main sports section. Still what its attracting now beats the expectation.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, that's another one of the reasons Indian players predominate. Also the teams have junior players. That's a great move to motivate the indian junior players (even if they not play).

I think European players are good at team events. You don't see it so much in badminton because of lack of depth at the very top level. Surely next year their value will go up and some other players' value go down or not even be re-invited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I think European players are good at team events. 。。。.
    except Thomas cup, Uber cup and Sudirman cup

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

except Thomas cup, Uber cup and Sudirman cup
    Read the next sentence very carefully

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  ibl1.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  61.1 KB

This is taken when Banga Beats celebrated Hu Yun's won. I got several questions:

1. Who is this lovely, elated, beautiful and gorgeous gal?
    2. What's in her right belly ?
    3. Why the man behind her looked so sad when his team won?
    4. Who's the girl in green? a player? looks like a Thai

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With LCW ready to play, Mumbai has a small pleasant dilemma:
    The format of the event says, only three foreigners can be fielded in a single tie and no player can be fielded in more than two matches in the same tie. (one foreigner in 2 matches eats up the third spot I suppose)
    And the dilemma: LCW, Ivanov, Zweibler, Tine Baun which 3 to pick?
    Ivanov can play both the doubles but then they would have to leave out TB and MZ & could only play LCW in Singles and hope they win both the doubles involving Ivanov.
    Tough yeah... Mumbai doesn't seems too strong all of a sudden with this rule in place....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With LCW ready to play, Mumbai has a small pleasant dilemma:
    The format of the event says, only three foreigners can be fielded in a single tie and no player can be fielded in more than two matches in the same tie. (one foreigner in 2 matches eats up the third spot I suppose)
    And the dilemma: LCW, Ivanov, Zweibler, Tine Baun which 3 to pick?
    Ivanov can play both the doubles but then they would have to leave out TB and MZ & could only play LCW in Singles and hope they win both the doubles involving Ivanov.
    Tough yeah... Mumbai doesn't seems too strong all of a sudden with this rule in place....
    Awahde warriors played foreigner's in 5 spots against Hyderabad. They played

1Tanongsak MS
    2Kido & 3Boe MD
    4Kido & 5Sapsiree MX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I really like this tournament. I've never watched an Indian tournament before, but this tournament is really well run and the crowds are amazing! It's a breath of fresh air compared to the usual boring SS. It's fun to see the mixup in teams and it's fun to see Boe play against Morgensen.

My only grip is the commentators. I'm absolutely sure India has some very knowledgeable commentators about badminton. However, the commentators I heard on youtube are just bad. They don't seem to know the players, tactics, and rules very well. I hope that for the next IBL, they can find better commentators.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Wow, I really like this tournament. I've never watched an Indian tournament before, but this tournament is really well run and the crowds are amazing! It's a breath of fresh air compared to the usual boring SS. It's fun to see the mixup in teams and it's fun to see Boe play against Morgensen.

My only grip is the commentators. I'm absolutely sure India has some very knowledgeable commentators about badminton. However, the commentators I heard on youtube are just bad. They don't seem to know the players, tactics, and rules very well. I hope that for the next IBL, they can find better commentators.
    I don't know about star sport 2 but ESPN had Indian commentators for the matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    I don't know about star sport 2 but ESPN had Indian commentators for the matches.
    Whoever the commentator was when Boe played against Morgensen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ne7_lzCST4

You could tell the commentator was a bit clueless. I'm sure there are some ex-Indian pros or Indian coaches that could provide better analysis than they ones they picked.

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast